Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

"Dia-former", ""Luna-former"

Pretty sure it's Latin and it should be Dia Forma (Daylit Form... or Goddess Form if you prefer) and Luna Forma (Moon Form).

The implications of OD Calamity with 4 swords dropping has me interested. I mean, only if each blade has a minimum 1040 damage. If not, it should still deal a sizable amount of damage, if the opponent is properly spaced.
Highly doubtful... That'd be way too good, IMO. I think the best bet right now is it being Unlimited Lambda's (Nu) 632146D, doing 240*4 (960) minimum damage.

Highly doubtful... That'd be way too good, IMO. I think the best bet right now is it being Unlimited Lambda's (Nu) 632146D, doing 240*4 (960) minimum damage.

It kind of has to do more damage minimum than non-OD Calamity, otherwise I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of OD. Doesn't have to be incredible. Though, if it is not used like Calamity ender in that regard, it could be used mid-combo if the p2 values are slightly higher than the non-OD version.

Also, I'm not sure but was that Unlimited Nu Calamity updated to the 40% damage minimum Lambda got? Cuz I remember they left the unlimited characters outdated with the changes to CS2. So if it's doing 20% instead of 40%, I could live with it doing double to match Lambda's new values. I haven't played Unlimited Nu much though.

Well, the "problem" I have with a 4-sword version of 632146D is that I don't know if it's proration (at least in CS2) applies once or 4 times. I'm guessing it applies 4 times. It'd also ideally be used in a situation where all 4 swords hit, instead of 3 or 2. Having an easy 8K+ from 2 OD DD's seems way too powerful. I'm hoping and guessing that they didn't overlook this obvious problem.

I'm not sure about the 20% or 40% thing. Remember, CS2 and CSE Lambda's 632146D and j.632146D were essentially completely different. For Lambda in CS1 (as well as for Unlimited Nu in general), 632146D and j.632146D were fairly similar, in terms of as a combo tool.

From what I remember, the 4 swords could hit consistently midscreen, not in the corner though. And I'm not sure if 2 DD in OD would be possible midscreen because of how far it pushes the opponent back and toward the corner. If it's in the corner, maybe one or two will hit, the damage won't be that much though.

I just remember, from CS1 to CSE, that the proration values for Unlimited Nu's moves were fairly bad. The only move that was good on proration and repeat was j.214D, so her unlimited version did less damage than Lambda a lot of the time. I should probably pop in BB to remember myself of these values and things. I agree though, that 2 DD OD doing 8k easy would be way too powerful. I was just reading how some characters OD could net them some good damage, so I was curious if Nu's beefed Calamity would help with that.

If it is 960 min though, I wonder now if the ender will be useful as an ender or more for a combo extender.

You are the best. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Edit: 5DD > 4DD > 236C actually works in OD mode that looks cool. So 236B in Lambda mode doesn't knockback anymore, it spins in place, that's cool. I liked the combo there, though I wonder how much better you can make it. 3C in Nu mode kicks up fairly high, though I doubt you can do anything more than 3C > mode change > 6A, curious if gravity links. The combo starter was 2B > 3C, I figured doing 2B > 2C > 5C > 3C > mode change > 6A > j.C > j.2C > land > 2DD > air stuff would be better. I saw that Supra actually beat out Ragna's new move thing, it looked like it did have invincibility since it beat it out, so can we assume it's a DP now?

Overall Nu looks like she plays much faster than Lambda, or it could be just me. Also I take back what I said about the usefulness of OD. It could have some potential in a practical sense.

I saw that Supra actually beat out Ragna's new move thing, it looked like it did have invincibility since it beat it out, so can we assume it's a DP now?

Only in [ν] according to the translations haki gave us. Still something though.

And the system changes in Chrono have sped up the game a bit, so it's probably not your eyes deceiving you if you think Nu looks faster.

So hype! >w</

The new combo routes are looking to be pretty stylish.

"Dia-former", ""Luna-former"

Pretty sure it's Latin and it should be Dia Forma (Daylit Form... or Goddess Form if you prefer) and Luna Forma (Moon Form).

Ah, I see. I don't know Latin, but that does make sense.

Only in [ν] according to the translations haki gave us. Still something though.

And the system changes in Chrono have sped up the game a bit, so it's probably not your eyes deceiving you if you think Nu looks faster.

If what we were told is correct, it almost seems like it's better to be caught in Nu form, since you get meterless DP and Parser off certain hits, while Lambda only gets Calamity. I guess it sort of makes sense making Nu mode the default and general "tachimawari" mode that way.

Anyone else die a lil' inside when you realized your dreams of playing armor less Nu were shattered? Cosmic halo is not what I expected nor wanted. -_- Oh well... I suppose there's always BlazBlue: Chrono oh no sorry scissorboot users edition. <_<

I love her changes so far I just personally would prefer she have her armor less look instead of the weirdo halo. Aesthetic nitpick I suppose but I think it would make more sense and look a hell of a lot better. IMO Even if she just removed her visor It'd have been an improvement I feel. *shrugs*

Anyone else feel the same way?

Still continuing to main mah lil' yandere sword spammer regardless ;P

Although, airborne act parser is a dream come true. With that lil' inclusion, I just might be able to look past the cosmetic catastrophe referred to as the "cosmic halo"

Maybe......

Woke up, my dreams came true. Not only did I get my #1 robot bitch back, but she looks awesome and dat yandere voice is to die for. I'm sorry Lambda but the real shit is back now.

So hype! >w</

If what we were told is correct, it almost seems like it's better to be caught in Nu form, since you get meterless DP and Parser off certain hits, while Lambda only gets Calamity. I guess it sort of makes sense making Nu mode the default and general "tachimawari" mode that way.

I remember in that translation thing you linked that most players said that you shouldn't end a combo in Lambda form, I suppose that would be the reason why. Nu is much better on the defense than Lambda is because she has a fairly decent DP and she can escape the corner easier. It's also possible the start up on her drives are faster by a few frames. And I may be seeing this wrong, but it looks like 214D has a faster start-up, so 214D~C should be even faster, so Nu mode seems ideal if you're either trying to lame it out with the superior zoning, or keep your opponent wary of your DP.

Cool thing though, not sure if Supra being FC is Nu or Lambda specific, but it can combo easily for a nice amount of damage. It's probably safe to assume that Nu Supra can't be used in combos whereas Lambda's can.

A link I would have been interested in seeing is if supra > mode change > 2DD > gravity, works. The gravity for Nu and Lambda are different. I don't think you can combo easily from Nu's but I could be wrong.

Anyone else die a lil' inside when you realized your dreams of playing armor less Nu were shattered? Cosmic halo is not what I expected nor wanted. -_- Oh well... I suppose there's always BlazBlue: Chrono oh no sorry scissorboot users edition. <_<

I love her changes so far I just personally would prefer she have her armor less look instead of the weirdo halo. Aesthetic nitpick I suppose but I think it would make more sense and look a hell of a lot better. IMO Even if she just removed her visor It'd have been an improvement I feel. *shrugs*

Anyone else feel the same way?

*raises hand* I wanted armorless Nu or at least for her to have that stupid mask off so she could show off her pretty eyepatch face. Ah well, at least her character portrait is cool.

Also, if you're in one form and you get hit, you don't revert back to the original? Sorry, I don't know which is Nu and which is Lambda, so Nu=Dia and Lambda=Luna?

Have you seen the damage they allow Amane to get during his overdrive super?

I remember in that translation thing you linked that most players said that you shouldn't end a combo in Lambda form, I suppose that would be the reason why. Nu is much better on the defense than Lambda is because she has a fairly decent DP and she can escape the corner easier. It's also possible the start up on her drives are faster by a few frames. And I may be seeing this wrong, but it looks like 214D has a faster start-up, so 214D~C should be even faster, so Nu mode seems ideal if you're either trying to lame it out with the superior zoning, or keep your opponent wary of your DP.

Cool thing though, not sure if Supra being FC is Nu or Lambda specific, but it can combo easily for a nice amount of damage. It's probably safe to assume that Nu Supra can't be used in combos whereas Lambda's can.

A link I would have been interested in seeing is if supra > mode change > 2DD > gravity, works. The gravity for Nu and Lambda are different. I don't think you can combo easily from Nu's but I could be wrong.

In the video, we actually only saw Luna's 214D. Nu would always shift into Luna form before doing it. And we can combo from Dia's 623C. The video showed [Dia]623C > shift into Luna > 6DD > 2DD > 214D

Also, if you're in one form and you get hit, you don't revert back to the original? Sorry, I don't know which is Nu and which is Lambda, so Nu=Dia and Lambda=Luna?

Yeah, that's right. Not sure about reverting back to Dia (ν) mode when hit, but I don't think she would revert...

No, but I still don't think (and hope) that she gets a minimum 4K from her 4 sword 632146D in OD... Even 2K would be pushing it, IMO, but I'd like that a lot better than an effortless minimum 8K.

Yeah. Dia has the Nu stuff and Luna has the Lambda stuff. As for reverting when you get hit, I don't remember seeing it happen on the streams and it would be kind of weird if ArcSys forced us into Dia form after being hit since we have more defensive options in that form.

What do they allow him to get from his overdrive super? I'm guessing not more than about 2k guaranteed?

Man you have to wonder what the game programmers are thinking when they see videos like that.

To be fair though, he does have to RC to ride the wave to get that high. Not sure what he would get minus the RC.

That's true. Then again, the fact that it's even possible to do that much doesn't sit well with me considering it's not really that difficult to get 100 heat.

Man you have to wonder what the game programmers are thinking when they see videos like that.

About the Amane players? Probably something along the lines of...

I'm pretty sure FG devs are used to it now. Pretty much every FG is gonna have some crazy shit get discovered soon after it comes out.