Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Combo Discussion

I was just planning on being lazy and leaving the other combo discussion but thought it'd be better to actually just have a new thread so we can all get a fresh new start~ and no one has posted in the other thread in about four months.

The idea for this thread is pretty straightforward: Talk about Tsubaki's combos from CP in here!

Got it? Wondava. :toot:

I'm pretty excited to see what people come up with especially since we have new tools at our disposal. Some of the more basic BnBs still work but our more advanced ones have either changed (drastically) or appear to have been removed due to her movelist change.

I also want to know if they have Mugen similar to how it was in Extend and not that unused super from CS1 and CS2 that was essentially used for... nothing. There was absolutely no reason at all to use it in CS1 and 2 except maybe to troll lol.

Caught some gameplay from some streams.

I noticed that 6A > 5CC > 6BB > 236C > 214B > 22B (Charge) did 2.1k. I think I also noticed that 5A > 5BB > 5CC > 6BB > 236C > 214B > 22B (Charge) did 1.8k on crouching.

Her throw wallabounds in the corner and may make the opponent fly behind you just like when you try to followup with a CH 22D in the corner in EX. It didn't look like she could followup with any normals.

http://es-es.twitch.tv/central804/b/342583745 posting as I see, starting from second match.

Corner 6A > 5CC > 6BB > 214C > 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214C 2.5K

(On crouching) 6A > 5CC > 214D > 2CC > airdash j.CC > 5C > 2CC > 236A > 214A > 22A did almost 2.9k and earned like 25 meter I think, should work anywhere

she also did 22D CH > 6C > CT > DP 214whiff for 3.1k, seemed like a dropped combo but the numbers are promising

gonna guuess the DP > 236D 214D > 6C > CT thing at 6:00 would have been able to be continued if she had used D DP

Uohhh Tsubaki in sparring mode, Also, what does Tsubaki's OD do? If it makes her use D moves for free this notation may be wrong

(Corner, 2 charge, full life OD) 5CC > 22D > OD > 6C > CT > 6BB > Projectileballthing > Powered up 236C > Backdash > 5C > 2C > 236A > 214A > 22A for 5K

5BB > 5CC > 623C > Whiff > 2C > 214C > 2CC > Airdash j.CC > 5C > 2C > j.CC > j.214C for 2.8K

5CC > 22D > 6C > CT > 5C > 2C > 214D > 5C > 2CC > 236A > 214A > 22A for about 4.5k (seemed to blue beat at the end? not sure if it's a legit combo or the enemy was just too high)

CH DP 214Whiff > Dash 5B > 2C > j.B > j.CC > j.214C works for 1.6 k

Anti-air CH 2C delay C > Airdash j.CC > 5C > 2C > 214C > 5C > 2CC > j.B > j.CC > j.214C for like 2.7K

Hype corner 6A > 5CC > 22D > 6C > j.D > j.C > 5C > 2CC > 236A > 214A > 22A for 3k

j.CC (second hit only) > j.D > j.B combos on standing so it could be a safe way to hitconfirm?

for what it's worth, CH 5B > 6CC > 236A > 214A > 22A easiest 2.7k ever?

DP > 236D 214D > 6CC > 236A > 214A > 22A 2.7K

214D (anti air only?) > 2CC > Airdash j.CC > 5C > 2C > 214C > 5C > 2C > super for 3.1k (eh this is basically the anti air combo posted above)

offtopic: LOL QUADRA COMMAND GRAB, command grab giving charge is pretty cool

After watching those matches, all my doubts about Tsubaki in this version have been adressed.

I literally sat there watching all of it with my mouth open.

Wonder who the player is though, from my limited Katakana knowledge it comes out to Kukahiro which I've never heard of.

EDIT: Apparently it's Kuresu, why he using different name? ;_;

Kind of hard to see what the first character is due to the quality lol, oh well.

God, I am so hypppeeeeeee, perfect mix of old and new combos.

It is Kuresu but he's using Takahiro for his nesica handle. His twitter is タカヒロ@クレス.

I believe he, Konan, Spinoza and a few other Tsubakis have been discussing combos and combo theory on their twitters between each other.

Uhh. 22D FC'd. Wut

Maybe that explains why Kuresu was "fishing" with it in some of the videos. It was sortof weird, because it kinda looked like he was going for the now-nonexistant unblockable, and I couldn't figure out why he was doing it. If it Fatals, and is plus enough on block...

i kinda find it interesting how we can charge cancel out of j.CC and 6C now. Also i think tsubaki's overdrive is basically mugen just with more hit stun or less proration and gain install gauge kinda like hakumen's Overdrive. CS1 Tsubaki and CS2 Tsubaki fuse them together to get CP Tsubaki!! :yaaay: or

Izayoi

OD is distinctly different in that you can start it up, and at the end of your combo, you have enough charge for a nasty DD. You have lots at the end, little at the front. Mugen gives you a lot at the front, but unless you mugen'd with 4 or 5 charges, I don't think you're going to slip in a a huge DD. I dunno exactly how it it'll work out but I think it could let them combine nicely..

OD is distinctly different in that you can start it up, and at the end of your combo, you have enough charge for a nasty DD. You have lots at the end, little at the front. Mugen gives you a lot at the front, but unless you mugen'd with 4 or 5 charges, I don't think you're going to slip in a a huge DD. I dunno exactly how it it'll work out but I think it could let them combine nicely..
nah if you OD then mugen. Her mugen will take priority over the OD so in other words you just wasted your OD unless you combo into it and you had no install gauge then you'd OD continue combo so that you gain the install then mugen but that's just speculation to be honest

Doesn't matter if mugen takes priority, OD can last a lot longer than mugen and OD isn't going to provide you enough charge to (DDD). OD for burst protection, mugen for better damage, OD for D DD at end of combo, etc.

We'll see what ends up happening though, this is speculation

Seems Kuresu/Takehiro has been experimenting with command grab > RC. Gotta RC before first hit it seems. It seemed to do decent damage, but the opponent died before seeing more.

Seems Kuresu/Takehiro has been experimenting with command grab > RC. Gotta RC before first hit it seems. It seemed to do decent damage, but the opponent died before seeing more.

Before the first hit? That seems a little unfortunate (since it means you basically get nothing from the grab itself), and it's definitely not what this player went for here. Though admittedly, that went into 236236D, which comes out insane fast, so it might've been the only thing he could do at that point.

proration. But this has been what we've thought for months. RC for dmg, lose the charge, or take the charge. RC at the end, 5 charge D distortion is cool but really for simplicity, slow confirming, and for burst protection I think. You'd just do better dmg RC'ing earlier.

proration. But this has been what we've thought for months. RC for dmg, lose the charge, or take the charge. RC at the end, 5 charge D distortion is cool but really for simplicity, slow confirming, and for burst protection I think. You'd just do better dmg RC'ing earlier.

Well, except that we don't actually know how good/bad the proration is yet?

Few combos are beginning to blossom now.

In Kuresu's match against Matsu, he did:

5B CH > 6CC > 214B > 5C > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214A - The j.214A whiffed but he probably could've confirmed the combo with j.214C. That was already about 3.5k and that's really good coming from a 5B CH.

There are also a few matches where players are using DP whiff combos and following up with 5A > 2C. Pretty interesting.

Some other combos I added to the compilation:

-5BB > 5CC > 623C > j.214X(w) > Dash 5A > 2C > 236X > 214B > 22B

-5BB > 5CC > 214D > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2C > 236X > 214B > 22B [ON CROUCHING ONLY]

-5CC > 22D > 6C > CT > 5C > 2CC > 236X > 5A > 5C > 2C > 236X > 214B > 22B

-6BB > 22D > 6CC > 236X > 214B > 22B

J214C has higher recovery - that's why people go for J214A/214b.

5A>2C followup is because 5C>2C doesn't seem to be stable. char based? I can't remember

J214C has higher recovery - that's why people go for J214A/214b.

5A>2C followup is because 5C>2C doesn't seem to be stable. char based? I can't remember

Ah alright. Thank you for that. Not sure if 5C > 2C is character specific but I wouldn't put it past us if it was.

I think I also understand why Kuresu misses the 5C > 2CC > 236X in the corner. It seems like he does it a little early and needs to wait just a little longer for the opponent to fall at the precise height.

The 5b punish combo you saw, wasn't that a grounded ender? maybe I missed it, I saw a 5b 6cc 214D IAD stuff > grounder ender combo.

I saw the 5B CH > 6CC > 214D too but once I saw that it could be done with 214B I figure using 214D could be a waste of stock. That combo is here.

The combo with 214B and the air ender attempt is here.

Ah.

He missed it because his double jump was vertical.

But yeah I think you're right. Non D specials seem not nearly so bad this time around.