Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Combo Thread - Now with 33% less loops!

Hi, I'm interested in Tao in 1.1 and came to ask something:

Which are ther bnbs that end in good knockdowns? I like having advantage after finishing the combos for pressure and mixups, unless I know I'm gonna finish the round with that combo.

on standing midscreen 2A>2B>5B>2C>5[C]>6C>214D>Airdash

^This safe jumps stuff and is our go to meterless. if you reach the corner you can 214D>j.B for knockdown or 5D~A>236C~B after 6C for restand.

On crouch midscreen: 2A>2B>5B>6A(1)>236CC>jump>j.2D~B>5D~B>6C>214D>airdash

^also safejumps, you can get restand off this midscreen if 5D~B>2366C~B but it's kinda difficult, again iif you reach the corner use j.B after 214D to knock them down.

from midscreen airhit you can do 5B>j.C>dj.B(2)>dj.2D~A>Taunt>236C~B for easy restand

or if you want to go man mode on this you can do 5B>j.C>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~6>j.D~A>5D~B>2366C~B (or just 5D~B>6C>236C if you reach the corner which you probably will)

Those are the routes for her S starters (5A 5B 2A and 2B)

In the corner you basically just do 2A>5B>2C>5[C]>6C>4D6~B>6C>236AAA>5D~A>6C>236C~B for restand and

2A>5B>2C>5[C]>6C>4D6~B>6C>236CC>5D~A for knockdown

off of her N starters (j.B/j.C/CH6C pokes, j.2B cross-ups, and 2C frame traps and punishes mostly.) you can do a couple fun things

I'll give a few examples.

j.C/j.2B/j.B on crouch: j.C/j.2B/j.B>66A(1)>236CC>j.C>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~6>j.D~A>5D~B>66C>4D6~B>236C~B

j.C/2C/j.B/j.2B on stand: j.C/2C/j.B/j.2B>5C>236A~B>Rapid>236CC>j.C>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~6>j.D~A>5D~B>66C>4D6~B>236C~B

CH2C>6[C] or CH6C>214B>j.2D~B>2C>5[C]>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~6>j.D~A>5D~B>66C>236C~B

The bolded parts are there because at ether of those points if you are in range of the corner you can A cancel the drive hit, land and 6C>4D6~B>6C>236AAA>5D~A>6C>236C~B for additional damage. The first two combos listed here will not 100% screen carry, so if you want that restand you'll have to 5D~B>2366C~B for it

on air hits you can confirm into j.C>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D>6>etc or 2D~6>j.D~6>236B(1)>j.4D~B>5C>j.236BB>j.4D~6>etc, or even j.C>dj.B(2)>dj.2D~A>5C>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~6>etc

Now for corner N starters. Basically these all get confirmed into 6C

on on stand you just land and gatling into 2C>5[C]>6C

on crouch you can just go into 5C>6C to get things started.

on air hit you just go into rising j.B(2)>j.D~A>6C to start up, you can also do

dj.B>dj.2D~A>5C>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~A>6C>4D6~B>6C>236CC>5D~A>236C~B as a combo from double jump

Well anyway, from the 6C in all the aforementioned corner situations you do this: ~>6C>236CC>j.2D~B>5[C]>6C>4D6~B>6C>236AA>5D~A>236C~B or 6C>214D>j.B or 6C>Distortion

I hope this was informative!

One last thing, off of 6C in the corner (or 6C with one N starter hit before it, you can do ~>6C>5A+B>236CC>j.2D~B>5[C]>etc for a lot of damage.

They can't roll and you force them into RPS

Think of it like Gadget finger, only all of your moves are faster than theirs.

Your 2A/5B/Grab beats their blocking and their mash, their DP beats your 2A/5B/grab, your block beats their DP, and their mash beats your block.

Basically if they don' have a DP or are too afraid to use it, it's free pressure or even combos. Tao loves Pressure. Also Encore (The move that restands) draws them toward you allowing for corner cross-ups and throws.

It's very much in your favor I might add. The only way you take damage is from DPs, the other loss condition has you blocking their wake-up pressure and that's very little for most characters, if they guess wrong they get pressured, or comboed into more oki with damage vaying from "Another 2A combo", to a 2C DP punish for 5K.

I also might add that you can rapid the restand move for some borderline insane wake-up mix-up that can be blazing fast, frame tight, and a cross-up so as to make it next to impossible to DP or react to. (We're talking a 1 frame gap with their input's stides switched at the last second)

whats that marvellous punish from 2C for 5k?

cause i only know about 6C -236CC- j.D~C- j.2D~A- 5[C]- j.236B- j.D- j.4D~A- 6C- 4D6~B- 6C -236AAA- 5D~A   and thats 4618

Well really I only know stuff with meter that reaches 5K. Crush trigger does good things to Tao's Damage when done early in a combo, so CH2C>5A+B is never a bad idea, especially as you can get a lot of meter back and 5A+B>236CC works anywhere. 

CH2C>5A+B>236CC>j.2D~B>5[C]>6C>4D6~B>6C>236AAA>5D~A>236C~B works for 5K when you're around 30% of the screen away from the corner or closer.

CH2C>6[C]>214D>j.2D~B>2C>5[C]>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~A>6C>4D6~B>6C>236AA>5D~A>6C>236C~B does like 4.2K midscreen too

ch2C>6[C]>214D>j.2D~B>2C>5[C]>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~A>6C>4D6~A>6C>236CC>5D~A>6C>236236D will get you 5K though

for fullscreen carry you can do CH2C>6[C]>214D>j.2D~B>2C>5[C]>j.236BB>j.D~A>j.4D~6>j.D>5D~B>6C>214D>j.B for 3.8K or end it with 5D~B>6C>OD>236236D for 5K

I'm sure there's better stuff out there, including OD combos, but Iunno. much

why would you safejump when you have restands?

Also in corner:

2CCH>6[C]>6C>CT>6C>236CC>j.2D~B>5[C]>6C>4D~A>6C>OD>6C>7j.236BBBBB>9j.236BBBBB>8j.236BBBBB>j.236236D should be ~7K iirc

based on above combo but untested.

2CFC>6[C]>6C>CT>6C>236CC>j.2D~B>5[C]>6C>4D~A>5D~A>6C>OD>6C~7>6C~7>6C>7j.236BBBBB>9j.236BBBBB>8j.236BBBBBB>j.236236D may be almost 8K?

If you want without OD

2CFC>6[C]>6C>CT>6C>236CC>j.2D~6>j.4D~A>5[C]>6C>4D~A>6C>236AAD~A>6C>214D>j.D~6>j.C>j.236236D is ~6K

If were talkin' Non-OD and Fatal 2[C] then I have one more combo that I use:

FC2[C]>6[C]>5A+B>6C>236CC>neutral jump>j.4D~A (first hit whiffs second hits)>5[C]>6C>4D6~B>6C>236AAA>5D~A>6C>(Optional OD Cancel)>236236D

[6475DMG/-60HT] without the OD cancel at the end 6955DMG with the OD

FC2[C]>6[C]>5A+B>236CC>j.4D~A>5[C]>6C>4D6~B>6C>236AAA>5D~A>236C~B id the non distortion version where you take out the bolded 6C from the old one to assure re-stand

[5529DMG/-10HT]

If you catch yourself doing the distortion ender version, when you don't have the meter you can correct it by deleting the 5[C] instead, but you lose about 500 damage. =(

They can't roll and you force them into RPS

Except Tao's mixup is ass and the only way to set it up by doing restand is by doing something unsafe. What's your mixup when you pressure? Mid/low? Deep. (6B is awful)

Yes you lose a little bit of control doing safejump/airdash mixup but show them you can punish rolls (which is easy) and they should either regular / delay neutral tech, which is fine because you have 2 airdashes.

You can't compare it to Tager because Tager's mixup benefits from them not being in kd state, Tao's doesn't because her mixup requires setup.

Except Tao's mixup is ass and the only way to set it up by doing restand is by doing something unsafe. What's your mixup when you pressure? Mid/low? Deep. (6B is awful)

Yes you lose a little bit of control doing safejump/airdash mixup but show them you can punish rolls (which is easy) and they should either regular / delay neutral tech, which is fine because you have 2 airdashes.

You can't compare it to Tager because Tager's mixup benefits from them not being in kd state, Tao's doesn't because her mixup requires setup.

My mix-up is usually composed of [2A>5B>pressure tricks / grab attempt / Bait DPs and the like]

My Tao /isn't/ great, I've made that crystal clear in my posts, what I've posted here is the benefits of re-standing in general, and in my EXP I've been able to get by with a few good reads. It's not harmful to know a couple situations to put an opponent in as well as how to navigate them properly, so learning encore oki isn't a bad thing per se, even if it is inferior. I could stand to learn ways to set up better oki, if you are willing to impart said knowledge.

I have approximately 0 knowledge of 2.0 Tao, so I think it could be useful. I wonder just who would post stuff there tho.

Well
lets start with google doc
and after its possible to sum it up we can create topic

http://bit.ly/1H4J0j3

i can give editing permisson via e-mail, just to make sure no one will ruin that document 4 fun, meanwhile it`s comment permission only

I do have one OD combo for you that can be seen at the end of this vid: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25609052

6[C]>5A+B>5A+B>Rapid>OD>236C(1)>236[C](1)x15>236C(1)x2>236236D [DMG 11703/Heat -100 (uses 150)/10%Hp]

There's a ton of OD combos in this vid that look useful but this is my favorite. The fact that there's 17 SMPs in it and it's the most damage I've seen from Tao is laughable.

Thats really nica damage lol! will add this

For that whole video - can u choose the 2-3 most useful and damaging combos in your opinion, for maybe 50 meter, cause to add ALL that stuff is too much, hardly doubt it is worth it to keep in mind in all those varieties

It's generally a lot of:

"Stuff">3C(3)>2B>6A>236CC>TK7j.236BBBBB>6C>5A+B>OD>(22C for 20 hits if it was an S starter or if it was N and the combo has already run on for a bit)>236C>236[C]xN until combo timer runs out>236CxN until OD timer is about to run out>236236D

However things like j.2D>rapid>OD>22C>236C>236[C]xN>236CxN>236236D exist

It seems this works from any crush trigger air-hit, so it'd be simpler to just mention it as an "OD combo ender." I think. Something like ~>5A+B>OD>(22Cx20hits)>236C>236[C]xN>236CxN>236236D. You can attach a hyperlink that leads to this vid on said note if need be.

Any confirm that doesn't use more than one 5A+B, has 3 or more hits before the 5A+B, and doesn't use any rapids should be a 50% heat version if my math checks out.

I included that one because it was insane max damage, but I have trouble hand picking from the rest because it's all gimmicky touch of death stuff, so I have a hard time pinpointing which of there are more "applicable"

Myoro, have u been cheking that google doc since? Or anyone else? 

At this moment many issues seem pretty clear, i described a lot.
What is disturbing now - damage. Really lack of high damage starters.

I would like to ask people to watch NicoNico video database Tao-vs-chars with DP. Cause we need those 2C CH combos, i watched a lot against Ragna but they all managed to Burst right after that starter lol, so i couldnt make a write-down.

Also - BackThrow, AirThrow, 2C FC, CH  j5DB most damaging optimal combos - we need that. Please guys, help me find them!

My mix-up is usually composed of [2A>5B>pressure tricks / grab attempt / Bait DPs and the like]

My Tao /isn't/ great, I've made that crystal clear in my posts, what I've posted here is the benefits of re-standing in general, and in my EXP I've been able to get by with a few good reads. It's not harmful to know a couple situations to put an opponent in as well as how to navigate them properly, so learning encore oki isn't a bad thing per se, even if it is inferior. I could stand to learn ways to set up better oki, if you are willing to impart said knowledge.

I exist.

Your pressure isn't deep enough. If that's the extent of what you're trying, you'll be completely unprepared for people who do things like mid string fuzzy jump / grab os. Pressure like that shows that your coverage of defensive options is just block / mash buttons, which might work at low/mid level play, but will get destroyed at high level play since it doesn't actually demand /respect/ from an opponent who utilizes a wider range of defensive options (I know this from experience). 

Tao's grab range is really, really bad. 2A->grab doesn't work if they barrier unless you dash 2A, so it's actually very, very easy to react to her grab (predictable situations plus large animation thanks skd)

Tao's presure might seem endless, but in current state all of her options have terrible risk/reward after the first mixup you're pretty much forced to pressure and then return to neutral.

In 1.0 you would use 5D SMP knockdown. 5D knockdown in general is superior to restand. I haven't played 1.1 much so I don't know optimal setups, but generally ending combos with 236aaad~a neutral jump is fine