Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Combo Thread

He was explaining why starting a combo like the cp one i posted does work in csx. Then i responded that i didnt know that because i never seen a csx match video where someone started a combo that same way as the one i posted from cp.

You thought i was saying i never seen it used in a combo when i was actualy talking about using it to start a combo. Its not my fault that you have poor reading comprehension.

If you Reallly want to trace this back to the first misunderstanding you made it by not realizing that the j.2C starting the combo was completely irrelevant and that a non ch j.2C is a non CH j.2C and making a bunch of completely meaningless statements about it, but this isn't about the blame game.

End of story, of course you can combo off of non CH j.2Cs we do it all the time, there is no question that it can be done and for all intents and actual functionality you have also seen it happen.

On the subject, I'm seeing a fair amount of ...j.2C, 5B > 6A... going on. Am I to assume this only really works early on in the combo?

Huh. There a reason you'd want to skip the 5C? (like j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A)

So you can do 236A and still have them close enough to follow it up. Otherwise it knocks them too far away.

Yes 5B > 6A works otg. I have seen it a lot and I noticed it early on. As said above, the only reason you would 5B>6A is so you can 236A >3C>whiff AC stuff if you are midscreen and they are mag'd. It works late in combos as well but that depends on the starter due to certain moves increasing the "combo time".

I also think that 5B > 5C > 6A knocks them too high too. Remember how we have to delay 5B > 5C > 236A in the corner in CSX?

Yeah so true. I am just wondering what other FC j2C we will find out. Something tells me that we will find 6k to 7k non OD combos somewhere in there.

I'll bet on it. I haven't seen any FC j.2C combos in the corner yet. Provided 5B's untechable time is the same as in Extend, 5B > j.2C loops should still be possible. That alone should add quite a bit of damage.

I'll bet on it. I haven't seen any FC j.2C combos in the corner yet. Provided 5B's untechable time is the same as in Extend, 5B > j.2C loops should still be possible. That alone should add quite a bit of damage.

With the new stun duration mechanics, I can see Tager's FC doing some seriously eyebrow-raising crap in the corner lol. I've yet to see the situation arise in a fight though.

With the new stun duration mechanics, I can see Tager's FC doing some seriously eyebrow-raising crap in the corner lol. I've yet to see the situation arise in a fight though.

Honestly, I can count on one hand how many times I've done the corner 2C fatal combo in a real match, but the reaction my opponent has makes it all worth it. :kitty:

I suppose fatal j.2C can work as a punish in CP. And since there's no more double bursts in CP, using a punish that isn't 360/720 will become more viable. That, and if he baits someone's anti-air with it...

If you Reallly want to trace this back to the first misunderstanding you made it by not realizing that the j.2C starting the combo was completely irrelevant and that a non ch j.2C is a non CH j.2C and making a bunch of completely meaningless statements about it, but this isn't about the blame game.

End of story, of course you can combo off of non CH j.2Cs we do it all the time, there is no question that it can be done and for all intents and actual functionality you have also seen it happen.

The simple fact is that your attempt to call BS was BS. Instead of owning up to it like a man you try to save face by repeating the same thing over again that others have already said and established before you did, therefore adding nothing to the conversation. Your were a day late and a dollar short. End of Story.

walkinginonkrazy.jpg

oh my god people, nobody is reading this shit. :P I can't even tell what's being argued over anymore. If someone fucked up just state the facts about the game and move on, that's all that anyone is interested in.

The simple fact is that your attempt to call BS was BS. Instead of owning up to it like a man you try to save face by repeating the same thing over again that others have already said and established before you did, therefore adding nothing to the conversation. Your were a day late and a dollar short. End of Story.
Irony~

As per Mac's request the only fact that about the game that was discussed was that j.2C can at times be comboed from without CH and the rest was whether or not starting a combo with j.2C need ever be seen to know that is inherently obvious in Tager's combos which devolved into just semantics. So that much has been done for a about 2 days.

Tagertime, I apologize that I went so far as calling BS. That wasn't very respectful of me. All I really wanted to say was that you were drawing a meaningless distinction and made a mistake, but that wasn't all that important and wasn't proper for me to argue about it.

But now I'm razzing you a bit with the irony comment because you talk about people not contributing to the conversation when you're drudging up an old topic and then adding nothing to the conversation. Not that you Had to walk away but you could have Pmed me or included relevant comments to other stuff that was more current.

Also watch the usage on those, mac. Those are the kind of thing mods aren't supposed to appreciate. It doesn't bother me much, but the idea is it takes up a lot of space and it doesn't contribute in proportion, so it'd be pretty bad if those became a habit.

On the topic of FCs, I'm Really doubtful about breaking 6k without spending 100 meter (if then). The proration changes and the new combo paths so far don't seem to allow that kind of damage. We don't have tons of 92 p2s anymore.

Irony~

As per Mac's request the only fact that about the game that was discussed was that j.2C can at times be comboed from without CH and the rest was whether or not starting a combo with j.2C need ever be seen to know that is inherently obvious in Tager's combos which devolved into just semantics. So that much has been done for a about 2 days.

Tagertime, I apologize that I went so far as calling BS. That wasn't very respectful of me. All I really wanted to say was that you were drawing a meaningless distinction and made a mistake, but that wasn't all that important and wasn't proper for me to argue about it.

But now I'm razzing you a bit with the irony comment because you talk about people not contributing to the conversation when you're drudging up an old topic and then adding nothing to the conversation. Not that you Had to walk away but you could have Pmed me or included relevant comments to other stuff that was more current.

Also watch the usage on those, mac. Those are the kind of thing mods aren't supposed to appreciate. It doesn't bother me much, but the idea is it takes up a lot of space and it doesn't contribute in proportion, so it'd be pretty bad if those became a habit.

On the topic of FCs, I'm Really doubtful about breaking 6k without spending 100 meter (if then). The proration changes and the new combo paths so far don't seem to allow that kind of damage. We don't have tons of 92 p2s anymore.

I fully accept and appreciate your apology. Im glad we can move on with no hard feelings.

Since we can break 5k meterless with a normal 5C starter i hope we can break 6k meterless with a Fatal j.2C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pbTupu7rnc#t=1m2s

edit

nice gadget finger cancel combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFxf5nNUHU&feature=youtu.be#t=11m47s

I gotta say that I really like those GF whiffs, there pretty fun looking and they are faster paces than what we have now. I'm still skeptical that we can do that much more off of a fatal j.2C, similar to how meterless in extend you had a barrier on FC 2C because no matter how many more combo options that gave you the additional proration slowed things down too much.

The extra 10% proration on j.2C shouldn't be underestimated especially midscreen, I'd be happy to be wrong but that is typically how these kinds of numbers work out.

Mag mid combo taking significant proration hits made me a bit sad too.

That Tager has some serious balls for using 6A in neutral.

6A has a decent hitbox and they made the move faster and has much better looking recovery.

I support using it and you can also hold it too! Yum

He... he just keeps going.

Also yeah I wanted to actually try using 6A more at neutral now, what with its earlier super armor. I know it's still not fantastic, but its better than it was before. Might actually be worth getting a feel for now.

6A has a decent hitbox and they made the move faster and has much better looking recovery.

I support using it and you can also hold it too! Yum

How much better is the recovery? Because they could've taken 10f off and it would still be within the "if you whiff this move you are fucking DEAD" range.

I hate the idea of being able to hold 6A personally. Like my moves are so slow they are bad, but if I make them even slower something good might happen is just silly to me.

I hate the idea of being able to hold 6A personally. Like my moves are so slow they are bad, but if I make them even slower something good might happen is just silly to me.

I'd support it if it had fast recovery if you held it longer. Like for instance, you can tap it and it's fairly fast, but has bad recovery. But holding it longer gives you a slower hit, obviously, but really fast recovery.

CSX 6A is pretty much just bad at everything with it comes to recovery though.