Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Combo Discussion

CH 22B > 6C > Mugen > [4]6D > 236D > [4]6D > 236D > 623D > j.236D > j.214D > 236X for 6.2k. He did that with only 2 stock.

Combo was too hype. Wonder if 22B after the 236 would've worked. They probably would tech immediately though, since SMP. But I noticed doing the 2 aura dashes activates SMP as well.

Got two combos that were noteworthy. Sorry if they were already known.

Heres the first one. Kuresu didn't finish the combo but I've never seen that route before.

5A > 5BB > 5CC > 623C > delay j.236A(w) > land > 5C, but Mu was too high for the 2C. I'm wondering if he just derped and didn't input the j.214(w) fast enough after 623C, or if this actually combos. j.214(w) is probably more practical but, I just found it interesting.

Second one is just this. So, CT works midscreen from 3C FC. Iirc meter and chargeless 3C FC goes into about 3.6-7k area. By the 2C after the IAD the damage was already 4k. She should be able to still do two IAD reps. If not then she can just go into 3B's or air ender afterwards.

If double IAD is possible the damage would be

- 4581 for 3B's ender

- 4653 for air ender

No double IAD is around

- 4342 for 3B's

- 4394 for air ender

Pretty good damage. But even if double IAD is possible I'd opt to go for the simpler routes, about 300 less damage but with 2CC floating higher it seems very frustrating to do even regular IAD's now. The delays and heights will probably be really strict, even with the combo time and FC.

3.5K midscreen off of 22B CH.

Too good.

I shall use 22B instead of j.236C(why they remove u =( ) for maximum trolling now.

Yea I know right? It was nice to see. I'd like to know the difficulty of that combo, because that could be a nice alternative to our standard bnb

6A > 5CC > 6B > 214B > 5C > 2CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214A

Been wondering for a while, is there any particular reason this wouldn't work midscreen? Just asking because it's listed as corner only in the combo compilation, when I know I've seen at least start at mid.

Yea it can be done midscreen. It's listed as a midscreen combo too but with one less j.C.

Her new overhead bnb is about 1k more damage than the midscreen one in EX (its about 2.7k now). Overheads actually worth doing now.

not really

Risk-reward is still skewed in the opponent's favour in many cases. Aka, if they hit you out of it/throw you they'll be able to deal more damage to you than you would have been able to do to them if it hit.

The fact that it only gatlings into 5C on block is also problematic since 5C and 5CC are the most obvious spots for Charge cancels and 6B's, opponent will be able to spot it easier and punish you.

Though 5C/5CC into 22B might be pretty good...depends on how safe that is on block and/or if it still acts like a frametrap.

Wouldn't mind it being a few frames faster...or they could just add an overhead for 1 charge that's about 20 frames (and safe on block plx).

That's my take on it at least :V

EDIT: That's not to say that you should NEVER use it, because that just makes it even easier for the opponent. Just never get predictable with it and you'll be fine.

(except against Kiba cause that man is able to react to it instantly whenever I use it even though I use it like once per match...lolol)

EDIT: That's not to say that you should NEVER use it, because that just makes it even easier for the opponent. Just never get predictable with it and you'll be fine.

(except against Kiba cause that man is able to react to it instantly whenever I use it even though I use it like once per match...lolol)

Stupid Kiba. I have to change other stuff I do against him too.

ah but dont most overheads have that issue?

mean except canceling into C.

because i wish i could do that.

Tsubaki, has her damage return increased? I keep reading these combos and it SEEMS like it has.

Damage is pretty high in some cases, low in others.

Not CS2 levels from what I've seen, so you won't be doing at minimum 2.5-2.7K with your combos like you could in CS2 thanks to DP whiff. But it's a fair bit better than EX at least.

ah but dont most overheads have that issue?

EDIT: All overheads are faster than Tsubaki's except Rachel's I believe. You can DP out of most (all?) overheads in this game but throwing people out of them? I really think only Tsubaki is prone to it and not just because of the slower startup, but mainly the range of it as well.

You can throw Ragna out of his 6B as well theoretically but in about 90% of the cases he'll be out of throw range.

Her average damage is up. And its easier to deal higher damage combos with a bit less charge than before. Still on the lower side of the cast but yea her damage is a lot better.

I don't find it's on the lower side of the cast, damage wise. It's pretty average, and maybe even greater than most characters (excepts the top tiers obvs).

The most noticeable thing is the proration buff on 236D and 6A, which are now good starters.

Stupid Kiba. I have to change other stuff I do against him too.

Sounds like GGs to me!

Added a section to the combo thread which holds beginner bnb's. This should REALLY help newcomers/beginners.

We haven't seem this particular combo yet but judging from an earlier combo I've seen this one should work. Take it with some salt though, but it should work.

Midscreen, 2-3 charges

CH 5C > 6C > Mugen > 46D~236D > 46D~236D > 623D j.236D j.214D > 2C > j.CC > j.214B

Calculator says that's 7288 DMG. And she can probably get a tad bit more after the 3D's, but since I haven't seen the combo visually I went for 2C > ender. This is very practical. You can have an easy 2+ charges from a command grab and CH 5C can easily be landed, with a throw bait setup. Dash in and fake a throw, backdash > CH 5C > 6C. This same setup works in Extend, where she can get 5k with a CH 5C throw bait setup with 1 charge and Mugen.

That is pretty immense damage for a 2-3 charge mugen combo regardless if that full combo works.

CP is crazy.

Okay, so I keep seeing Tsubaki players do 214B - 22B(whiff).

Can I ask what the reason is for the 22B whiff? you can combo after 214B regardless?

6A -5CC - 6BB - 214B - 5C - 2CC - IAD combo works after all.

Okay, so I keep seeing Tsubaki players do 214B - 22B(whiff).

Can I ask what the reason is for the 22B whiff? you can combo after 214B regardless?

6A -5CC - 6BB - 214B - 5C - 2CC - IAD combo works after all.

Hah. This is exactly the question I was trying to ask (poorly) in the Video thread. I guess it belongs here. But yes. Exactly my question. I guess...maybe it makes timing easier?

Not really? You were talking about 22B whiff in an oki context, and it was brought up as an "well, yeah, and you can combo after it" comment. Not precisely what I'd call "discussing" it's use mid combo.

So what's it do? Couldn't he have just done 5C there?

Airk you really need to word your sentences better.

Errol brought up that you can combo after it and I suspected a combo using 5C after 214B would work. And it would be useful since it would allow going into air enders on most confirms. Then linked a video in the video thread of Tomo using it. Im not surprised you didnt see since they were in different threads.

I would think that its most likely to help with the timing of 5C after 214B. And for safe jumps is probably used to lessen the large amount of frame advantage your at. So it isnr too hard to deal with the timing of your continued pressure, kind of like the midscreen oki setup I made.

Or maybe its just them being flashy.