Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Gamepyarel Discussion v:3 - Encore Edition

Hope this is all right, didn't wanna post on the combo thread too soon

2C > 5[C] > 6C > 214D > 2D~B > 2C > 5C > j.B(2) > j.D~A > 6C > CT > 6C > 236C~B DM: 4210

http://youtu.be/YB3l0-ElIoA?t=8m54s

Yeah, that's fine. You should definitely post any of these that you find in the combo thread. If you keep the format the same, that's even better.

I'll put almost any combo in right now, since we don't know (and probably the Japanese players don't either) what's optimal.

I'll put almost any combo in right now, since we don't know (and probably the Japanese players don't either) what's optimal.

And that's why I say that we should wait before organizing a combo thread. There's no point doing a combo thread now if we still don't know what combos we should be using and we don't know how much her combos will change, the game was released only a few days ago...it'll take more work in end doing like this, besides it's not like any of us can play it right now.

Yup. That's why right now I'm just basing it on any completed combos we see in videos. Then when the optimal stuff comes around we'll remove anything that doesn't make sense (or archive it and start fresh).

The combo thread is fine, If you look at other character forums they have already began to discuss combos and combo theory in their respective threads. I feel this adds to the general hype of the game and once they optimal stuff comes out we can just make a new combo thread and archive the old one.

We should use the combo thread as more of a discussion thread about what we think would work based on the changes we confirm. By learning from each others ideas we can begin to understand the direction in which her combos are going and aim to further optimize our meter gain and damage. Most Japanese players don't go for optimal damage, a perfect example is Matoi and kinji who notoriously did less damage than tetsu and tsujikawa in extend.

Couldn't you still use the thread now for more insight of Tao? Combos listed now until we get the game ourselves may still be used and cut the time of having to start 'everything' from scratch

Agreed, however it's important to maintain threads fresh, organized, and optimal. Rather than have the 20 combos you can do off a 2A; keep the ones that give the most damage, meter and options for oki.

Agreed, however it's important to maintain threads fresh, organized, and optimal. Rather than have the 20 combos you can do off a 2A; keep the ones that give the most damage, meter and options for oki.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

That's why archiving the old combo thread and having a fresh one a bit after the game comes out on console is a pretty good idea. We can take away any redundant and meaningless combos from the thread, and prevent any confusion. As NeoGio said, nobody wants to read through 20 2A combos that are almost the same thing. Somebody reading that thread wants to get to the point and practice what matters. The combo thread should also be a discussion thread (if it wasn't, it would be a locked thread). If you want to discuss combo routes, efficiency of certain combos, or if you've found a better combo for a certain situation, it's better to post it there rather than here.

Mopre item drops from Cat Spirit Encore, which are jalapeno with Bullet, a photo of Jin (?) with Tsubaki and a chestnut with Makoto.

Holy crap, looks like we finally got some sort of knockdown/oki back! Atleast at the corner. Tao looks bloody awesome in CP.

[edit] forgot to mention that I really like that she can also use her CT in combos to keep the opponent pinned down on the ground at the corner, she almost plays like a GG character now.

If Tao CT and Tao CSEX had a baby, it would be Tao CP lol. I like what I see so far, I think this might be the best version of Tao since CS1...it's like we have CT oki + CS drive.

After watching Tao combos, I believe that her drive moves had a P2 nerf...or at least it's what it seems. Some combos have lots and lots of drive moves, yet they don't do so much damage, while some of her short combos that almost doesn't use her drive do great damage.

Fine by me, her damage still remains high and finally we've got our knockdown back (though not in every combo). Her combos still have some really sweet corner carry as well. It's also worth noting that her RC combos seem to deal more damage than in the previous iterations. Tao really seem to have more options than ever in using meter.

Sweet. I was on the verge of choosing another character for CP but seeing how she looks so fun and amazing I'll stick with her. :3

Tao gets oki off every combo now. Anything that ends/has in it 6C/cat encore/236-A/5D-A wall slide, can be converted to an oki opportunity that won't lose to mash. Cat encore forcing people to neutral check is hands down the second best buff she received (colors come first).

Yeah, that new followup move is so good.

And color 16 (white tao + black hair) is mine. MINE.

Gosh, I have to say I'm thrilled to play Tao again. Been a long time since I've felt like this.

Yeah, that new followup move is so good.

And color 16 (white tao + black hair) is mine. MINE.

Gosh, I have to say I'm thrilled to play Tao again. Been a long time since I've felt like this.

International, shitty 0 bar netplay, pay pal mother fucking money match for colors rights.

Moar Cat Spirit Encore drop goodness, with Tager dropping a remote controller and Noel dropping some sort of dish (Kagutsuchi puffer fish, maybe?).

UPDATE: Raga drops a bowl of something, Bang drops a riceball. I originally though that Amane dropped a riceball, but I doubt it now.

CS2 Tao made everyone look the same IMO and the simplicity of her combos made a lot of players feel they knew how to use her just because her combos were so free (spawned MORE ass). Extend Tao separated the shit like ESP from the bro/half god that is Kinji, also this was the version Whistler returned to being a God because before he was fucking up with CS2 Tao.

Just realized how ass AB2 damage is and I don't see myself doing it unless I have 100 heat for air super and it's going to kill. Now that opponents cannot burst AB2 combos using it as a way to force opponents to give up an early burst is gone. On the contrary gaining meter during AB2 combos is great, but having to lose a burst to AB2 is a punch in the nuttz. Hopefully later on JP Tao players put more J.4D in combos and stop mashing on cat encore and losing out on good damage from manly starters like 5B. The lack of 6B is interesting and it makes me think the shit is either not +2 now or got a P1 nerf (or both).

Kinji sort of began playing around CS2, I recall the first vids of him at a-cho where the commentator and the crowd were encouraging him and complimenting on him for gradually learning and adapting to high-level matches, trying to cheer him up when he'd screw up something. In Extend he leveled-up to the point where Galileo always gets nervous when playing against him. IMHO he's probably the second best Tao after Tsujikawa (I rate him higher than Izayoi Matoi).

As for AB2, I don't mind it not getting a lot of damage given that Tao seems to be able to deal plenty without it anyway, so far it seems to be used mostly when going for the finishing blow.

As mentioned above, CS2 made Tao feel really easy to use especially when the last rep only added 100 more damage (if I'm not mistaken). The reps preceding were almost bread and butter level, personally, compared to the taunt loop, and other more complicated combos at which Tao players had to learn before. Extend on the other hand really strengthened not only Tao game wise, but it also developed her character as well.

I don't see AB2 being really practical at all now although I could just be noob, lol. With that much meter, there are so many other things that can be done with less risk- unless as Ronove mentioned above, it does indeed take the round/match. I wonder how she'll fare online though... Tao has never been a fan for that shit.

While I agree that Tao CS2 was too easy , her CSEX version is still the version that I like less. Her coner combos felt like they were not supposed to work...I lost the count of how many times my combos dropped because 4D~A, 236C or 6C send them flying to the oposite side of the screen. AB2 was way too good and Tao had lots of midscreen AB2 setups...also her CA was so damn horrible that I still have nightmares with it.

About her AB2 combos in CP...consider that we don't need 100 meter to finish it with Unison since AB2 is OD and don't spend meter to activate. By damage/meter spent, her AB2 combos now do the same or more damage than the CSEX AB2 combos for the same ammont of meter (or ~4 meterless with only the OD). Since it's unburstable, it's a good way to finish the opponent off and OD Unison does a lot of damage. However, it's not every matchup that Tao should risk a burst...specially against Haku and Carl.

About her encore enders instead of doing max damage...I guess her encore ender is worth the damage sacrificed. It's not like CS/2/EX where we sacrificed damage for a mediocre oki that had a high change of not even working, encore oki is VERY good...maybe too good for a character like Tao.

For last...honestly CP Tao doesn't look harder than CS2 Tao, but that is not problem in my opnion.

Riku, encore oki is exactly what Tao needed, imho. I'm fine sacrificing a chunk of damage if I can keep the momentum and press the opponent right away.