Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

[CP] Hakumen Video Thread

It looks cool and it makes extra smacking sounds at the end. lol

Maybe it's just his way of looking unique.

Also the 6a > 6d thing is kind of cool. I'm not sure what the point is of that either

6A and 6B can be drive cancelled very early after their blocked. So it is active at the time that a 2A or 5A would come out to stop our pressure.

Also since 6A always has the threat of a 6B coming afterwards, people will be less likely to use lows to poke out with.

Also the 6a > 6d thing is kind of cool. I'm not sure what the point is of that either

Looks like 5D to me, it seemed to come out too quickly to be 6D.

Here's a match for Chibaken. It's only one, though :v:

[1/31/2014] Cat's Eye Machida Red VS White - Chibaken(Hakumen) vs Nanase(Mu-12)

I still don't understand the dj.B > j.A > Agito ender he goes for. I can't see the use for it.

I'm no expert, but I think it makes sense for the situation. His combo was already pretty prorated, and wasn't going to kill mu with the meter he had if he burned it all. Using Agito like that guarantees he'll get a corner mixup. She was already low on life, so any open he got he could kill her without using much meter, so in that situation makes sense.

And yeah people already said it; the 6A -> D counter is basically just a frametrap. Kind of a risky one, but it is what it is.

I'm no expert, but I think it makes sense for the situation. His combo was already pretty prorated, and wasn't going to kill mu with the meter he had if he burned it all. Using Agito like that guarantees he'll get a corner mixup. She was already low on life, so any open he got he could kill her without using much meter, so in that situation makes sense.

It doesn't make sense atm b/c proration isn't an issue. There's no noticeable reason to go for dj.B > j.A > Agito over dj.C > Agito in the corner...yet he does it all the time (even with good starters). At first I thought it was a spacing thing, but I've tested it in training mode and the ranges it puts you at aren't any different from what you get when choosing to delay or input j.C immediately before the Agito.

If someone else can figure out the reasoning behind it, please point it out. I can't see why he'd decrease his damage a bit for what appears to be the same knockdown oki we get anyways. :(

Can't wait to into a huge tizzy about it, and someone finally asks him and he's like, "oh I dunno, looks cooler"

Not a Haku player, but maybe X-djB>djA>Agito takes longer to complete than X-djC>Agito, so Haku to end with more meter?

Nope, j.C version builds a bit more meter. I'm messing around with it right now, but I just don't see anything :v:

It doesn't make sense atm b/c proration isn't an issue. There's no noticeable reason to go for dj.B > j.A > Agito over dj.C > Agito in the corner...yet he does it all the time (even with good starters). At first I thought it was a spacing thing, but I've tested it in training mode and the ranges it puts you at aren't any different from what you get when choosing to delay or input j.C immediately before the Agito.

If someone else can figure out the reasoning behind it, please point it out. I can't see why he'd decrease his damage a bit for what appears to be the same knockdown oki we get anyways. :(

could be timing specific for a setup, could be just easier for him the way he does inputs. Could just be a habit. could be a billion things. Remember folks, not everything people who are really good do is precisely calculated. You've been listening to too much James Chen and Ultradavid if you believe that.

in the end I doubt it really matters all that much. The important thing was to get the agito to connect for the corner mixup. that's about it.

God these forums are dying of content, allow me to alleviate with almost a month's worth of vids:

BBCP 1/13/2014 Athena Nipponbashi Red (A Layout) VS White (B Layout) 

hikarizakahitsuki (Amane) vs. marasai (Hakumen)

ōka (Hakumen) vs. matoi (Taokaka)

tenchi (Hakumen) vs. yumekami (Platinum)

tenchi (Hakumen) vs. kikuchiyo (Litchi) 

BBCP 2/21/2014 Tachikawa Singles Part 1/3

Hikaru (hakumen) VS Kuresu ( tsubaki )

BBCP 2/22/2014 Mix up Night #17 Singles Tournament Part 4/16

Tenchi (Hakumen) vs. Air (Litchi), Part 2.

Poropiccho (Hakumen) vs. Tetsu Yarou (Noel) The match has like 20 seconds cut off from the end of the previous video in the playlist

Tenchi (Hakumen) vs. Murishin (Jin), Part 2

Poropiccho (Hakumen) vs. N- Otoko (Rachel) 

Will post more tomorrow, late, lazy, and hungry.