Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

@_@

You don't need to worry about the chart much. It is just to make it easier for you in the future. 236B > dash 5B works on everyone. You can just focus on doing [some gatlings without much proration] > 236B > dash 5B > 6A > j.214D > 6A > 6C > 236C > dash under 4B > 2DD > D mash ender.

I appreciate the quickie combo list and info guys -- after 600+ games I think Im ready to start gettin technical with my second murakumo~

I actually hope to sub-main her eventually beating out my jin in terms of skill/effectiveness

post-24813-139515173355_thumb.jpg

~but we'll see what happens~

*double post* since its been a few days --- Toan Ive managed to master the combo you suggested to me -- but with the variation that I TK crescent saber (for skill up) -- however I find that when I autopilot the combo I cross under with 2C -- instead of 4B -- is there any reason I shouldnt?

Using 4B gives more damage and heat.

For example, 2B > 3C > 236B > dash 5B > 6A > j.214D > 6A > 6C > 236C > dash under 4B > 2DD > D mash ender does 3735 damage and you gain 52 heat (assuming you end in crescent saber and not giant sword, otherwise you gain 48 before giant sword).

If you replace 4B with 2C, you do 3616 damage and gain 49 heat (again assuming you do crescent saber, otherwise you get 45 meter before giant sword).

And if you see j.214D in a combo (outside of being after jDD or j2DD), it will always be TK. I guess I should start just writing it as tk.214D.

It seems like 4b is slightly more timing intensive than 2c -- but the rewards are there -- and I should probably try to utilize it as a combo tool -- not only for mixups..

Im glad you started another combo notation with 2b -- it confirms an idea I was musing over last night about how to lead into corner dmg ... you cant always just land with an Act Parser...

I was going over the frame data because starting the corner combo with 3c was just so tight... It looked like the 2b starter would be a better idea (and it worked easier too - yay for overlapping murakumo skills)

Now that I have this fairly well under my belt another thing Ive been wanting to learn is what are preferred movements and mixups for sickle storm oki (assuming they wake up with block) Ive seen a variety but am failing to recreate it solely on my own

How do you feel about dash under 5C? You can instead do 2B > 3C > 236B > dash 5B > 6A > j.214D > 6A > 6C > 236C > dash under 5C > 2C > 2DD > D mash ender.

That combo gains 50 meter before giant sword so you can always end with giant sword if you feel like it and it does more damage than the dash under 2C variant (though less damage than the 4B variant). The timing is probably stricter near the end of the combo though.

As for sickle mix-up, dash jump is my favorite. You can either empty jump 2B or do a late air dash into jB. Or you could just dash 2B/4B(2). You are pretty much free to do what you want.

Oh neat a new thread.

I started playing this thing again and did surprisingly ok against some friends. I have someonewhodied added on XBL but I don't think we've ever played. We should fix that sometime.

It seems like 4b is slightly more timing intensive than 2c -- but the rewards are there -- and I should probably try to utilize it as a combo tool -- not only for mixups..

Im glad you started another combo notation with 2b -- it confirms an idea I was musing over last night about how to lead into corner dmg ... you cant always just land with an Act Parser...

I was going over the frame data because starting the corner combo with 3c was just so tight... It looked like the 2b starter would be a better idea (and it worked easier too - yay for overlapping murakumo skills)

Now that I have this fairly well under my belt another thing Ive been wanting to learn is what are preferred movements and mixups for sickle storm oki (assuming they wake up with block) Ive seen a variety but am failing to recreate it solely on my own

Dash Under 2C>5Cx8>4B(2) works too.

How do you feel about dash under 5C? You can instead do 2B > 3C > 236B > dash 5B > 6A > j.214D > 6A > 6C > 236C > dash under 5C > 2C > 2DD > D mash ender.

That combo gains 50 meter before giant sword so you can always end with giant sword if you feel like it and it does more damage than the dash under 2C variant (though less damage than the 4B variant). The timing is probably stricter near the end of the combo though.

As for sickle mix-up, dash jump is my favorite. You can either empty jump 2B or do a late air dash into jB. Or you could just dash 2B/4B(2). You are pretty much free to do what you want.

5cx8 is really working for me well -- thanks~~ and Im actually managing to get a few of those corner combos in online (which blows my mind cause they are so damned tight -- I never feel this pressure with mu12 inputs maybe cause im so used to her)

I was having trouble with TK corner crescent saber constantly turning into spike chaser or TK calamity sword but after careful review Ive noticed I was not pausing long enough when going to 7 (2147) - a slight pause or exaggerated input does wonders for me though - about sickle storm oki -- Im afraid I only somewhat understand -- perhaps "someone" can show me over XBL -- because i still feel it missing -- unless you think you can dumb down your explanation for me lulz

I know im free to do whatever -- but Im not innovating lambda very well so Im gonna need some tried and true templates

Have you seen Hex's Lambda tutorial? He showcased a few tried and true mix-ups off of sickle storm oki during the final part. Tuka also had a few on his channel though they were from around when the game first dropped so better ones have been found, the general concept is the same. Let me see if I can dig them up.

Edit: Found them

Hex's tutorial section about sickle storm oki

Here are Tuka's sickle oki

when landing 2b 3c 5b 6a (etc etc corner combo) usually I find I must 66~5b in order to keep the combo going but in some cases (like vs ragna or tager) this isnt necessary -- how much of the cast can we get away with this?

when landing 2b 3c 5b 6a (etc etc corner combo) usually I find I must 66~5b in order to keep the combo going but in some cases (like vs ragna or tager) this isnt necessary -- how much of the cast can we get away with this?

This is it right? I'm at work and can't actually see that link but I know the table is in the first post of the combo thread.

lambdacharspecific.png

:v: Lol

oh I .. think i can read that table now... it works on more chars than I thought...

I haven't noticed it (I don't really watch match videos) but it was said that it has no dead zone (as opposed to Dia's crescent saber or Lambda's). So it would make since that it was bigger so it wouldn't whiff up close.

That explains the usage I observed .... TK saber was hitting awfully close

i may play a bit of CSE today.

Been about a week since I last played

dammit someone -- you know ive been waiting for you to teach me sickle storm oki applications and the like... and now your gonna be all rusty and shit ~_~

I think he just wants someone to show him first hand. This was his first post about it:

- about sickle storm oki -- Im afraid I only somewhat understand -- perhaps "someone" can show me over XBL -- because i still feel it missing -- unless you think you can dumb down your explanation for me lulz

I know im free to do whatever -- but Im not innovating lambda very well so Im gonna need some tried and true templates

But now that you are here Sev, what set-ups do you normally use for sickle oki?

Only a week and you get rusty? I must be rusty everytime I play since I only play once a week.

I don't think I've completed a combo in years. why.jpg

Finally updated my post in the combo thread. Sorry for the long delay. As you can see, there was a lot to sort through (and I wasn't doing it that efficiently until today).

There are a lot of combo's listed with the same starter, but that's just to show what's possible with Nu right now.

As more time passes on, I'll try to cut down on the listed combo's, and list only the practical and optimal choices.