Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Combo Thread - Now with 33% less loops!

Not even going to lie, I haven't played a single Tager yet and I forgot he was a character.

EDIT: Against Tager you can do the regular route if you do a delayed super jump.

For people that didn't know this already:

j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 6C can become

j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 66 -> 6C for slightly longer corner carry at the expense of a bit of time.

Can Tao link into 236C now did the speed up animations had no effect to it?

It sucked that you had to use that move really smart or in combos in CSE.

Hey are there any absolute max damage combos yet? Off of 2c fatal? I just need one more combo to finish this video. My creativity can't really pass 8008 damage. I dont want to go the boring normal route :/

why you not do 4D~B>OD at 100 health ;-;

I personally just haven't played around with that yet at all. I know since it's not actually an OD cancel you get a lot more OD time to do whatever you want.

If somebody posts 4D~B versions for each health level I'll put them in the OP.

Will all the OD finishers always work regardless of how long they are if the combo would otherwise allow just [..] 236CC 2D j.236BBBBB outside OD?

No, badly prorated combos will drop. Some drop at the initial OD. There are some creative midscreen OD combos I've seen on videos but Xdest or someone would have to transcribe them because they're really hard to make out with the AB2 madness.

Some Tao combos- http://youtu.be/P3rVMrnTHos

No, badly prorated combos will drop.

That's actually not true in BBCP I'm pretty sure. It depends on a the timer and your starter. That's why adding extra hits to combos sometimes allows them to drop because there's stronger hitstun decay at that point of the timer.

See: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Damage_%28BBCP%29#Hitstun_Decay

So, is 4D6~B -> OD -> 5B -> 5B -> 5D~A -> 6C -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> j.236236D the best you can get with 100% health? If I add anything else the super doesn't land while in OD.

From what I've seen, at lower health you just add onto that, but at the expense of having less moves used before the OD. If you do a mostly full combo before OD, 4D6~B -> OD -> 5B -> 5B -> 5D~A -> 6C or 6C -> OD -> 6C -> 6C seem to be your best choices.

If you have a lot of timer and did the 4D6~B early, you can do something like OD -> 5B -> 5B -> 5D~A -> 6C -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> 236C~B -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> j.23236D or 5B -> 5B -> 236CCCCC -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 6C -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> JC ->j.236Bx5 -> JC -> j.236Bx5 -> j.236236D. I'm sure you can get really creative in that situation, although I'm sure it would be pretty rare.

Yea pretty much, if you want to go for double hexaegde and have less life than 100% just swap 5D~A for 236CB, ect. I haven't really messed with OD that much since I find myself using my burst and just completely killing my opponent with my oki (lag spikes be damned).

air-to-ground CH j.D~B I use the same combos as a j.C or j.B air-to-ground starter.

What kind of ideas do you guys have to link a near-corner 5B+C?

The 2 combos on first post work great everywhere but a certain distance from the corner, where the initial j.5D misses due to wallbounce off the grab.

What kind of ideas do you guys have to link a near-corner 5B+C?

The 2 combos on first post work great everywhere but a certain distance from the corner, where the initial j.5D misses due to wallbounce off the grab.

Add a j.236B before the j.D~B. Works on everyone except Hazama, Hakumen, Tager, Terumi, Azrael, Valkenhayn, or Bang.

Add a j.236B before the j.D~B. Works on everyone except Hazama, Hakumen, Tager, Terumi, Azrael, Valkenhayn, or Bang.

Thanks, I'll add this to near-corner.

Wouldn't this be better near-corner for throws?

5B+C -> 66 -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A

I think this can be better but that's what I use for near-corner throws.

What about

5B+C -> j.236B -> j.2D~B -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A [3400]

Hi, i'm new to Tao in CP and have few questions, hope someone will help:

- B > 2C > C > 6C > 4D.. - i always missing with 4D on some chars like Jin or Bullet, but i can clearly see it's possible to confirm that ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LusLXu3a0g ). Is there anything i'm missing?

- B > 2C > C > 6C > 214D, j2D ~ B > C > jD ~ B > JB > JD~A > JD ~ A, 6C, 236C, B - always missing with second JD after jB on Jin, i've noticed some players use j236B(1) > JD~A > JD~A. So is it possible to confirm that combo on Jin and what's the difference between jB and j236B, what are the situations when i can use them. Maybe it depends on height.

- http://youtu.be/gjOwauPu178?t=26m35s - so jB(2) > B > C > hj236B > jD ~ A and in that moment did he land and do jD or manage to confirm that while he was falling?

For the first one, the notation is incorrect, you need to do 4D6 (try it in neutral you'll see what the difference between sole 4D and 4D6 is, it'll become clear what your problem was)

Hmm, I'm trying to do this easy combo in the corner:

5B > 2C > 5[C] > 6C > 236CC > 2D~9 > j.236Bx5

But the j.236Bx5 only ever gets 2-3 hits. Is there some sort of trick to it?

You need to do it as soon as possible, but it actually doesn't work at all vs some characters.

236CC -> 2D~C -> 6D~6 -> j.236Bx5 will probably work in its place for those characters. Although I'm unsure about short starters with that since it takes more time.

Remember that you should probably only be using j.236Bx5 if you're finishing out rounds with it.

Hello, I'm too stupid to know how to do j.D~A > j.4D~etc. Whenever I hit with j.D~A, Tao just drops to the floor regardless of height; and I do see in match videos that players immediately go from j.D to j.4D in combos. I just have no clue how to time this or if there is a trick to it. Could someone please help me? I very much appreciate it and thank you for your patience.