Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Combo Discussion

It might have application against those with a good dp or dp that trade in their favour if j236a hits at a later point. Of course if your opponent can recognized it they should be able to delay tech and roll.

edit: going along the line of baiting certain kinds of reversal that beats j236 such as hakumen 2d, I tried it along with azrael assumption that he will wake up and uses 623b? lol I have no idea what his dp inputs are. anyway the theory is you can use 2cc j8c j236a jd then j214d to bait and punish his dp on whiff assuming he does it on wake up, you cant do much to punish it once it absorb a projectile but you can do it before it absorbs a projectile, well I don't know if creating a bait is practical. 

other theory is j236a jd j214a, there might be enough block stun for j236a to land after you make them block with j214a giving you a quasi positive advantage on a negative move.

I noticed we didn't have this midscreen throw combo in the list 

throw > delayed 623C > j.214(A) > dash 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B > 22B - 2703 damage.

If you're have the corner to your back, it won't work as they won't bounce off the screen far enough but it works midscreen just fine. Not much more damage than our standard 214B > 5C > 2CC > air ender but you get a land ender so the benefits are obvious as far as no charge combos go. 

I would put the difficulty at the same rank as standard DP whiff combos go so if you can do those consistently, you can do this one too. 

I believe so.

5A > 2C should work just the same but the 5C continuation isn't that much harder in this one in my opinion. 

Something small I wanted to share

(Near corner) - 5BB > 5CC > 236B > 214B > 22B (whiff) > 66 > 632146B > Taunt

I noticed that when I whiff 22B and immediately do the super, a lot of people choose to not tech. In doing so, they'll get hit. I dash forward slightly before I do the super too, because if you're under the opponent; it gives an illusion that the swords may cross up. And obviously the taunt is unnecessary, but it looks cool.

I noticed we didn't have this midscreen throw combo in the list 

throw > delayed 623C > j.214(A) > dash 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B > 22B - 2703 damage.

If you're have the corner to your back, it won't work as they won't bounce off the screen far enough but it works midscreen just fine. Not much more damage than our standard 214B > 5C > 2CC > air ender but you get a land ender so the benefits are obvious as far as no charge combos go. 

I would put the difficulty at the same rank as standard DP whiff combos go so if you can do those consistently, you can do this one too. 

EDIT: 623C doesn't connect midscreen against Jin, Rachel, and Tsubaki.

I'm not sure if these characters are just regular problem childs for Tsubaki's combos, but it's worth noting that the 623C doesn't seem to connect against Jin or Rachel from what I've tested so far. Will test other characters later.

on kokonoe it has a very specific frames that can hit but otherwise hard.

on a important note, on same character its quite easy like litchi, azrael ectera, interesting note that the wall bounce off the throws can actually provide perfect timing which set up the correct hieght for DP whiff,and correct delay for j214a,  giving the lowest tech point for an easy 5c 2c confirm, of course these are done mid screen but it would shift more once its closer to corner giving a different timing,

623c j214b whiff 5a will work regardless.

Just some things that popped up during earlier shenanigans and testing when I woke up this morning.

[50%] Command Grab > RC > 6CC > 236C > 214B > 22B(w) > 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214C [2046 DM] [5% HG]

[Corner + 50%] Command Grab > RC > 6C > 22B(max) > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214B > 22B(w) > 5C > 2CC > j.CC > j.236A > j.214A [2562 DM] [8% HG]

[Corner + 50%] Command Grab > RC > 6C > 22B(max) > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214B > 22B(w) > 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214A [2397 DM] [7% HG]

[Corner + 25%] Grab > CT > 6CC > 236C > 214B > 22B(w) > 5C > 623C > j.236A > j.214A [3908 DM] [17% HG]

Also one last one that a lot of people may already know. It is more of a confirm than an optimized combo, though. I don't see many people use it, but it is probably one the the most useful things you can do with a near max range 5B if you are not near a corner or do not have charge.

5B(max range) > 236A > etc.

Just for those times when you know for sure that 5BB will whiff because it happens a lot.

Hrm. So it looks  (Corner) 5CC > 22D > 6C > CT > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B doesn't work on Carl? 236C just doesn't hit him.

Hrm. So it looks  (Corner) 5CC > 22D > 6C > CT > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B doesn't work on Carl? 236C just doesn't hit him.

well the usually method doesnt work on him, since of his hit box,

what I did was delay inbetween 2cc and 236c connected.

other alternative is

(Corner) 5CC > 22D > 6C > CT > 5B > 2CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B

using 5b correct the hit box issue of 5c lifting it higher, you can just mash the rest of combo after that as normal

Maybe it's time you start making a combo vid lol, I will take a closer look after work but the numbers are looking good.

I sure would like to, but that day will come when I find out how to record video off of my PS3 without having to buy the equipment to do so.

Okay I cheated the system and just did my combo on a stream at a local tournament. Did not spend any money on a capture card yet. They asked me to entertain the stream while they were waiting for the next one I was going to fight finish his fight in one of the other games that was running so I just did it in training mode.

Here is an alternate version of the [2 Charge + Corner + 25%] combo out of the corner forward tech gimmick reset's 6C AA. It happens at around 42 minutes into the recording, a bit of time after I won my fight against a Jin.

6C(AA) > CT > 6BB > 421D > 236D > 5C(dash) > 2C > 214B > 5C > 2CC > j.CC > j.236A > j.214A [5900 DM] [27% HG]

This one is easier to do than the original one that ended with 5C > 623C > j.236A > j.214A but does 90 less damage and can be changed to end with knockdown if that is preferred.

From the segment of video you can see my very very bad habit of doing sloppy inputs. I hope to change that in the future.

Sending to the Graveyard.

You can continue in gameplay discussion.