Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

True. Though, I'd argue that they still retain certain habits from playing Lambda, I.E being slightly more careful when and where they use Gravity Seed (Not that that's a bad thing.), setting up okizemes with the combination of 3C and Sickle Storm, and of course having vastly under powered zoning when compared to CT and CP. Actually, I'd say that's the main reason why some of Nu's tools are going unused by most, we now have so many options at long-range in Dia Forma, but we're treating her like we're still playing Lambda even though Luna Forma is the replacement for that playstyle, for the most part at least.

So for Arc Revo, we have Yuuma vs Goro and Yoshiki vs Tetsuwo or Ryuusei. It's a shame Protos didn't make it.

Y'all are fucked.

Just posted a match-up overview in the Mu thread. Our match-up threads need some more information so hopefully we can get some more stuff in there. I am probably going to do one for Tsubaki or Noel (since they are simple match-ups) in the next couple of days. Feel free to post your own so we can discuss them.

Edit: I stole this format from Moy since it seemed to be a good format.

But the vs hakumen match is just 6D lockdowns, 236A crossunders (236C if you are ballsy and opponent doesn't barrier block), and gravity lock downs.

And hitting off hitconfirms.

Wha- toan, did you step down from your mod position?

Also, I thought 3c was good vs hakumen kishuu.

I'm talking about the range where you start the match. It will place her just far enough away that it will whiff, and hers will hit instead. Other attacks make her hitbox big enough to hit with Haku 3C, but her 3C keeps it small enough that she's safe.

EXAMPLE:

3C

ny234_03.png

5C

ny202_07.png

Beating lambda's 4B? Unthinkable. That shit is undodgable and unblockable. It may as well be Ragna 5B

Speaking of which... Tao/Haku's 6B overheads have low invulnerability. Why can't Nu's 4B have it too? It's not like it's comboable into Ex Ragna damage while Tao/Haku can't really do anything after it without meter. #bufflarsnu

But for real, she's way better than before, but still can't haggle with the big boys just yet. What's it gotta take?

Speaking of which... Tao/Haku's 6B overheads have low invulnerability. Why can't Nu's 4B have it too?

She shoots laser swords full screen.

Speaking of which... Tao/Haku's 6B overheads have low invulnerability. Why can't Nu's 4B have it too? It's not like it's comboable into Ex Ragna damage while Tao/Haku can't really do anything after it without meter. #bufflarsnu

But for real, she's way better than before, but still can't haggle with the big boys just yet. What's it gotta take?

What are you talking about? The only reason you would need low invincibility is to bait out lows and get CHs. Both Tao and Hakumen can combo if their 6B gets a CH so that is probably why they don't get much on non-CH. I would rather we get consistent damage from overhead everytime it lands and not rely on having to make the opponent press buttons. They probably aren't going to go back to the old days where 4B beat lows.

Is 4B the overhead that looks nothing like an overhead? She's off the ground whilst she does it, so it would make sense for it to have low invul. but then it would just be so lolgood it's untrue.

The first hit of the move is way too fast to allow it to also have low invulnerability. Haku/Tao 6Bs have large startups for that very reason.

Also

She shoots laser swords full screen.

Yeah, that's 4B. And it was stupid when it beat lows. Pisces was a master at using it.

The first hit of the move is way too fast to allow it to also have low invulnerability. Haku/Tao 6Bs have large startups for that very reason.

He was referring to CP Nu, where she no longer has the first hit.

He was referring to CP Nu, where she no longer has the first hit.

Still, isn't the "second" hit only a tiny bit slower? The only reason it's slow on block in CSE is cuz it has hitstop on the first hit. If you whiff the first hit intentionally (which you should be doing) the second hit is an incredibly fast overhead.