Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Updated my posts in the video thread. If you've got time, there're a lot of matches in the last few posts.

Collapsed: Nu Rankings:

Nu rankings

(Rank) (Dan)

The ones with *'s are players that I definitely recommend watching. In this sense, it's not really any different from CSE...

* (1) (12) Protos/Purotosu/Gentarou/弟子2号

- Down from 13th Dan. Overall very solid, and he can also do some execution-heavy things as well.

* (2) (11) Naga/ナーガ

- He's been at 11th Dan for the longest time... I think Naga's a bit outshined by Protos, Tsukasa, and Yoshiki in different ways. I often find that he doesn't fight against very strong competition.

* (3) (11) Yoshiki/Nao-san Aishiteru/идзанагиーイザナギオトメ

- Yoshiki was somewhat inactive for a while, but he's gone up the ranks relatively quickly now. A fundamentally solid player.

(5) (11) Yuuma/ユーマ@銀河

- I've only seen one match of Yuuma, and it was against Kinji's Taokaka...

* (6) (10) Tsukasa/Sagatto/Minaru/Hagashi/HighSpeedWagon/僕やで

- He's always doing new things. He's definitely a player to learn from.

(8) (10) Minato/Minato P/みなとP

- Down from 11th Dan, I think. He's fairly good.

(9) (10) Yuuki/ゆうき┐('~`;)┌

- Fun to watch. Considering that he plays around the same area as Tsukasa, it'd be tough to recommend Yuuki, although he's good in his own right as well.

(12) (9) Kyon/キョン@ニュー復活万歳

- This Nu is pretty good.

(15) (9) Goro/ご ろ

- Seems inactive with Nu. It's not a bad idea to watch his matches when or if he ends up playing Nu for a little bit again.

(16) (9) Mikoto/みこと

- Mikoto plays a lot. I don't believe I've seen this Nu play, but with that many matches, I would hope that he's fairly strong.

(17) (8) MP/SUGOMI

- Also fun to watch. I've only seen one match, though.

The players without *'s are all arguably on a lower level, don't fight the same level of competition as consistently, or I've just not seen enough matches to assess how strong they are.
Rio always seems to play a little bit in the beginning of a new BB release. After a while, he doesn't really stay as active as the others. I think Goro's gone back to Makoto now. He seems to be doing a lot better with her.

I was hoping that CV would show the strength of potential of 6B or 5C fatals. That 4B combo near the end did 5k, I remember reading somewhere that 6k was possible with 25 meter. I'm fairly certain that 236C can follow up after CT midscreen, however they need to be closer to the corner since you can't do anything after otherwise (not sure which would be more optimal, going to assume 236C since it has higher damage and p2). Unless 236D's start-up got faster, 236C should land (though it does seem to have faster starter up). Some of those combos were cool though, mostly the midscreen versions. Oh yeah, I'm wondering, is Nu considered airborne when she does supra edge? If so, then calamity should be possible for when they're near dead. If you really want to kill them, I'm assuming OD after supra and calamity works :)

Is it possible to follow up crescent midscreen after something like 4B > crescent > dashing 6DD?

I'm still uncertain about that 6K from a 4B CT combo, unfortunately. I've got a few ideas of how it could work, but some of them might be too long and affect the untech time.

Midscreen, two of our punishes can be:

(midscreen to corner) (Dia) Dashing 6B CH > 3C > 22A > 6B > 214C > Dashing 6DD > 2DD > CT > Dashing 236D > Dashing 6C > 236C > 5C > 2C > 623C (4.5K)

(midscreen to corner) (Luna) Dashing 6B CH > 3C > 214C > Dashing 6DD > 2DD > CT > Dashing 236D > Dashing 6C > 236C > 22A > 5C > 236D > 22A > 6A > (5C > 2C) > 623C (Just going to guess that this would do 5.5K+)

I think 236D is used more often since you don't have to worry about distance from the corner as much. With a Dashing 236D > Dashing 6C > 236C, there's greater corner carry as well. A non-dashing 236D can also connect, but it might be character-specific. I'm curious if we can possibly do something like X > 214A/B > Dashing 2DD > CT against some characters, or if X > 214C > Dashing 6DD > CT works (since 6DD > CT apparently can connect).

I can't remember seeing a proper 5C FC punish combo in all of the matches I've watched... I guess we'll find out its potential eventually.

You'd probably have to RC Supra to stay airborne (like 4B). I don't know if it's possible to OD cancel special moves. If not, you can end a combo with something like (Luna) X > 623C > 3C > 632146D for 600 minimum, or just omit 623C and go for an air DD ender.

I'm not sure if a midscreen (Luna) 4B > TK > Dashing 6DD would work, although if I had to guess, I'd say no. (I think) I've seen Tsukasa attempt a midscreen (Luna) X > 3C > 214A > Dashing 6A > TK > (Dashing) 6D.

Since I'm actually piqued by this at the moment, I see that a lot of Nu players are adding both versions of 236D into their combos. I saw 2147D so it got me wondering if both versions of that could be used as well. Right now I'm wondering if a mini-TK loop would work. Something like x > 6A > TK > 22A > 6A > TK. And if it's possible to add two of SMP moves if Nu changes modes, such as 6C or 4B...maybe even two 236Cs in OD mode, like 236C in Luna mode followed by OD, 22A and another 236C. Haha how my mind wonders.

Thanks for the swift responses Overheat, you always know how to bring me back to earth when my mind wonders. Those combos look really good man. I like the dashing, means she will have a lot of corner carry at least. Do you know if CH 6B > 3C > delay 214C would allow 236C to connect? I'm thinking, with gravity there to slow it a bit, Nu might be able to follow it up. Actually, I'm thinking of it like Extend, so I actually wouldn't know what she could follow it up with to make it work. It would work in the corner at least.

5C punishes, I've only heard the announcer say "fatal" once for it and the Nu player didn't do much off of it, so it's safe to say a lot of players don't know the potential of it yet.

Omitting the 623C seems like a good idea considering that 5C > 2C proceeds it usually. It would be cool if she was airborne though, it seemed like a flashy way to end a round (seeing as how I really like how 623C looks and is used). Though, based on what you said, I see 623C > 3C > OD > Calamity working so the potential to be flashy is still there (it also adds 1500 damage to a combo that has the potential to do 5k-6k)!

Man that Nu list looks awesome. Proto is looking to be my favorite at the moment. I really like the color palette he uses for Nu that's probably the main reason haha.

Oh and it's a bit belated but Happy Birthday Nu :)

From what we've seen/heard so far, it seems like 236D is a special case and was the only one noted on the jbbs. Other SMP moves aren't considered different so if you do it in one mode, you can't mode change to have it be considered a different move. I would doubt that changes in OD but it would be cool if it did.

Do you know if CH 6B > 3C > delay 214C would allow 236C to connect? I'm thinking, with gravity there to slow it a bit, Nu might be able to follow it up. Actually, I'm thinking of it like Extend, so I actually wouldn't know what she could follow it up with to make it work. It would work in the corner at least.

Though, based on what you said, I see 623C > 3C > OD > Calamity working so the potential to be flashy is still there (it also adds 1500 damage to a combo that has the potential to do 5k-6k!

Things like 3C/2DD > Gravity > 236C definitely do not work anymore. Gravity's untech time has been vastly reduced. Considering the damage buff to Gravity, I would guess that Gravity > 236C was one of the first things that people tested.

For 3C > OD > 632146D, that'd have to be in Dia. It might not connect, and even if it did, the combo could be too long to make it not connect.

From what we've seen/heard so far, it seems like 236D is a special case and was the only one noted on the jbbs. Other SMP moves aren't considered different so if you do it in one mode, you can't mode change to have it be considered a different move. I would doubt that changes in OD but it would be cool if it did.

I honestly thought that could be one of the ways Nu could game the system, so to speak, and it would have been really cool. I haven't seen much OD usage (aside from the standard match ender) so it seemed like it could have some potential if 236C was separate.

Things like 3C/2DD > Gravity > 236C definitely do not work anymore. Gravity's untech time has been vastly reduced. Considering the damage buff to Gravity, I would guess that Gravity > 236C was one of the first things that people tested.

For 3C > OD > 632146D, that'd have to be in Dia. It might not connect, and even if it did, the combo could be too long to make it not connect.

Seriously? There goes my ideal 6B combo starter. I think I'll be experimenting quite a lot when BBCP hits stateside.

Didn't know that you had to be in Dia for OD > Calamity to work. I suppose there are a good number of ways to end a combo in Dia to make it happen.

Not sure if these are already known, but a few interesting things from jbbs:

After a corner combo Supra ender, you can do 3C>Ground Calamity for extra damage. The minimum damage on ground Calamity is low and looks to be only around 500 though, so they're saying it might be better just to do 6A Air Calamity instead of Supra. (Although this sort of puzzles me, since weren't they saying min damage was same on both Calamities a while back?)

If someone is in gravity, you can do Dia Sickle>FL>5DD~ even from midscreen. 5D starter to aerial swords does ~3000.

And apparently the timing is very hard, but you can do Dia 3C>Sickle>FL>5D from midscreen too, with no gravity needed. They don't mention it, but I'd imagine it's char-specific.

I thought it was that a ground (Luna) Calamity does 600 minimum (25% of 2400), an air (Luna) Calamity does 1040 minimum (33.3% of 3120), and OD Calamity does 1500 minimum for both ground and air versions. It can be a bit confusing...

The (midscreen) (Dia) 3C > Sickle > 22A > 5DD is probably a height issue, I think. It could be our new midscreen X > TK > Dashing 6DD, although it seems like both aren't that practical.

Oh, I see. That must've just been the OD versions then.

Also, I had been under the impression that you couldn't air parser after a crescent cancel, but looking at the recent vids that doesn't seem to be the case. Glad to see that's another option~

I have a question...

You see, when I have the opponent trapped in Sickle storm [in the corner or in Neutral] I usually use 4D followed by 4B to confuse and [if I'm lucky] trick the opponent into a combo.

Now my question is that if this is still possible in CP with Luna Forma? My reason for asking is that Sickle Storm only hits 5 times now and it seems to vanish sooner than it use to, so I'm wondering if it would last long enough for 4D to hit, also I'm wondering if the new Proportion System may stop this from working.

I'm guessing you're referring to the proration and the new combo system. In this case, no. The proration and the new combo system won't affect what you're planning to do.

You can definitely still do 4D, but I would just recommend doing the same old jump-in mix-up after a (Luna) 236D.

You can do a lot of things like:

236D > j.B > 2B > 4B

236D > air dashing j.B > 2B > 3C

236D > empty jump 2B/4B

236D > Dashing 2B > 4B

There's still a bit of uncertainty, but the current conclusion seems to be that Dia form Supra does have head invuln after all. No info about invuln startup or Luna form version yet though.

And it's looking like Luna Gravity throw invuln has a longer startup than in EX. People are noting that it's easier to get thrown out of it before the invuln kicks in, making it less usable as throw bait.

Yoshiki provided us with a new combo (well its new to me) \o/

Calamity > 5DD > 2DD > 214D > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > crescent ~4080

Looks fairly easy to do and good damage off a reversal. Also, it appears Calamity isn't fatal anymore.

Looks like Luna Supra might be safe on block?

I notice that Yoshiki tends to end his corner combos with wheel oki whereas other Nu's mode change and do gravity seed. Personal preference or is one better than the other?

I think it depends. I would personally end a corner combo in Gravity, since (Luna) 236D oki in corner combo's ends up being way too close and seems like it can be hit out of by Ragna's ID, for example. It might depend on the opponent's reversal options and how fast they are.

I know I'm slowpoke-level late to the party on this, but is anyone else going to miss seeing Lambda-11 around in story mode?

Yes, I can't believe there isn't a Lambda palette for Nu either.

Yes, I can't believe there isn't a Lambda palette for Nu either.

Lambda lives on in her sister units Mu-12 and Nu-13. [Mu has her palette and Nu now counts her swords in German like Lambs did.]

I wonder if we can do flashy shenanigans like:

Dia:

X>2C(Airhit)>j.2DD>j.214D~C>j.5C>2DD>Mode Change>2C>j.2DD>j.214D~C>j.2C>2DD>214D>Mode Change>2DD>Air Ender.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well maybe replace the luna segment with:

2DD>Mode Change>66214A>2DD>TK Crescent>6DD>2DD>214D>Mode change?

Nu combos with OD after Luna 236D.

I'm going to assume that counter doesn't carry for 5C based on the Luna combo.

(corner) (Dia)

Dashing 6B > 5C > 236D > 22A > 214A > Dashing 6A > TK > 6A > 5C > 2C > 623C > 2DD > 6C > 236D > OD > 214D > 22A > 236236D > 236C > 22A > 236C > 22A > 632146D

(corner) (Luna)

5C[1] FC > CT > 236C > 214A > 22A > 236D > 22A > 6A > 5C > 2C > 623C > 2DD > 6C > 236D > OD > 214D > 22A > 236236D > 236C > 22A > 236C > 22A > 632146D

I'm hoping I'll be able to organize my post in the combo thread sometime today or tomorrow.

Those combos were really cool. Looks like Nu does have a good way to use her OD. Looks like a strong punish. Though I wonder if its possible to not add the 236Cs at the end for SMP. Would anything be better as a replacement?