Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Combo Thread

What is "legit"?

He got 4.1k off a FC 50 meter and a burst. That's not efficient at all.

Edit: or not? 2C doesn't fatal anymore? I feel like I heard something like that?

2C not longer has Fatal property, However the actual stun time of the initial hit looks the same. The combo may not be efficient but its but its incredibly cool looking.

edit:

Now if i remember right Tagers command grabs in extend do no extra damage if opponent is in danger state? i know this is blurry but to me this says 6021 damage. The last number is definitely not a 0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMiI-ZpmDeA&feature=youtu.be#t=3m28s

2C not longer has Fatal property, However the actual stun time of the initial hit looks the same. The combo may not be efficient but its but its incredibly cool looking.

edit:

Now if i remember right Tagers command grabs in extend do no extra damage if opponent is in danger state? i know this is blurry but to me this says 6021 damage. The last number is definitely not a 0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMiI-ZpmDeA&feature=youtu.be#t=3m28s

The weird part of that is that Danger state should be more damage than that right? It definitely did more, but like...20% more. So that is weird.

What is "legit"?

He got 4.1k off a FC 50 meter and a burst. That's not efficient at all.

Edit: or not? 2C doesn't fatal anymore? I feel like I heard something like that?

By legit I just mean somebody using OD for a full combo. I agree that there is probably a more efficient option off CH 2c.

@Numero: I believe that they can burst as soon as you come out of OD.

god i know that hakumen is in good shape in CP

but i can't see that without becoming enraged :P

god i know that hakumen is in good shape in CP

but i can't see that without becoming enraged :P

It does look like complete bullshit, lol. And it keeps happening.

I hate Hakumen with a passion but I'll agree with that - they could have made the counters worse without making them have such eensy range on the hit.

i love hakumans counter nerf. i love to laugh every time i see it not work!

Anyway i dont think this was reported but we can actualy combo off of a raw non counter J.2C now.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbMaMhoLYM0&feature=youtu.be#t=4m51s

i love how tager just keeps getting better and there still is many things left to be discovered. I cant wait to see all the stuff that will be found in console practice mode.

Edit: Also dont think this was reported yet either but 6B is no longer a Fatal Counter.

Comboing off a raw non counter j2C still seems to require them to be up in the air with you. I doubt you can do it if you hit them while they're on the ground.

I'm not sure if that's really an improvement considering we could combo if we j2C'd them while they're above us in the air already.

Comboing off a raw non counter j2C still seems to require them to be up in the air with you. I doubt you can do it if you hit them while they're on the ground.

I'm not sure if that's really an improvement considering we could combo if we j2C'd them while they're above us in the air already.

i havnt played extend in over a year but i thought the only way we could combo them with a non counter raw j.2C while they were below us was with instant elbow. To me its still an improvement if it lets us do something good that we couldn't do before without taking anything else good away from it.

Here is another example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbMaMhoLYM0&feature=youtu.be#t=18m22s. i seen a few others from cp but i never saved them

i love hakumans counter nerf. i love to laugh every time i see it not work!

They already made it have like a 15 frame startup. It's just wrong. :P

i havnt played extend in over a year but i thought the only way we could combo them with a non counter raw j.2C while they were below us was with instant elbow. To me its still an improvement if it lets us do something good that we couldn't do before without taking anything else good away from it.

Here is another example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbMaMhoLYM0&feature=youtu.be#t=18m22s. i seen a few others from cp but i never saved them

Well considering the fact we can use non-instant j2C midcombo in CSX and get away with it if we hit them with it when they're in the air (like after a magnetized 3C > AC whiff, or after a close 6C), then I think it goes without saying that we could also combo off of it if we hit them raw in the same relative position in CSX. That CP example you posted kinda just looked like that situation. Again, I'm pretty sure that if you raw j2C a standing opponent, they'll recover before you can hit them with anything else, since in that situation they hit the ground much sooner than you.

You simply have to have hit them with j.2C really early, or instant elbow. It's one of those odd situations where meaty does not help. It's because Tager will fall faster than the opponent after hitting them with it. So if he's high enough in the air, he'll reach the ground quicker than the opponent does so long as you hit them early enough. If you hit them too late the opposite happens, preventing combos.

The easy way I think of it is "You need to be on a level, or lower than the opponent when you begin your j.2C in order for it to work." The latter is obviously risky because you might whiff entirely.

Well considering the fact we can use non-instant j2C midcombo in CSX and get away with it if we hit them with it when they're in the air (like after a magnetized 3C > AC whiff, or after a close 6C), then I think it goes without saying that we could also combo off of it if we hit them raw in the same relative position in CSX. That CP example you posted kinda just looked like that situation. Again, I'm pretty sure that if you raw j2C a standing opponent, they'll recover before you can hit them with anything else, since in that situation they hit the ground much sooner than you.

Well if it works in csx then thats great too. since i stopped playing csx along item ago i just watched videos. i never seen it done in a csx match video ever out of the hundreds I've watched so i didnt know it worked, but i have seen it several times already in CP videos so i thought it was something new. Also i was just talking about air hit i never meant it would combo if they were standing.

Well if it works in csx then thats great too. since i stopped playing csx along item ago i just watched videos. i never seen it done in a csx match video ever out of the hundreds I've watched so i didnt know it worked, but i have seen it several times already in CP videos so i thought it was something new. Also i was just talking about air hit i never meant it would combo if they were standing.
I call BS. j.2C is used in pretty much every magnetized combo in extend and has been since day 1, often more than once per combo, occasionally like 4 times in one combo.

I'd bet actual money that you are mistaken.

I call BS. j.2C is used in pretty much every magnetized combo in extend and has been since day 1, often more than once per combo, occasionally like 4 times in one combo.

I'd bet actual money that you are mistaken.

Hello? Our entire conversation was about starting a combo from a raw j.2c non counter air hit. Obviously you were not paying attention.

I didnt know that you could already do this in CSX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbMaMhoLYM0&feature=youtu.be#t=4m51s

The fact that Tager can use it mid combo in extend means that he can combo off it on normal hit so long as the same conditions are fulfilled in regards to height and positioning.

The fact that Tager can use it mid combo in extend means that he can combo off it on normal hit so long as the same conditions are fulfilled in regards to height and positioning.

This. I mean, if you use it midcombo then you're literally working with less hitstun than off of a raw hit, and you can still combo off of it.

I call BS on that too. You conversation was not entirely about that. You were responding to this

If you see it in a combo (Which is a non CH j.2C, not just like it, is) then you know it works, you saw it in a combo probably over 500 times in a hundred videos.

Raw landing j.2C does combo on standing in CSX. No idea about CP. It's a rather unlikely starter that's for sure.

I call BS on that too. You conversation was not entirely about that. You were responding to this

If you see it in a combo (Which is a non CH j.2C, not just like it, is) then you know it works, you saw it in a combo probably over 500 times in a hundred videos.

He was explaining why starting a combo like the cp one i posted does work in csx. Then i responded that i didnt know that because i never seen a csx match video where someone started a combo that same way as the one i posted from cp.

You thought i was saying i never seen it used in a combo when i was actualy talking about using it to start a combo. Its not my fault that you have poor reading comprehension.