Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolarMisae

[CP] Amane Nishiki Video Thread

Two things. First, ragna didn't block low, or he did it really fast and I didn't see it. Second, amane's jb isn't an overhead.

His only overhead (ja) likely requires a deep zettou or jump in, not entirely practical at the moment either and takes a lot of precious time that you could be using chipping the opponent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJS-izxvssA&feature=youtu.be

@10:07 I believe this may confirm that the drill hits low lv3 and could be a true unblockable when combined with an air attack.

If I may add to what TD said, He blocked the drill for a very short period of time and it somewhat pushed him out instead of vacuuming in. If he would have been locked in blockstun, he wouldn't have been hit. There's like... no blockstun on this thing apparently. Curious to see if this could be used to have a green grab at the right timing in there. That'd be so hard to do though, it'd require for a drill to be placed at the exact right spacing. Wonder if it would even be viable. The other thing this makes me realize is that the drill doesn't vacuum, it pushes away from it's center point. If you do get spacing for a drill to push the opponent towards you, you are freeing them from blockstun while they assume they are locked. Really curious and eager to see what can be made out of this.

And seeing Kamoihito's vids, I've got work to do. It's pretty cool he's showing stuff like 3C > Hariken B followup resets. Further indication these might be efficient at covering rolls and not just beat non-rolls. If that's the case, it seems like an easy Hariken > 6D setup on characters with no answer to it on wake up.

Jiro vs NT, 22 minutes of pure goodness

Everything that was talked about recently on here can be seen in the set. 2A > 6A Pressure, 6D setups used to cover all roll options, some roll options beating drill setups, you can see how safe it is to attempt 6D on setups that can be rolled back, you can see Jiro's corner pressure, him using j.D on level 2 (which is incredible btw), you can see how the players get out of pressure.

This set is golden, the only problem with it is NT drops a lot of stuff and Jiro outclasses him, but it's a really good set worth 22 minutes of your life.

Some very nice stuff in there. I'm a bit behind on match vids but those damage combos seemed like pretty good damage for midscreen and meterless.

Was studying the match videos and I see there isn't any Platinum footage. ;~; #INeedToLearn

I think there was some match videos really early on in the life span of the game. Like december-January... Even if you do find them, old match videos and not necessarily excellent players

I have watched this Tomi Amane but I disagree with him being good. He has precision but 0 defense. He cannot take mixup at all and his movement, although solid, still needs some work. Overall he is just average with a few spurts of goodness here and there due only to his precision.

CH 5C(2) > cOD (~25%) > 66 > CT > j.2B > 66 > 2D[2] > j.6C(2) > j.6D[3] > j.6C(1) > j.6D[3] (7545/24%)

Idea time... :psyduck:

So if you don't have the meter (match start for example) you should still be able go into a very similar damaging combo. Maybe 1500-2500 less at worst and still be meterless. I found out from Kamoihito that 2D always floats, so even a ground string into 2D would still go into the route of 2D[2-3] > j.6C(2) > j.6D[3] > j.6C(1) > j.6D[3]. From looking at the gatling table we know every ground normal (except for drive normals) gatling into 2D. 2D has a startup of 17f so what has enough hitstun to cancel into it?

5B, 5C(2), CH 2B, 6A, 6B (might be corner only), and 3C

With the majority of his bnb's going into 5B or 5C half way into the combo before an aerial, special, or oki route ender it should work going straight into that new 2D route ender. In the video the moves before 2D created enough time so that the starting active frames of 2D reaches level 3 from the result of the OD use very early in the combo. From counting frames it takes ~160f to go from level 1 to level 3 with just OD and no drive/special use. With Amane having 180f of OD duration at 100% health you can easily do this without any specific health requirement. Trying to find a meterless combo would require something long enough like..

6A > cOD > 5B > 5C(1) > 6C(2) > 3C > 5B > 5C(2) > [2D ender route]

You should be about 3/4 into level 2 when 2D connects on this example. 6A > cOD > 5B is frame perfect according to the frame data. This is just one of many possible routes. Course the longer the combo the more the proration starts setting in, which would make the 25% meter use of the CT the best optimal option to take away the time needed to build the spiral gauge and it has great damage output with a base of 1000 damage. Being CT's are considered as a special, anything that's special cancelable with a minimum of 30f hitstun can cancel into it, but we need to add 6f for the OD frames, bringing the total required for the starter before OD to be 36f of hitstun minimum. The following meet that:

CH 5C(2), CH 6A, CH 6B (might be corner only), 6C(2), and 3C

So taking everything into account those starters should allow you to preform the same combo as the video, replacing the starter Kamoihito used. 6A, 6B, and 3C sitting at 90 P1 than 5C and 6C's 100 would mean they wouldn't be as high in damage. 6C(2) would actually pass 5C(2) in damage for starters, but it's limited to AntiAir only. So funny some of Amane's best normals can go into Kamoihito's combo.

Now I wonder if you can change the last j.6D[3] into a j.236C instead and still get knockdown. 6844 damage, from CH 5C(2) starter, with knockdown sounds much better for matches. The final j.6D[3] was only 701 damage increase and left the opponent air teching. /sleep

CH 5C(2) > cOD (~25%) > 66 > CT > j.2B > 66 > 2D[2] > j.6C(2) > j.6D[3] > j.6C(1) > j.6D[3] (7545/24%)

Little important detail, you need zettou/fabhop cancels after 2D and after j.6D to make this work. Not sure whether or not it's A or B version, ground one is usually A mid combo since there's less of a delay before you can press a button compared to B version. Both drill attacks are not jump cancel-able.

So if you don't have the meter (match start for example) you should still be able go into a very similar damaging combo. Maybe 1500-2500 less at worst and still be meterless. I found out from Kamoihito that 2D always floats, so even a ground string into 2D would still go into the route of 2D[2-3] > j.6C(2) > j.6D[3] > j.6C(1) > j.6D[3]. From looking at the gatling table we know every ground normal (except for drive normals) gatling into 2D. 2D has a startup of 17f so what has enough hitstun to cancel into it?

5B, 5C(2), CH 2B, 6A, 6B (might be corner only), and 3C

These moves can according to the data cancel into 2D, but you have to take in consideration that a lot of them will either create pushback or put the opponent in a state that doesn't guarantee a 2D followup. 5B has a lot of pushback, 5C(2) requires the opponent to be super far away, 6B is either slide or wallbounce and leaves you mid-air afterwards making it very hard to imagine it can link straight into it, 3C can trigger a emergency tech on regular hit so the question is whether or not you can do 3C > some form of cancel (OD, Empty hariken, RC) and if the opponent is left airborne for that cancel's time plus 2D (17 frames)

With the majority of his bnb's going into 5B or 5C half way into the combo before an aerial, special, or oki route ender it should work going straight into that new 2D route ender. In the video the moves before 2D created enough time so that the starting active frames of 2D reaches level 3 from the result of the OD use very early in the combo. From counting frames it takes ~160f to go from level 1 to level 3 with just OD and no drive/special use. With Amane having 180f of OD duration at 100% health you can easily do this without any specific health requirement. Trying to find a meterless combo would require something long enough like..

6A > cOD > 5B > 5C(1) > 6C(2) > 3C > 5B > 5C(2) > [2D ender route]

6C > 3C > 5B would not connect to 5B I believe, at least I've never seen it because 3C can't gatling into anything. 6C > 2B > 5B would connect and is usually what is seen when you want to continue juggling the opponent. Actually, I used to think his overdrive design was how you describe it, but you are not really forced to do it that way. Any drive normal adds 5 times the regular amount outside of OD of drill gauge and any regular drive held until the end gives the properties of that drill as well. If you were to do 2D during OD on the first possible frame, you could still do 2D [1] > air followup. It would just increase that fast. Even if it doesn't, you don't use a drive on first possible frame of OD for sure which builds your drill meter even before that happens.

You should be about 3/4 into level 2 when 2D connects on this example. 6A > cOD > 5B is frame perfect according to the frame data. This is just one of many possible routes. Course the longer the combo the more the proration starts setting in, which would make the 25% meter use of the CT the best optimal option to take away the time needed to build the spiral gauge and it has great damage output with a base of 1000 damage. Being CT's are considered as a special, anything that's special cancelable with a minimum of 30f hitstun can cancel into it, but we need to add 6f for the OD frames, bringing the total required for the starter before OD to be 36f of hitstun minimum. The following meet that:

CH 5C(2), CH 6A, CH 6B (might be corner only), 6C(2), and 3C

Any move that lifts the opponent airborne and will not allow the exact same route. CH 6A, CH 6B, 6C(2) and 3C would all make his CT launch airborne for something like Starter > OD > CT > 5B > 5C > 6C > 2D > etc. On another note, 3C > OD > CT on non counter-hit would require opponent to be left airborne for 30+ frames. If this was the case, you could do 3C > Empty hariken (7 frames) > another normal. So this one is impossible unless CH.

EDIT : Actually, I was trying to find out how long 3C float time was before it would be possible to emergency tech. If you can't do 3C > 236D~D > 5B/2B which is something I've never seen any player do, then 236D~D takes 7 frames and 5B/2B takes 11. We know 3C > 236C is possible and that's a 14F startup. This would mean 3C floats at least for 14F for attacks to connect afterwards. Though I wonder how valid all of this floating time idea is. I mean, 3C > OD > 2B works. During juggle, it's not written in the frame data it has float property and 3C > OD > 3C is possible. I guess it'll be a good thing to check before/at release since it's fairly ambiguous.

So taking everything into account those starters should allow you to preform the same combo as the video, replacing the starter Kamoihito used. 6A, 6B, and 3C sitting at 90 P1 than 5C and 6C's 100 would mean they wouldn't be as high in damage. 6C(2) would actually pass 5C(2) in damage for starters, but it's limited to AntiAir only. So funny some of Amane's best normals can go into Kamoihito's combo.

Now I wonder if you can change the last j.6D[3] into a j.236C instead and still get knockdown. 6844 damage, from CH 5C(2) starter, with knockdown sounds much better for matches. The final j.6D[3] was only 701 damage increase and left the opponent air teching. /sleep

Yes you can actually do j.6C > Zettou > j.6C > j.236C to get a knockdown.

Just saw the Tomi matches, I'm not sure whether or not this player understands the risk/reward game. Some of the things he do are super risky, but have decent rewards and he rarely stops going for these BALLS DEEP decisions. Throwing out Gosei, Gekiren and Hariken at neutral or gatling into 6D that often is gonna work wonders in a best-of-one match, but it is so unstable against someone patient. He looks so flashy because of that though, I do like him with some momentum though. Every time he got some, he hardly lost it. He also did a lot of clean conversions that did more damage than just settle for a knockdown. I would have loved for him to try more extended pressure over trying to open up his opponents all the time. If you have momentum, not only is extending pressure really tied to striving off momentum, but it's one of the best things on this character rather than going back to neutral after a missed grab or failed 6D attempt.

TL:DR; He's reckless and it's equally a good and a bad thing.

Little important detail, you need zettou/fabhop cancels after 2D and after j.6D to make this work. Not sure whether or not it's A or B version, ground one is usually A mid combo since there's less of a delay before you can press a button compared to B version. Both drill attacks are not jump cancel-able.

Yea I totally forgot about that. It slipped my mind and it's very hard to see the hops after j.6D. All aerial hops have the same input delay but the angle looks more like j.236A after the first j.6D. Ground hops the B versions are only 2f slower on input delay so I wouldn't count them out for combo use. Looking at the combo section of the jp wiki I see a ground combo that uses a B version. My eye isn't trained to tell the different mid combo on the hops but i'll take the guess it's 214A after the 2D.

These moves can according to the data cancel into 2D, but you have to take in consideration that a lot of them will either create pushback or put the opponent in a state that doesn't guarantee a 2D followup. 5B has a lot of pushback, 5C(2) requires the opponent to be super far away, 6B is either slide or wallbounce and leaves you mid-air afterwards making it very hard to imagine it can link straight into it, 3C can trigger a emergency tech on regular hit so the question is whether or not you can do 3C > some form of cancel (OD, Empty hariken, RC) and if the opponent is left airborne for that cancel's time plus 2D (17 frames)

Yea I know some have weird positional factors, I forgot to think about pushbacks when I was brainstorming.

6C > 3C > 5B would not connect to 5B I believe, at least I've never seen it because 3C can't gatling into anything. 6C > 2B > 5B would connect and is usually what is seen when you want to continue juggling the opponent. Actually, I used to think his overdrive design was how you describe it, but you are not really forced to do it that way. Any drive normal adds 5 times the regular amount outside of OD of drill gauge and any regular drive held until the end gives the properties of that drill as well. If you were to do 2D during OD on the first possible frame, you could still do 2D [1] > air followup. It would just increase that fast. Even if it doesn't, you don't use a drive on first possible frame of OD for sure which builds your drill meter even before that happens.

Looking back at videos and checking the jp wiki I got 3C confused with 2B in the combos. It's so quick it's hard to make out. Looking at the jp wiki all I see for routes after 3C are 236C and TK j.236C (corner only).

All aerial hops have the same input delay but the angle looks more like j.236A after the first j.6D. Ground hops the B versions are only 2f slower on input delay so I wouldn't count them out for combo use. Looking at the combo section of the jp wiki I see a ground combo that uses a B version. My eye isn't trained to tell the different mid combo on the hops but i'll take the guess it's 214A after the 2D.

Until we have the game, I'll assume 236A/214A is the version to use on every ground combo and maybe even air versions. At first I thought corner carry loops/route (5B(1) > 5C(1) > 236A > j.B) used the B version as the dash was quite a leap. Then after asking Kamoihito stuff, he replied with a notation precising 236A. Less input delay also suggests using this one over the other one. I'm not saying 236B/214B combos don't exist, but that most of them are probably A until proven otherwise. Especially since it goes as further than I originally assumed.

And for reference, it's this combo I'm talking about. You can find the notation in our twitter conversation

236Cからの6D by Kamoihito

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ujfT2ae38