Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Looking at the most recent video, constantly canceling into FL seems to be pretty confusing for the recieving side (and the doing side too I suppose, but probably less so) due to all the move property changes. I have a feeling it'll be quite a while before I'm able to combo well from any form...

The recovery on FL seems really fast, so you might be able to do some nice frame traps with it. The part I'm finding difficult to wrap my head around is getting into Luna mode easily so you can do better damage. Sickle storm is shorter than I expected, so I'm not sure if empty jumps will work anymore.

I feel your pain lol. Though, I must say that I'm very excited/hyped for Nu's combos and overall game-play being a tad more complicated.

She does look complicated. Though I think she kind of needed it. Her style of zoning was really really simple compared to Rachel's or I guess Mu's. Being able to change your playstyle on the fly seems like a good way to add complexity to it.

Hype Nu match ups for me will be Hakumen, Carl, Hazama, and Azrael. I've always liked playing against Hakumen (I think because of mAc syndrome) and Hazama has become a favorite match up of mine. I'm really interested in Azrael fights though. Seems like it would be really interesting to outzone him and is probably more similar to facing Hakumen than anything, considering the one mistake = big damage kind of feel.

Posts from jbbs up to #507: (Mostly combo development)

Combos:

Dia 2B Starters -

Midscreen, char specific.

2B>2C>5C>3C>C Sickle>FL>6B>5C>4B>2DD>Aerial Swords (damage >3000?)

Delaying the beginning C's and canceling 3C before the last hit makes C Sickle easier to land.

On characters that this is hard on, it's better to just go the 3C>FL>6B>5C>4B> route, which still does decent damage.

Near corner, ~3C>FL>6B>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra>3C is fairly easy.

If you're too far for 6C>Sickle, you can skip Sickle and go straight to Cavalier>5C>2C>Supra>3C instead. Damage is in the 3500's.

Corner.

2B>6B>Sickle>FL>6A>Crescent>6A>6C>Sickle>Spike>Supra (Supposedly easy with "good" unlisted damage)

Luna 2B Starters -

Corner. (different versions are from combo development progression)

2B>5C>3C>Blade>FL>6A>6C>Spike>FL>Cavalier>Supra, ~3400 damage

2B>2C>3C>Blade>FL>6A>5C>Sickle>FL>5B>6A>Crescent>6A>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra, ~3800 damage

2B>2C>5C>3C>Blade>FL>6A>5C>Sickle>FL>6A>6C>Cavalier>5C>2C>Supra, ~4100 damage

(You can do a bit more and get ~4300 from this, but you don't get a down after Supra with it, so this one is better)

Dia 4B Starters -

Near corner.

4B>2DD>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>FL>5C>Sickle>FL>5C>2C>Supra, ~3800 damage

You can add 3C>Blade after for 4000, but they can tech after.

Luna 4B Starters -

Corner.

4B>2DD>CT>Cavalier>Gravity>6A>Crescent>6A>6C>Sickle>Spike>Supra

4B>microdash Supra>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Crescent, ~3700 (combo from someone noting that with 2DD's proration, dash Supra might be better and working from that)

4B>Crescent>6B>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>5C>2C>Supra>3C. ~4100-4200 damage

4B>2DD>CT>Cavalier>A Gravity>6A>Crescent>6A>6C>Sickle>Spike>5C>Supra, ~5005 damage with all hits of 5C

Throw Starters -

Corner, Dia.

Throw>Sickle>FL>6A>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>Supra, ~3500 damage

Midscreen

Throw>microdash 2DD>FL>6B>5C>2C>JDD>J2DD>Crescent, ~2900 damage

Combo Parts:

Blade>FL>5DD>4DD>4B

Might be char specific, doesn't seem to work well on chars with thin horizontal hitboxes. (Doesn't work on Mu)

Midscreen Dia throw>2DD>C Sickle>FL>6A~

Probably character specific (works on Jin, Ragna)

5C seems to have relatively long untechable time (combos into 4B), and can be used to adjust heights for things like 5C>Sickle (Dia).

Edit: Also, Mu has Lambda colors so someone was joking about Lambda coming back :v

Edit2: And before I forget, jbbs ascii from a while back X3

NwTZM.png

Cool combos man and awesome translations as always.

Here's the combo I'm curious about with Luna mode starter 4B>2DD>CT>Cavalier>A Gravity>6A>Crescent>6A>6C>Sickle>Spike>5C>Supra, ~5005 damage with all hits of 5C. For that combo can you do something like ~A gravity > 6A > 5C > 2C > crescent > 6A > 5C > 6C > sickle > spike > 5C > supra. I'm assuming that the proration won't allow for supra knockdown ender, but I was wondering if adding more 5C and 2C would up the damage much.

jbbs update, up to post 541:

Combo Summary: (probably mostly overlap)

[Dia]

[Midscreen]

2B>3C>FL>6A>4B>2DD>Spike>5DD>6DD>2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent

2B>3C>FL>6A>JC>J2C>2DD>Spike>2DD>4B>2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent

2B>2C>5C>3C>C Sickle>FL>6B>5C>4B>2DD>Aerial (3000)(char specific?)

2B>6B>5C>3C>FL>5B(>5C)>2C>JDD>J2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent (~2300, when they're too far away for FL>6A)

4B>2DD>back jump>low airdash>jC>j2C>Crescent>dash 3C>FL>(3C>Blade)

>6A>Aerial>Calamity(50%)

Throw>microdash 2DD>4B>2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent

Throw>microdash 2DD>FL>6B>5C>2C>JDD>J2DD>JDD>Crescent (~3000)

Throw>2DD>C Sickle>FL>6A>2C>JDD>J2DD>J2DD>Crescent (~3100) (4k with Calamity)

[Corner]

2B>3C>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra(>2DD>A Gravity)

2B>2C>5C>Sickle>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>5C>2C>Supra>3C>Blade

4B>2DD>6C>FL>5C>Blade>FL>6A>Crescent>3C>FL>3C>Supra

4B>2DD>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>FL>5C>Sickle>FL>5C>2C>Supra (~3800)

4B>2DD>CT>dash 3C>FL>6A>Crescent>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>FL>Spike>FL>Cavalier>C Gravity>6A>Supra>3C (25% ~4000)

Throw>5C>Sickle>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>3C>Supra (~3800)

Throw>5C>Sickle>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra>3C (~3900)

[Luna]

[Midscreen]

2B>5B>5C>Blade>FL>5DD>4DD>Sickle

2B>5B>5C>Blade>FL>4B>2DD>Spike>5DD>6DD>2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent (distance-specific)

4B>2DD>CT>5DD>Cavalier>FL>C Gravity(25% 2800~3000 damage + opponent techs in C Gravity.)

4B>2DD>CT>Sickle>Spike>6DD>2DD>JDD>J2DD>DD>Crescent (25% ~3800)

Throw>microdash 2DD>Spike>5DD>6DD>2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent

Throw>dash 2DD>Spike>FL>C Sickle>FL>6A>2C>JDD>J2DD>Crescent (~3100) (4k with Calamity)

[Corner]

5B>3C>A Gravity>microdash 6A>4B>2DD>CT>Cavalier (wall hit)>JDD>J2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent

2B>2C>5C>Blade>RC>Spike>dash 6A>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra(50%)

2B>3C>Blade>FL>6A>5C>6C>Spike>FL>6A>Crescent>6A>Supra

2B>2C>5C>Blade>FL>5DD>Sickle>FL>5DD>2DD>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>5C>2C>Supra

2B>2C>5C>3C>Blade>FL>6A>5C>Sickle>FL>6A>6C>Cavalier>5C>2C>Supra (~4100)

4B>2DD>6C>Sickle>Spike>Cavalier>6A>Supra>2DD>Crescent

4B>2DD>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>FL>6A>Crescent>3C>FL>3C>Supra

4B>Crescent>6B>5C>6C>Sickle>Spike>5C>2C>Supra>3C〆 (~4100)

4B>Crescent>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>FL>5C>Sickle>FL>5C>2C>Supra>3C (~4500)

4B>2DD>CT>Cavalier>Gravity>6A>Crescent>6A>6C>Sickle>Spike>5C>Supra(25% ~5000)

tk Crescent>rc>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra (50%)

[back to wall]

4B>microdash Supra(hit facing other way)>turn 6DD>2DD>6C>Cavalier>Supra〆

Other notes:

OD Calamity hits stay within the screen, even in the corner (like Arakune's 6D) so you're guaranteed all hits.

Midscreen, Luna, 100% heat: (4408 damage)

tk Crescent>RC>land 5DD>6DD>2DD>jc>JDD>J2DD>jc>JDD>J2DD>cOD>air OD Calamity

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the untech time on her air Drives have been decreased a bit.

Another more simple explanation could be that the Nu wasn't used to the decrease in Drive's hitstop.

so for long range zoning, why not use 236d~c? i realize its not full screen, but when you hit confirm the 4dd, sometimes it makes sense to 236d~c. plus there's probably something you can do follow it up.

I'm not sure. There aren't that many ambitious Nu's out there right now. Considering her increase in combo difficulty as well, it's possible that it's just too hard, or maybe not even possible. She's still relatively new, so I'm sure there are many combo routes that haven't been discovered yet.

I have a question about Nu's OD...

I read that when we use 5D, 2D, 4D or 6D during it it's treated as if only one sword came out, is this true?

Also [i asked this earlier, but no one answered] is Act Parser any different in CP than it was in CT?

In regards to her OD Drive, are you referring to proration? If so, then yes, that appears to be the case.

I don't think anyone really knows the specifics about CP Nu's Act Parser. I highly doubt that it's exactly the same as it was in CT, though. Until the frame data comes out, we'll never really know enough about Nu. All we can do is cross-reference from things that we already know (generalizations, not specifics).

Yes, I was referring to the proration of the attacks, and I'm very relieved to hear that they only count as one [i was afraid that our OD would make our swords like Unlimited Nu's in EX]

And I see, hopefully we'll get the frame data soon then.

Cool combos man and awesome translations as always.

Here's the combo I'm curious about with Luna mode starter 4B>2DD>CT>Cavalier>A Gravity>6A>Crescent>6A>6C>Sickle>Spike>5C>Supra, ~5005 damage with all hits of 5C. For that combo can you do something like ~A gravity > 6A > 5C > 2C > crescent > 6A > 5C > 6C > sickle > spike > 5C > supra. I'm assuming that the proration won't allow for supra knockdown ender, but I was wondering if adding more 5C and 2C would up the damage much.

The proration is already kinda low as is... Assuming adding all those 5C and 2C still allow the combo to work, I think it could improve damage by ~500, not to mention the extra Heat you'd be getting. However, I think they almost completely changed the combo system, so I really can't say for sure.

I think that this combo in general could be improved quite a bit, but I can't be 100% sure exactly what the best way to improve it would be right now... According to Rio (I think), Nu can get 6K from 4B in the corner, and ~7500 from 6B (presumably in the corner).

The proration is already kinda low as is... Assuming adding all those 5C and 2C still allow the combo to work, I think it could improve damage by ~500, not to mention the extra Heat you'd be getting. However, I think they almost completely changed the combo system, so I really can't say for sure.

I think that this combo in general could be improved quite a bit, but I can't be 100% sure exactly what the best way to improve it would be right now... According to Rio (I think), Nu can get 6K from 4B in the corner, and ~7500 from 6B (presumably in the corner).

What are the meter/OD requirements on that though? As far as proration goes 6b > j.B > 4b, and any optimized combo will definitely be using Luna gravity and cavalier. I'm starting to wonder if Luna sickle to spike is worth keeping in with that 80 p2 on spike, but I guess that late into the combo the damage is so eroded the difference will probably only be double digits.

What are the meter/OD requirements on that though? As far as proration goes 6b > j.B > 4b, and any optimized combo will definitely be using Luna gravity and cavalier. I'm starting to wonder if Luna sickle to spike is worth keeping in with that 80 p2 on spike, but I guess that late into the combo the damage is so eroded the difference will probably only be double digits.
No idea, but I assume it only requires spending 25 Heat. I think he would've mentioned if it was in OD. The real problem with that combo is 2DD connecting the CT. Besides 2D, is it possible to combo into a CT? It's possible that there are other ways to connect into a CT, like with 6C, I'm guessing.

There might be better options than 214D there. I was hoping that 236B > 22A > 5C connected under (Luna) 236D, but even if it does work, it might be character-specific. It's probably possible to do a 2C instead, there.

No idea, but I assume it only requires spending 25 Heat. I think he would've mentioned if it was in OD. The real problem with that combo is 2DD connecting the CT. Besides 2D, is it possible to combo into a CT? It's possible that there are other ways to connect into a CT, like with 6C, I'm guessing.

There might be better options than 214D there. I was hoping that 236B > 22A > 5C connected under (Luna) 236D, but even if it does work, it might be character-specific. It's probably possible to do a 2C instead, there.

6K from a 4b in the corner for only 25 seems almost too good to be true. As for comboing into CT I imagine there are a number of options realistically; I wonder if Luna 236d to CT could also be used in combo like a Luna 4b > 2dd > 6a > A gravity > 6a > crescent > 6a > 6c > 236d > CT > Cavalier > stuff

6K from a 4b in the corner for only 25 seems almost too good to be true. As for comboing into CT I imagine there are a number of options realistically; I wonder if Luna 236d to CT could also be used in combo like a Luna 4b > 2dd > ?6a? > A gravity > 6a > crescent > 6a > 6c > 236d > CT > Cavalier > stuff
Maybe 4B > TK > 6B > 5C > 6C > CT > 236D > 236C > (5C) > 214A > 6A > 5C > 2C > 623C > 3C? Not a safe guess, since it assumes 6C > CT connects... It could also partly just be something simple like adding in 2C's where all the 6A's are, if that connects.

The challenge is getting CT and Gravity in there as early as possible. 236C is important as well, but not nearly as helpful for damage as those two.

Rio is one of the combo innovators when it comes to Lambda/Nu, so I wouldn't put it past him to improve a combo by that much.

I wonder if there are any places left to apply the old [Corner 236C > Dash back > TK Feint > 4B(2)/2B] mix-up, or at least something like that, needs something that gives hard-knockdown.

That was mad legit, one of the few true 50/50's in the game.

I think what I'd like to see most is if 6DD > 2DD > IAD j.2C > land > combo still works.

Maybe 4B > TK > 6B > 5C > 6C > CT > 236D > 236C > (5C) > 214A > 6A > 5C > 2C > 623C > 3C? Not a safe guess, since it assumes 6C > CT connects... It could also partly just be something simple like adding in 2C's where all the 6A's are, if that connects.

The challenge is getting CT and Gravity in there as early as possible. 236C is important as well, but not nearly as helpful for damage as those two.

Rio is one of the combo innovators when it comes to Lambda/Nu, so I wouldn't put it past him to improve a combo by that much.

I assumed that Nu could get 7k off a 6B starter considering it's p1. It's probably her best punish.

For placing 214A and CT in as early as possible, would it make more sense to go 4B > TK > 5C > 214A > CT > 236C. Assuming that 5C and 214A connect and that CT can follow up gravity and of course 236C connecting.

For her 6B combo, I would guess it starts like 6B > 3C > 214A > CT > 236C. I haven't really seen Nu use CT in the corner so can't say for sure 236C will connect to it afterwards.