Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Guard primers definitely hurt lambda (nu now) but she is still one of the best zoners in the game. It will not be easy to hit her even in cp, and she's still very good at keeping momentum and punishing mistakes.

Guard primers definitely hurt lambda (nu now) but she is still one of the best zoners in the game. It will not be easy to hit her even in cp, and she's still very good at keeping momentum and punishing mistakes.

^My thoughts exactly.

I'd honestly say that Nu has become even better at the things she already excels at, Zoning/Keep Away/Okizeme/Etc etc. It's just that now she'll have to work a bit harder to get the match in her favor.

^My thoughts exactly.

I'd honestly say that Nu has become even better at the things she already excels at, Zoning/Keep Away/Okizeme/Etc etc. It's just that now she'll have to work a bit harder to get the match in her favor.

Yeah. Guessing there will probably be more tension in this match based around life totals for time out.

A change was much needed.

Seems to me that CP Nu makes it easier for players to find out which playstyle they prefer, while also encouraging experimentation and mixing up stuff.

Finally started getting a bit tired of CSEX lambda, can't wait for Nu.

That might be true, and I haven't really watched much of Nu in CP, but it seems to me like much of her threats at range are gone. I'm not sure what the new things are to make players desperate to get in with her unable to put out a random wheel of ungodly frame advantage into ungodly quick overhead, or with guard primers gone. Better at zoning? Well it's all relative to risk and reward. Maybe she's better at zoning but it doesn't look like I'll have to take as many risks against her. I dunno.

Maybe this is a good time to look at some Lambda vs Tsub/Mak matches to see if the matchup will be as infuriating as EX.

In my opinion, risk vs reward wise, Nu is at an advantage compared to Lambda when it comes to zoning. Since her wheel is pretty safe when she's at full range, and it hits low, but she won't get a lot of damage from it. Match-up wise versus Mak/Tsub, I'd say those two will still have a lot of difficulty getting in. It might be worse for them, or more annoying, because she can spam gravity a lot more, and stuff bad IADs with ease. Basically, she'll just be really annoying to fight against if you're not someone like Hazama or Tao.

I actually need to review some of the combos she has now because there are quite a few now. It will be fun relearning Nu/Lambda. Though, I may make her my sub in CP if that new fellow turns out to be a charge character. Mitsuru's style is pretty fun.

Guys, teach me CP Nu in 2 days. the convention I'm going to this week has BBCP and a tourney for it.

Also anything you guys want me to try out there?

Guys, teach me CP Nu in 2 days. the convention I'm going to this week has BBCP and a tourney for it.

Also anything you guys want me to try out there?

Mashing 4b is even more amazing in CP

wait a sec, no posts in 2 months? wow!

Im importing CP, and lol 4B sucks in CP now. That 9-frame first hit is godly. It's 1 frame slower than 2B and has slightly more range IIRC, nothing like 4Bing a deadspike and getting a 4K combo off of it. (You need to IB ragna's 5B and microdash the 4B or you need a lagspike to slow the deadspike input. One of the two)

So which of you guys are importing CP? You guys are gonna be our source of info until the US release date.

I'm thinking about getting it. I don't know though. I'm not very fluent in Japanese.

Im importing CP, and lol 4B sucks in CP now. That 9-frame first hit is godly. It's 1 frame slower than 2B and has slightly more range IIRC, nothing like 4Bing a deadspike and getting a 4K combo off of it. (You need to IB ragna's 5B and microdash the 4B or you need a lagspike to slow the deadspike input. One of the two)

Yeah, a lot of people will miss the old 4B. The new one is pretty interesting though. I can't wait :)

I'm thinking about getting it. I don't know though. I'm not very fluent in Japanese.

I won't be getting an import sadly, since I am actually interested in the story, and can't read/speak/understand a lick of Japanese. :(

Yeah, a lot of people will miss the old 4B. The new one is pretty interesting though. I can't wait :)

Personally, I find that the new 4B is a bit more... convenient, for lack of a better word. I mean, being able to do Nu's combos and set-ups without need of spacing 4B so that the first hit wiffs will make Nu much more noobie-friendly, and I believe that many of the pros will be happy with it as well, since it actually seems a bit more usable in Block-Strings and the such. :)

Still prefer the old 4B over the new one. 17 frame overhead that I have to space out is still better to me than a 23 frame overhead.

Moving on, about the video Kurushii posted

I don't know if this is worth anything, but I saw it on nico:

【BBCP】ν-13 Cシックル表当てネタ+コンボ

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21939097

The reverse sickle storm into CT oki he did doesn't seem that legit. It looks like Ragna could have easily jump out, if not 5B'd Nu on reaction to it. SWD will probably test it out for us since this seems like something he would love to do.

it looks cool but yeah its only a gimmick, ragna could probably even gauntlet hades or scythe out of it since there is a large gap between ragna teching and the sickle hitting. Maybe if you could set up a higher supra rage hit, it would work better. (less time between tech and sickle)

Of course I will be using that myself since I'm all about flashy stuff.

The reverse sickle storm into CT oki he did doesn't seem that legit. It looks like Ragna could have easily jump out, if not 5B'd Nu on reaction to it. SWD will probably test it out for us since this seems like something he would love to do.

it looks cool but yeah its only a gimmick, ragna could probably even gauntlet hades or scythe out of it since there is a large gap between ragna teching and the sickle hitting. Maybe if you could set up a higher supra rage hit, it would work better. (less time between tech and sickle)

Well, it may not work well against Ragna (Assuming the Ragna can react to it quickly enough and/or has psychic powers XD), but I could see it work on some Characters that don't have DPs/can't handle Gimmicks well such as; Litchi (Though, she has a DP, it doesn't actually move her, so she may still get it by it.) Tager (If I remember correctly, none of his Super Armored moves can handle Lows, projectile or otherwise.), and Tao (Since without Meter, she's a sitting duck when it comes to Okizemes.) :yaaay:

Of course I will be using that myself since I'm all about flashy stuff.

Why do I get the feeling that you'll inevitably come up with something even flashier later down the line? XD

Change the ending to 6DD>2DD>623C

then the oki should work. This gives me so many ideas though. just 26 more days :v

Huh I just got an idea for CSE based off of CP tech. I'll test it in a bit.

Also, how do you guys want the Nu wiki's combo section laid out? Do you just want optimal combos there or would you also want beginner mode combos on there as well?

Personally, I find that it would be best to have both the Optimal and Beginner Mode combos, I mean, there's not much reason to not have them both, and with Beginner Mode combos on there, newer players won't feel so "Oh, my god! I have to do X and Y to do what?!"

Makes sense.

Also the CP match-up threads are up. Don't post in them. Hex will lock them when he gets the time and they will be locked until sometime after CP drops so more people actually have experience before they try to discuss strategies and tactics for a matchup.

I would put a small section for beginner combos at the beginning, but not mix them in with the advanced combos. I know from experience that many people I directed to dustloop combo threads get easily confused and overwhelmed if the beginner combos are mixed in with the advanced combos, even if they are still individually labeled as beginner combos

I would say something like this:

---

overview

---

---

Character Specific Links

---

5A

[start Mode](combo1){Meter Gain/Meter Use}[End Mode](Damage)

[start Mode](combo2){Meter Gain/Meter Use}[End Mode](Damage)

ect....

2A

(same as above)

and so on.

Also have the mods insert me a post right after the opening posts so I can easily add in all of the flashy unoptimal stuff I come up with :3

I was talking about our wiki page, not the combo thread. The wiki page wouldn't have as many combos or be as detailed as the combo thread.

As for the combo thread, I assume Overheat (if he comes back) or Hex will make it conform to whatever way that the mods would like it.

So, I was pondering a few things about Chrono Phantasma, and in my musings, I came up with this combo:

(In Dia Forma)5D>(TK)214D>3C>22A>3C>214A>(TK)214D>6A>6C>236C>66>5C>2C>623C.

How is this? Is there anything keeping this combo from working? And is it at all optimal?