Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Gamepyarel Discussion v:3 - Encore Edition

P.S. Matoi sucks at Tao dittos.
oh dear what happened, for you to post this?

oh dear what happened, for you to post this?

He has always been bad at dittos specifically. Look at any footage you want he wins by the skin on his teeth.

Zoular ready the Submarines!

*Sigh* Troops prepare yourselves for the incoming artillery of ass that will be coming our way once CP releases. As your commanding officer I must say it was an honor learning from you all and I hope to see you on the flight home. For those of you that don't make it back may you forever be remembered as the breeds of shit that were Sacrificed for the greater good.

You talk like we didn't received any just for playing Tao :3 No matter what version of BB we play, we will always suffer trash talk just for playing her :kitty:

P.S. Currently, Tao is the character that have most representants in Arc Revolution: Tsujikawa, Matoi and Mame.

I need help against Tager. Everytime i try to avoid everything and crawl all he does it grab me, what do i do?

You shouldn't be trying to crawl under Tager's attacks unless you know for sure he'll be going for 5C/D, then you can immediately counter attack him. His 360s will get you, so time your crawls 'during' these normals.

You should generally be playing keep away against him, counter poke and interrupting his long range pokes and approaches.

So I figure I drop by once again to tell what items Cat Spirit Encore drops (be free to correct me)(good/bad comment is how Taokaka will react after eating it):

Ragna=Udon (good)

Jin=Shaved Ice (good)(Planned to be a wiener)

Noel, Nu, Mu= Noel's Kagutsuchi Pufferfish dish (bad)

Rachel=Piece of Cake (good)

Taokaka=Fish (good)

Tager=Oil canister (bad)

Litchi=Meat bun (good)

Arakune=Rotten octopus (bad)(planned to be a caterpillar)

Bang=Riceball (good)

Carl, Relius=Screw (cross-shaped and I-shaped holes)(bad)

Hakumen=Pakumen Doll(bad)

Hazama=Egg(good)

Tsubaki, Izayoi=Book ( Cover 1 Cover 2, only Jin )(bad)

Makoto=Acorn(good)

Valkenhayn=Pocket watch(bad)

Platinum=Cookie shaped like Jubei's head(good)

Amane=Mochi covered with a leaf(good)

Azrael=Large chunk of meat (good)

Bullet=Chili pepper (bad)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how Tao's taunt combos were first discovered in CT? In my mind, it's something hilarious like someone deciding to taunt mid match and discovering that it could be special canceled, but does anyone know the specifics?

Ragna's is probably udon instead of ramen since his favorite dish is tentama (tempura and egg) udon. I also think Jin's encore drop is shaved ice instead of ice cream too.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how Tao's taunt combos were first discovered in CT? In my mind, it's something hilarious like someone deciding to taunt mid match and discovering that it could be special canceled, but does anyone know the specifics?

In CT the game came with a DVD that teached Arakune players the miracles of spit and dive along with other basic character strategies. One of them being that Tao's taunt was a hit and from there it was all pretty much combo theory and asking the question

"What is the P1 and P2 of taunt?"

@Guy with Tager problems: That match up is tricky because if you run away and get negative warning, it is possible to lose in the last couple of seconds because you get random out by some dumb hit box. If you try to rush down and the Tager player yomi mashes hella hard you can get into a lot of sticky situations. There is no best way to play that match up given the two possible negative outcomes, but the way I do it is that I use the first round to get a feel for how they want to play and take mental notes on tendencies they may have. Then I make adjustments from the second round onward.

When you get really good you can tell by the first few buttons press and you don't have to "throw away" the first round so to say.

6C keeps a lot of Tagers honest, though of course it has its risks it's still a good tool to use. Imho vs Tager it's all about patiently running around and abusing 6C and j.D at the right moment. Atleast in CSEX. In CP things are like they used to be back in CT, which is play safe>knockdown>RTSD :3

[2]~9D > j.2D~B > 2B #ThankYouBasedGodIzayoiMatoi (`・ω・´)7

He has been doing for awhile now, but from what I saw j.2D-B combos into 5B on non-CH so it looks pretty neat and you can choose to not cross up if you are good with calculating the distance from where you are to the corner.

He has been doing for awhile now, but from what I saw j.2D-B combos into 5B on non-CH so it looks pretty neat and you can choose to not cross up if you are good with calculating the distance from where you are to the corner.

Oh nice, yea when I first saw it I thought he was doing 2D > Sticky Kitty > j.2D~B. Which is possible but not as consistent and is slower. I'm still new to Tao so I didn't know you could change the flight direction of Trick Edge, and I don't think it's mentioned in the wiki. :3

Welcome! Yea I actually have never done the trick edge cross-up until you posted the inputs because every time I say I'm going to do it I just forget. As of right now I'm stuck on whether to make a video showing some of the more technical Tao stuff or if I should wait for CP because lol dead game.

So apparently 6B now is -2, still somewhat safe on block though not a viable frametrap tool anymore. Of course 6C>RC>hi/lows is still good.

2B is also -10, no more 2B>throw setups :[

236C is confirmed to be around 20ish frames activation however it's not a overhead anymore (unless charged), and it's 0 frames disadvantage on block.

No wonder japanese Taos rely mostly on j.2B or or 214D>j.B as part of the high-low mixup tools. 6B never used to be that good but now it's practically useless unless RC'd, which is something I'd honestly picture doing only if going for the killing blow.

6b being -2 makes me a little sad because now Tao's normals are negative across the board.

2B being -10 can be good because If you gattling into 5B or 5C it should be a legit frame trap rather than you having to put an awkward delay. 2B is -4 in EX so throwing afterwards has always been ass against good/attentive players. So long as 2B never comboes into throw like 2A I'm happy (Gio Oki OS FTW).

236C is going to take some time getting use to, but being neutral makes it meh

Tao high-low options in pressure strings is ass/risky, but the buffs to 5D and cat encore makes her high-low off oki worth playing her.

2b being -10 isn't good in a way, you just have a lot more recovery. if you want to frame trap you'll have to do the same as always.

charged 2c is + on block and so is crush trigger.

Wouldn't recovery frames only apply on whiff/if you choose to not gattling? The way I'm thinking is if it applies on block then there will be a slightly bigger gap in between 2B, 5B/5C which would not require IB to frame trap properly. Worst case scenario we piano 2B, 5B and just never do 2B pause into anything, again.

Charge moves are terrible plus frame normals and I honestly don't even mention those breeds of shit. Crush trigger is 50/50 because Tao needs meter for other things like being a scrubby ass Valk and mashing CA and mid-screen confirms.

Wouldn't recovery frames only apply on whiff/if you choose to not gattling? The way I'm thinking is if it applies on block then there will be a slightly bigger gap in between 2B, 5B/5C which would not require IB to frame trap properly. Worst case scenario we piano 2B, 5B and just never do 2B pause into anything, again.

Charge moves are terrible plus frame normals and I honestly don't even mention those breeds of shit. Crush trigger is 50/50 because Tao needs meter for other things like being a scrubby ass Valk and mashing CA and mid-screen confirms.

It really looks like Japanese players are defaulting to 2B -> 5B instead of mixing up after 2B. Where as in previous versions they did.

Well I only mentioned it because max charge on 2c is 29f startup now which looks on paper to be somewhat reasonable considering you can release it any time for what should be a fat CH combo. Not that I play taokaka.

Recovery only comes into play if you whiff or choose not to gatling as you say.

I'm just saying that the only thing that has changed is that the recovery got a lot worse. If you gatling from 2b to 5b the gap will be exactly the same as it is now, which is just because the attack level didn't change. WOuld only be a bigger gap if the attack level of 2b went down, the startup of 5b slowed down, or if you got more active frames on 2b so you could delay the gatling more. But I think it's just a nerf to make you not want to whiff and/or not reset right there.

@XDest Japanese players have never really done mix up after 2B that has always been a more Western thing. They have almost always went for a frame trap with 5C and when the new gattling into 5B was given in EX they went into that in order to do a more autopilot hit-confirm. 5C only goes into 2C, 6C, AB2 and 236 and 214 series special moves in which you don't really get any good mix up options; however 5B can go into all of the above, as well as 6B and 6A and has an easier time resetting into 2A than 5C does (looks smoother IMO).

@Errol I figured as much, but I wasn't sure whether it was attack level or recovery frames. Thanks for clearing that up and I guess if it does have additional recovery then we may have to stop using 2B to cross under poorly timed air normals =/