Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Oops. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, all her Drive moves don't have follow-ups on block in Luna mode. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember, j.2D (and maybe 6D and 2D, can't remember for 4D and j.D) is the same as 5D.

Hyouge Koube Ranbat

Naga vs Q (Azrael)

Naga vs Grandia (Tager)

Naga vs Nao-chan (Jin)

DUE (Noel) vs Naga

DUE (Noel) vs Naga

(midscreen) 5DD > 4DD > 236D~C > 22A > 5DD > 236C

I think Naga is more deserving to be on the Notable Players list than Goro, HAL, and Yuuki.

Idk man. He's definitely a solid zoner but I don't think he can touch Tsukasa. Tsukasa is probably the best right now. I'd like to see more of HAL though.

Made a FAQ thread for Extend to compile the most asked questions answers. Gonna add a couple of more to it soon. Will make a similar thread of CP in the upcoming week, though it will mostly likely only consist of "How is CP Nu different from Extend Lambda?" and "What are the differences between Dia mode and Luna mode?" at this time.

Though in hindsight, I could add universal ones like "How do I TK crescent saber?" since that will always be a frequently asked question.

The link to Nu's calculated proration is incorrect. Alternatively, here's hakimiru's proration table. It's not missing much.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a link to the Nu Rankings in the first post, for those that are curious.

Yeah, I really like Naga's style more.
Idk man. He's definitely a solid zoner but I don't think he can touch Tsukasa. Tsukasa is probably the best right now. I'd like to see more of HAL though.
Tsukasa seems totaly above the others.
I don't think she was saying that Naga was better than Tsukasa. I think that you're right, though. Naga can't really touch Tsukasa in terms of skill.

Although he's my favourite Nu/Lambda player, Tsukasa is definitely not the best. He's the best at what he does, and he's perhaps the most exciting to watch for many, but he's not the Nu to bet on to win a tournament. That would go to Protos, then Yoshiki.

I think quite a few of his losses are caused by attempts at combo's that are essentially optimal combo video material.

That's also something that he's got going for him. No one can do what he does. His level of execution is basically unmatched. It's not an exaggeration to say that we learn about links we never knew existed because of him.

Relatively speaking, Yoshiki is more of a zoner than Tsukasa, and he plays very safe and fundamentally.

Protos is like Yoshiki, but better. His hitconfirms are better, and his combo's are stronger. He doesn't do Tsukasa-level difficulty combo's, but what he does is still (occasionally) pretty darn hard.

Protos, Yoshiki, and Tsukasa are all exceptional players. I think that HAL, Yuuki, and Naga are at least a level below them.

Oops. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, all her Drive moves don't have follow-ups on block in Luna mode. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember, j.2D (and maybe 6D and 2D, can't remember for 4D and j.D) is the same as 5D.
I'm not 100% sure about her other Drive moves, but I'm fairly certain that (in Luna) the Drive follow-up for j.2D, like 5D, can only be done on hit. I think it's safe to assume that this property applies to all of Nu's Drive in Luna mode. It'd be great if someone could confirm or correct me on this.

The link to Nu's calculated proration is incorrect. Alternatively, here's hakimiru's proration table. It's not missing much.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a link to the Nu Rankings in the first post, for those that are curious. I don't think she was saying that Naga was better than Tsukasa. I think that you're right, though. Naga can't really touch Tsukasa in terms of skill.

I'm not 100% sure about her other Drive moves, but I'm fairly certain that (in Luna) the Drive follow-up for j.2D, like 5D, can only be done on hit. I think it's safe to assume that this property applies to all of Nu's Drive in Luna mode. It'd be great if someone could confirm or correct me on this.

Changed and updated the first post. Added the rankings and also mentioned Luna mode drive follow-ups.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a link to the Nu Rankings in the first post, for those that are curious. I don't think she was saying that Naga was better than Tsukasa. I think that you're right, though. Naga can't really touch Tsukasa in terms of skill.

Although he's my favourite Nu/Lambda player, Tsukasa is definitely not the best. He's the best at what he does, and he's perhaps the most exciting to watch for many, but he's not the Nu to bet on to win a tournament. That would go to Protos, then Yoshiki.

I think quite a few of his losses are caused by attempts at combo's that are essentially optimal combo video material.

That's also something that he's got going for him. No one can do what he does. His level of execution is basically unmatched. It's not an exaggeration to say that we learn about links we never knew existed because of him.

Relatively speaking, Yoshiki is more of a zoner than Tsukasa, and he plays very safe and fundamentally.

Protos is like Yoshiki, but better. His hitconfirms are better, and his combo's are stronger. He doesn't do Tsukasa-level difficulty combo's, but what he does is still (occasionally) pretty darn hard.

Protos, Yoshiki, and Tsukasa are all exceptional players. I think that HAL, Yuuki, and Naga are at least a level below them.I'm not 100% sure about her other Drive moves, but I'm fairly certain that (in Luna) the Drive follow-up for j.2D, like 5D, can only be done on hit. I think it's safe to assume that this property applies to all of Nu's Drive in Luna mode. It'd be great if someone could confirm or correct me on this.

I agree with this. My favorites so far are Tsubaka, Protos and Naga. Naga's just fun to watch, Protos does some sick ass 4k stuff that I can't wait to try out and Tsukasa tries out things that could be useful in the future.

I'm just excited that my favorite robot from Calamity Trigger is back, even if she's a bit different this time around.

so im guessing you guys play online a lot huh?

i'll start once i get familiar with her combos. anyone interested in sparring?

so im guessing you guys play online a lot huh?

i'll start once i get familiar with her combos. anyone interested in sparring?

As toanenadiz suggested, posting in the PSN Match Finder will probably get more views (and thus more potential players with good connections). It's not that bad playing against random people online, but if you want a variety of characters to play against from Dustloop, that's a good place to go. I suggest posting on there ~30 minutes before you're able to play, or a similar time like that, so you don't have to wait a while.

If I'm not mistaken, Ryuujinx is a fellow Lambda main who plays in Texas. I'm not sure if he has CSE for the PS3, though... It wouldn't hurt to PM him and arrange for some online matches, or any other of the Lambda players that can play online on the PS3.

- - - - -

On another note, I've 99% confirmed that (Luna) 6D does not have a Drive follow-up on block.

I'll be working on a Combo System and Combo Theory section in the combo thread, where I'll try to explain how the new combo system works. The theory section will be about how to optimize a combo.

Tsukasa also was trying a new set-up the last time I saw him play, where he'd have the opponent under 236D and he'd run up and switch between Barrier blocking high and low before attempting a mix-up. It's similar to a corner set-up I've used in CS2, but I still find it bizarre that he's using that set-up. I don't think it's that good.

I think his old set-up, where he'd crouch after something like 3C > 236D then dash and attempt a mix-up, is better.

For rankings, Protos is still first at 15th Dan, followed by Naga, Yoshiki, and Kyon at 14th Dan. 13th Dan is currently empty, with the next highest ranked Nu being HAL at 12th Dan. Tsukasa is ranked 15th at 10th Dan, and Yuuki's still at 9th Dan as the 20th highest ranked Nu.

Also, I suggest removing the multiple names for the Japanese players in the first post. The English names are fine, and I mention who they are in the video thread anyway. Besides that, a lot of them change their names. I find it humorous that Tsukasa is known by so many names (and referred to those names too, which can confuse viewers). As an example, Naga (or Naaga) changed his name to 狛枝ナガ斗, and Tsukasa is currently はがたん (Hagatan). I haven't heard Yoshiki referred to as Nao-san in a long time, and Tsukasa changes his name too much, so they all don't stick for long (except Tsukasa).

Yeah I've been looking through videos and haven't seen Nu use drive follow up on block in Luna mode. It's either really bad on block or she can't do it.

I think right now I'm favoring Protos as my favorite Nu. He's a solid zoner and he does some really execution heavy combos at times. Some of these combos make me feel that Nu won't be that effective online at all and you will mostly see players only sticking to Dia mode and spamming drive.

In terms of overall rank, how high is Protos compared to other characters?

I can't really understand that, but it looks like he's at least within top 30-50 or so. That's pretty good. I believe he'll keep getting better.

He is 37th.

And look at Taokaka taking the top 3 spots. You can tell that will be a great match-up in CP.

Yeah, it could be interesting. I still think it might be slightly better this time around than previous iterations, save for BBCT.

But 37th isn't that bad honestly. If he's 15th Dan, that means he's tied even with the top 20 players. He just needs that 16th Dan. Let's pray he doesn't run into an arcade full of Haz/Tao/Valk players.

It's a great rank, but it's not absolutely exceptional. We have to remember that Nu isn't as strong/solid as some of the other characters, and that she was released later. Where a player plays also has to do with it, which is why someone like Naga can win a large % of his matches, and be at a deceivingly high Dan. It's not only Naga, though. I think quite a few of the top ranked Nu players are like that. It can't be helped, of course.

He's the #1 Ranked Nu right now. IMO, that's more important than him being at 15th Dan. Ignoring the fact that rank doesn't necessarily indicate skill, it's still a good rough guideline.

According to this post, Konan, one of the top Tsubaki players (and arguably the best) had been at 15th Dan, then dropped to 12th, and then to 9th.

Considering that Yoshiki and Tsukasa have been at the top since CS2 (arguably CS1 as well), that Naga's also been around the top since CS2, and that Protos has been the best Lambda/Nu since CS2, I don't think ranking is that important.

So although it's a nice coincidence that Protos (considered the best Lambda/Nu by pretty much all Japanese Lambda's/Nu's) is the #1 Ranked Nu, his rank doesn't really matter since we think he's good, or think he's the best Nu.

It's fun to keep track of it and discuss, though, which is why I bring it up occasionally.

If I'm not mistaken, Ryuujinx is a fellow Lambda main who plays in Texas. I'm not sure if he has CSE for the PS3, though... It wouldn't hurt to PM him and arrange for some online matches, or any other of the Lambda players that can play online on the PS3.

I have CSE on PS3. I bought the PS3 version on amazon, then it came out and I wanted to play it that day so I went to gamestop and bought my 360 copy.

I am not a very patient person. :|

What does everyone think about the new Nu so far? I still miss the old one in some ways but I was just curious about everyone's thoughts so far.

I'm not sure yet. I'll try her out and see if I still like her, if not then I'll try Bullet and the other new people or just switch entirely to Platinum.

She seems the same to me. Her bad match ups are the same. Her good match ups are the same, they just added Azrael and Bullet to the list. They played it safe with her. If anything she looks really complicated to use now and that's what I'm most worried about.

Personally, I think she looks even better than her CT, CS, CS2, and CSEX counter parts.

She seems the same to me. Her bad match ups are the same. Her good match ups are the same, they just added Azrael and Bullet to the list. They played it safe with her. If anything she looks really complicated to use now and that's what I'm most worried about.

I beg to differ. I say her "Bad match ups" have actually gotten better since now we have more flexibility with zoning/combos/pressure/Etc.

And I shed a tear for our already good match ups.

Though, I will agree with you on one point. She does indeed look really complicated.... perhaps she's not AS complicated as she looks, but only time will tell.

The "better than CT nu" part was a joke, right?

An over exaggeration on my part I admit.Though, we DO have more tools than CT Nu, so I think in a way [Not damage wise of course] CP Nu is a tad stronger.

An over exaggeration on my part I admit.Though, we DO have more tools than CT Nu, so I think in a way [Not damage wise of course] CP Nu is a tad stronger.

I'm not really sure about her either myself. CT Nu was definitely stronger. You could literally derp out 6k with her is most matches, I was also worried about the complication as well because I use pad. That's why I'm not sure if I'm learning her yet.

Time will tell though.