Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Combo Thread

What tricks are you guys using to get the j.2B to come out instantly

All you have to do is 8 > j2B. Theres really no trick to it but immediately doing the j.2B as you jump. Just keep practicing it and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

You mean so Amane doesn't bounce back up on hit/block? Just do it fast enough if that's the case, you really can't slack using j.2B that way. I do 963B

Some of those combos are extremely useful and I can't wait to start using them! Amane definitely feels like the kind of character that has a million different hit confirms and a strong player has to know all of them, it's not optional.

What are amane's OD combos? Particularly full life ones. I've been experimenting with 2a starters into OD to end the round faster but I would like to know if there is a combo section or a video dedicated to this. Even match videos because I know jiro loves doing OD combos.

What are amane's OD combos? Particularly full life ones. I've been experimenting with 2a starters into OD to end the round faster but I would like to know if there is a combo section or a video dedicated to this. Even match videos because I know jiro loves doing OD combos.

Will repost my CH OD combos from earlier in the thread:

Decided to test some 100% OD combos off common CH hits. All midscreen at 100% hp:

ch 6a>jcc OD>5b3>2c>6c2>2d>236b>j.6d>j.236a>j.6d Best I've gotten from it is 5435/38 heat but you basically always get 5k+. Ideally you let them drop quite low after the JCC OD. You'll know if you do it low enough if they skid in front of you after 6c2 instead of going behind you. Let them skid on the floor a bit before doing the 2d for max damage.

fc 6b>ad OD>j.b3>5b3>5c2>6c1>236d~d>2d>236b>j.6d>etc. Best I've gotten so far is 5177/37. Only works if you are about 1 char length or less though when you hit 6b.

ch 3c>236d~d>OD>2b>5b1>5c2>6c1>236d~d>2d>236b>j.6d>et c. Does about 5173/36. Works at any distance that 5c hits twice at.

ch 3c>236d~d>OD>2b>5b1>5c1>236a>j.b3>5b1>5c2>6c1>236d ~d>2d>236a>j.6d>etc. Does 4022/28. Works at max distance that 2b picks up which is basically start of round distance.

Also, the newest combo vid in the video thread has some OD combos in it, though most are not 100% iirc.

thank you very much. these will be useful.

im trying to get something of a 2a starter. the best l get is 2k and almost lv3. lv2 is still sort of mediocre though, and it doesn't seem to get to lv 3 at all. too bad lv2 doesn't have just a little more hitstun,

l guess i'll resort to fishing for ch's then.

l guess i'll resort to fishing for ch's then.

I feel like I fish for counter hits too much, and end up getting blown up for it sometimes. CH 3C and 6B are really good though so why not go for it lol

Not sure why you'd waste OD on a 2a confirm. Especially at 100% when you won't get lvl3 off it. I'd rather just go into some 6d/hariken setup off 2a.

Corner throw > 236DD > OD > 6A > 623C > 5B > 5D > 632146C > dash under them > 623C

does about 4.7k, completely unburstable and even works at 100% health.

Corner throw > 236DD > OD > 6A > 623C > 5B > 5D > 632146C > dash under them > 623C

does about 4.7k, completely unburstable and even works at 100% health.

I would like to see a video of this.

Also joined the group on FB?

I would like to see a video of this.

Also joined the group on FB?

Just recorded the combo. Adding 2B before the 5B gives you an extra 145 damage. Gonna upload soon.

A neat little combo I came up with (could alright be known but meh). The nice part about it is you can do it at 100% hp and still get like 4.2k or 3.8k but the only downside is that you have to have to the opponent in the corner but as amane that shouldn't be too difficult. So if you ever have the momentum this is a good combo to try out

grab> 236d(D)> OD> 5b> 236c> 5b> 6b> airdash j2c> 6d> zettou j2c> 6d: 4.2k

Stuff> airdash j2c> zettou j2c< j236c: 3.8k

Found a nice combo off of 6B in corner that leads into Gekiren reset or drill oki:

6B > Air Dash > j2C > j2B > j236A > jB(3) |> 5B(3) > 5C(2) > 6C(2) > 236D~D > 2B > 6A > 623C >..

Drill Oki: ..5B(1) > 236A

Gekiren Reset: ..2B > 623C

3.8k damage (40 heat gain altogether if gekiren reset is successful). That and a gekiren combo adds up to big damage, around 8k really "^-^

I have no idea how madteaparty is so godlike when I never hear anything from him ever lol. His old Valk video was great too. This vid definitely makes me want to get my copy back and lab it up.

To note, some these combos are really cool and the damage is nuts, but they run untech time giving the opponent air tech on Gosei. Depending on the starter, you can find a slightly less damaging version that'll grant knockdown. Though in some cases, the damage is just so high I'd argue it could be worth it. 4.3k off 5C anti-air? Any day

Some really cool things in there, eagerly looking to volume 2.

Ya, a lot of the non-C starter stuff I would still probably go with old versions for and take the 100ish damage lost to get ground tech state in a match.

I had no idea Amane could get so much off of 5C air hit, I almost can't believe it. I thought the air tech prorated like hell!