Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CP1.1] Makoto Nanaya's Gameplay Discussion - When's 2.0?

Considering that's the angle you're going to see the most underboob from, the art looks normal to me. Could they have chosen a better angle for that arcade ending? Oh, no doubt. This is just fanservice but it's nothing to complain about (for me anyway).

The new portrait art looks ridiculous. This art is just the same underboob at a different angle.

Is watching Makoto smack Bullet around for 40 minutes supposed to feel this good? It's like there's some vindication behind it or something.

Keep posting those videos guys. The hype train needs to keep rolling. Is that 2 hour-long Makoto win-streak recorded or is it all but lost?

214B > j.A/B/C whatever > Jump cancel is not possible :( confirmed that by the Makoto vs Hakumen video

Is watching Makoto smack Bullet around for 40 minutes supposed to feel this good? It's like there's some vindication behind it or something.

More like Bullet spaming back throw xD, I noticed Bullet's Overhead low profiling Corona Upper, this is really bad :vbang: Thanks to her creepy looking stance

Thanks for the video uploads <3

It's meh. I definitely noticed that the Bullet was mashing throw on wakeup. I'll pay attention to matchup details later. Right now I'm too hype. It's the complete opposite from last year so bear with me. :o

Is it just me, or do her combos seem easier in general from watching? As in no more ridiculously ambiguous timings in them?

Feeling shared, they do look more Stable. Makoto combos are somewhat easy but they have been always unstable ever since CS1 maybe.

For now yeah, but more complexe optimal combos will show up with time

^this

i dont like how braindead the OD combos seem to be. Not really a problem tbh. But making everything lv3 doesn't really mean much

I looked at cosmic ray frame by frame at the end, it definitely seems no worse than like -1 on block. might be even or +1, it is extremely hard to tell with 30fps footage

i dont like how braindead the OD combos seem to be. Not really a problem tbh. But making everything lv3 doesn't really mean much

I disagree about that last part. A lot of her moves are straight up faster in OD because it requires no charge. Granted it does kind of make her "easier" to use in OD but that extra speed does make a difference IMO.

On new moves topic.

Cosmic Ray causes a wallstick in OD, but does it do that normally? Plus what's its effect on a normal standing opponent? does it launch them?

As for Lander Blow i haven't seen it hit except after 6C in a combo which was pretty bad as the untechable time of it ends by your recovery + it doesn't wallstick however this might change with G level

No floating? what about an airborne hit? does it wallstick?

what exactly does her OD allow her to do?

Your drives becomes G level. G level makes your drive faster and give it additional properties. Like how 623CD groundbounces on G level and so does 214BD.

Is it only me or G level 2D launches a bit higher?

OK cool. G level is pretty much lv4 lol. thanks

So to summarise it. You dont need to charge, allows extra comboability and more damage on drives hits(?)

Still awaiting CH>OD combos lol

OK cool. G level is pretty much lv4 lol. thanks

So to summarise it. You dont need to charge, allows extra comboability and more damage on drives hits(?)

Still awaiting CH>OD combos lol

You saw this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ou5JlWGURo

Its comboability is incredibly wide, Basically anyhit can go into OD combo. its achievable in air (based on Bullet combos) and since we have the Makoto broken j.B we can easily confirm any air hit into j.B > OD > DP > roll onnnnnn

Hey there! It seems like her OD won't be crappy as I thought, actually it looks pretty good (for everyone). I have been watching some videos and I saw that now you can start some corner combos from farther away (outside OD), is it just me or the untechable time of 5D(Lv3) increased?

Btw an OD combo in a real match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULZWgVHU9fE#t=3m31s