Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Combo Thread

The above combo works with j.B > j.C for 2863 damage. 

You can also do Throw > 3C> 236(A) > j.B > j.C > 6B > j.B > j.C > j.D - 2936 / 21 heat

I noticed people were not expecting me to got for 720A super when I didn't have level 2 heat so I used that against them and used makeshift unburstable combos to finish out the round.

720A (with level 1 heat) > 720D > OD > 6A > 5C > 3C > 41236C > 236D > 6C > 623C > 623D > 236214C - 5636

You can also RC 720A after the last hit for a standard corner combo with 6C > 2B > 5B > 6B > 623C > etc etc as well if you don't have the extra heat for 720D continuation or no OD for that matter. 

howdy guys, newbie here just a few general questions for when Im converting to air combos and general mixups.

I've finally got the hang of back throw combos and picking up people with 236[A] but I have a bad habit of dropping my strings after j.C (awful I know) I usually do
4 throw>236[A]>6B>j.C but from there im kinda lost.

I'm trying to keep them slightly short, but I noticed that I can't go into drive directly after j.C unless I have a heat level. Should I be going into j.B or land and 6b then d.

Aswell if I land miquelet capture midscreen and don't have heat what options do I have to continue from there.

Also in regards to general mixups are there any tools outside 5b,2b,6c and j.c I can use for pressure. I feel like alot of the time It's really predictable and they git hit out of fluke or failing to block low.

I don't know how bad it is but for now I've been expending my heat whenever I feel I'll have the opportunity to setup a charge and because again my chains are fairly short and I like squeezing extra damage out of whatever I can.

any thoughts, criticisms and tips are appreciated.

I'm trying to keep them slightly short, but I noticed that I can't go into drive directly after j.C unless I have a heat level.

try super jumping to get closer, or doing sjBCD, or jB djc jC. Just try to reposition yourself to get closer for jC to hit.

swell if I land miquelet capture midscreen and don't have heat what options do I have to continue from there.

none. Either dash forward to pressure or afterburner for heat, depending on what you think is more important.

blockings:

3C is a decent tool. 3C 236A is only -3 and makes decent space, I often get a counterhit on 5B after a blocked 236A.

3C 236[A] is massively + on block, allowing a reset, and is a strong opener.

3C CH allows 6A 236[A] etc and goes into 3k or so without head or meter.

5[C] is good, as noted.

6B in blockstrings allows a jump cancel but bullet's options from this are rather limited, through from respect you can do 6B jc delay falling jB fuzzy jC jD.

it's not the best back throw combo, but an easy one to start with is 4bc > 236[a] > j.b > j.c > 6b > j.c > j.d. i'd actually appreciate some help with that myself, i think you're supposed to do 236[a] > 6c > something for maximum damage, but i'm not sure exactly what.

anyway, you definitely can combo j.c into j.d with no heat levels, and it's critical that you be able to do that. just make sure to always super jump towards them during the end of air combos so you can be as close as possible.

there isn't anything you can do after a mid screen capture without heat. you can afterburner, but if they forward tech you're in trouble.

5c and 5[c] are prob your best pressure tools, along with 2a. you'll mostly be mixing up with dash throw, command grab, 6a, cross-up j.d, 6d / 2d, and the occasional crush trigger. 6c is cool but don't get predictable. rising j.c is something to consider against some chars (tager).

not quite sure what you're saying with that last point. the only H1 engage i usually do is off midscreen capture, the command grab one, or to continue off a raw snaphance. otherwise i'd say save it, bullet is so much better in H2, you'd almost believe she's not awful. i mean, you'd be wrong, but it's good for morale

i think you're supposed to do 236[a] > 6c > something for maximum damage, but i'm not sure exactly what.

Something like:

4BC > 236[A] > 6C > j.C > 6B > sj.C > j.D (2919, 20 heat)

You have to late jump cancel 6C and do the 1st j.C late as well.

Are some of the combos in the OP still for CP1.0? I see a few that involve 623C into other buttons that you wouldn't(or shouldn't) be able to follow up with the rest... Unless those combos are 'back to the corner' combos?

Eg. 623C 623C, from a snippet of one combo in the OP.