Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.0] Izayoi Video Thread

Uh this looks like its for Tsubaki not for Izayoi.

Izayoi combos start at 2:58. It seems pretty popular to make combo movies for both Tsubaki and Izayoi in the same video (I remember at least two others off-hand).

Izayoi combos start at 2:58. It seems pretty popular to make combo movies for both Tsubaki and Izayoi in the same video (I remember at least two others off-hand).

Ah ok, I only checked the first 2 minutes to be sure so that explains why I didn't realize that.

Izayoi vs. Kokonoe

These are brilliant! Win or lose, this is what I'd like to see more of vs. Kokonoe. The Izayoi player was correctly blocking things that a lot of people just get hit by, punishing things other players let Kokonoe get away with, good baiting and reading, and generally being mindful of the Gravitons and making intelligent decisions based on that. The match-up is hard to get the hang of since Kokonoe's gameplay is just so strange and different, but she looks really fun to fight once you figure out what you're doing. I need to take some notes so I can get better at it too.

Also, should I know this Izayoi player from the arcades? I don't think I've heard of "pretzel-i-lab-lb" before, and he seems pretty good to have not have heard of.

Also, should I know this Izayoi player from the arcades? I don't think I've heard of "pretzel-i-lab-lb" before, and he seems pretty good to have not have heard of.

The Izayoi player is Purepure from the arcades. He mains Platinum and subs Izayoi/Tsubaki.

Footage of him just doesn't show up often is all.

Yep, and the Kokonoe is Ares, who doesn't get into arcade competition much. He is known for Labrys and Kokonoe cmv's.

The Izayoi player was correctly blocking things that a lot of people just get hit by, punishing things other players let Kokonoe get away with, good baiting and reading, and generally being mindful of the Gravitons and making intelligent decisions based on that.

On the flipside though, that Kokonoe player seemed like he didn't know the Izayoi matchup at all. He was getting hit by every gimmick possible and not punishing unsafe teleports. He kept trying to rush in all the time when it should be Izayoi's game to get through Kononoe's zoning.

On the flipside though, that Kokonoe player seemed like he didn't know the Izayoi matchup at all. He was getting hit by every gimmick possible and not punishing unsafe teleports. He kept trying to rush in all the time when it should be Izayoi's game to get through Kononoe's zoning.

Yeah, people ironically have a lot of trouble with good Izayoi players. I think that's mostly due to the fact that she's so underplayed that (at least in the States) you can go a good month without facing an Izayoi, much less a good one, so when people finally go up against her, they don't really seem to know what they should be doing due to not really having much experience with the match-up.

That said, the teleport tactics Purepure was using aren't as gimmicky as they look. If spaced correctly, Sonic Saber into D teleport is a legitimate setup for a blockstring that can't be punished (it's like +3 or something I think, but it varies of course). Also, if the opponent reacts to the teleport when the projectile is just few frames away and gets hit, you can get a full combo from that too. You just have to make sure the Saber hits just after the teleport invulnerability ends. I think that's the point of the A Sonic Saber that makes it dangerous in Gain Art, and I think that the coming buff to make D teleport cost 1 stock is supposed to support this setup. Also, you can use the invulnerability frames from her other teleports in neutral to dodge certain attacks and improve your position at the same time, mostly for slow, long ranged attacks that can't be easily countered. Dodging Kokonoe's C normals for instance with teleport is safe since the recovery on those normals is too long to punish the teleport, but using Izayoi's teleports like this takes a lot of match-up experience though. I'm not very good at it myself.

I'm not really sure why Ares likes to rush in with Kokonoe though. Isn't she supposed to be zoner? I don't play Kokonoe, so I don't really know what is and isn't good to do with her.

Use the 1.1 video thread for 1.1 videos please.

Also, include the timestamps where Izayoi appears as per standard video thread rules. That's a lot of stuff for people to sort though.

2.0 Izayoi vids

vs Tager matches

http://youtu.be/kdZKX1nfO5o?t=5m07s

http://youtu.be/kdZKX1nfO5o?t=17m19s

vs Litchi

http://youtu.be/SraGgzveE1g?t=6m8s

Koeru (IZ) vs Gike (AR) FT5

http://youtu.be/gcQ6PkHmv64

Koeru (IZ) vs Akashi (AZ) FT5

http://youtu.be/2ROZqNsFyno

Think we can get a 2.0 Izayoi video thread made by any chance?