Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CP] Carl Clover Gameplay Discussion (Changelog in OP)

Okay, In their defense, I'm still thinking that 4D is going to slap them across the screen, and when I see the opponent float upwards, I imagine myself vivacing away, which is what is happening to them during their 4D cross ups. I think they're still getting used to that change.

Also, give me a combo that they could really go for after the new 4D change

I saw somebody try to use a 6C ground bounce after 4D but it didn't work. The longest "practical" combos I've seen were the ones that ryussei used where he used Carl's Crush Trigger.

Its already been proven that 4D can combo into a charged 6C the issue is that people havent been combo'ing properly. People are still (Like u said) getting use to the new 4D so the few who do due it are like.. "Oh shit,, i can combo with a charged 6C cant i" but by then to much time has passed and they drop the combo.

Dio doesn't often go for max damage combos; he usually confirms his hits into somewhat basic combos.

This is why i dislike him.....

Lol more then 4k.. pfff we breaking 4k easy with a 4D starter. Im calling it now.

4D>6C Charged>5c>Brio>jb>jb>jc>2D or 6D>j2c>jb>jb>jc>volante>5c>jb>jb>jc>8D 4.7K :cool:

Swore dio was a chick...whatever...

Anyway, I think I'll be looking at other characters for the first two months because a) I'll learn how to go around their game and b) Carl players don't really develop really good stuff until around week 9. Honestly, I still only see like one carl use tenerezza as a poking tool, even though it's p1 is about 89, and they all stick to nee-san's ass like it's chocolate cake. Give her some room guys, Carl has a lot better horizontal space control now. You don't need to punish everything with a 5B.

Ok Confirmed 4k from a bunch of bullshit from a 4D starter...

4D>charged 6c>3c>La terrezan>j2c>jb>jb>jc>volante>5c>jb>ja>jb>jb>jc

3C isnt really such a good filler tbh.. out of all of Carls C attacks its P2 is probably the worst (Just checked.. its p2 is the worst out of all his attacks minus his A attacks) im still not understanding why they always use La terrezan during this combo.... it will always force u to end the combo out of CON but hey... at least we got this much. But seriously imma need these Jp folk to step there combo optimization up =/ he put a ja in the combo... like wtf >.<

What did we learn from this combo,,, Carl can do two air launch combos and 3 additional Ada attacks after the charged 6C at this point its all about which ones u use.. im calling it already. My 4D combo will be the most OPTIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

5k 0heat baby get at me.

*New Changes Added to front page*

Akira, I'd actually suggest to you that you leave the damage values as unknown for your suggested combos for the time being; in most of the videos we've seen so far, Carl's already struggling to break 4k off 5B without a crush trigger or Val Tedo, let alone 5k. We don't even have the new proration data yet so we still don't know his attack damage values yet. I stand corrected about the lack of data. Thanks for the data, Errol.

We don't even have the new proration data yet so we still don't know his attack damage values yet.

Name - Damage - P1 - P2

5A 300 100 75

5B 430 100 89

5C 620 100 92

2A 300 85 75

2B 400 90 85

2C 600 90 82

6A 480 80 89

6B 580 95 89

6C 550 85 89

3C 590 95 92

JA 300 90 77

JB 510 91 88

JC 660 90 89

J2C 640 85 92

6D 860 90 79

2D 920 90 82

3D 804 90 89

4D1 320 90 85

4D2 880 90 92

8D 560 90 89

Brio 1520 80 92

Anima 1260 90 80

Volante 1060 90 89

Tene? 1283 84 85

Fuoco 1073 100 44

CT 1000 80 100

Cantabile1 0 100 92

Cantabile2 1200 - 92

Allegretto? 772 100 84

2D、Tene's proration are uncertain

Fair enough,,, although im just listening to what they post on the JBB threads =3 have more faith in our character.. and less faith in the Japs who obviously cant optimize themselves outta a paper bag.

Edit:

Lolz thanks Errol putting this on the front page.

An holy hell..... all our 5 inputs have p1s of 100 O.o this cant be right... Where did u get this is u dont mind me asking

JBBS.

P1s are different for all chars in CP.

Generally goes like -

Normal moves - P1 is 100. Jabs are 75ish P2. Bs and Cs are about 85-90.

Low moves are P1 90.

Jump moves are P1 90.

Overheads P1 80.

As a general rule. It also seems like typically P2s are kinda appropriate for their damage. Then usually there are some standouts moves for each character, good and bad.

I don't think we really know what determines how long a combo can go in CP. But the damage calculations are exactly the same as previous games.

Which is basically, (P1 * P2) for the first hit, and P2 for all subsequent hits. And Char combo rate factored in on every hit.

What I want to know is how that corner reset works right now. The fermata>OD>volante>tenerrezza>full charge 6C. It's nice, but what happens if the opponent attempts to roll out? I guess the volante would catch it, the tenerezza pick it up and the 6C would combo like normal, but what's the optimized damage off that? Anyhow, looks like we might actually need more meter this time around. Our CT is definitely necessary to pump out our more dangerous combos, and looks like optimizing isn't too hard afterword.

Edit: Now that our astral is actually viable, why haven't people been using it? I have so many things I want them to try with it, but no one uses it. I'm sure at least one carl would've done a j.B/3D reset into 3C>astral by now.

If it works like relius's (Which it probably does) if Ada is in recovery then it cannot be done.

U really think we "need" our CT to pull off our damaging combos?

Id say its more of a tool used to give us that extra 1.3k in our combos. Since the route with CT is CT(6C)>La terrezan>6c full charge. However with our 4D we get to skip that and go straight into 6c full charge. Into Brio stuff then volante =3 im so excited.

And now I can't reference that video for right now. Jourdal's account just got terminated for copyright.

Maybe less people are playing with Carl in CP because it doesn't worth the effort now. Even if Carl manage to have good dmg, why will you bother using it? Now you can pick almost any character, go for the Overdrive combo and get a free win.

I don't like that almost all of our dmg combo are CT dependent, way too abare now...

Maybe less people are playing with Carl in CP because it doesn't worth the effort now. Even if Carl manage to have good dmg, why will you bother using it? Now you can pick almost any character, go for the Overdrive combo and get a free win.

I don't like that almost all of our dmg combo are CT dependent, way too abare now...

don't give up hope!

remember, there is still lots of tech that is hidden because of this "patient play"