Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

I'm just going by what I saw haki. Unless lambda sickle now auto chooses a direction for you, then that's the only explanation for seeing a lambda sickle rotating in her direction.

Honestly though, I think a lot of Nu is going to be finding combo routes that get you to luna early on and Dia near the end, to optimize damage and set yourself up for your next zoning attempts.

Hm, interesting. Do you have a video link with it by any chance?

They weren't in OD, right?

nah, they weren't in od. And it was the only Nu that played in the game-carnival stream. If they archive those videos or someone managed to rip that segment, it's in there.

I think it's safe to assume that Nu has the de facto best overhead in the game. It was fast before with proper set up, but now you don't even need to anymore!

I think it's safe to assume that Nu has the de facto best overhead in the game. It was fast before with proper set up, but now you don't even need to anymore!

They increased the start-up of the overhead to compensate for the fact skill will no longer be required to use it. I think TK Crescent might be the faster overhead, or a close-tie.

They increased the start-up of the overhead to compensate for the fact skill will no longer be required to use it. I think TK Crescent might be the faster overhead, or a close-tie.

It does look slower, but as long as it has lower body invincibility and can be linked into from 2B/5C, she'll be fine. Also, love the fact that 4B/3C can lead into 2k damage or full screen push. TK (or combo into low air) Crescent can also be combo'd from without meter.

I think it depends on the form if Crescent can be followed up without meter. I can't remember which off the top of my head though. For 4B starter, I think they may have to mode change after to get into Luna mode so they can get a gravity combo. I was thinking something like 4B > mode change > 2DD > gravity > stuff. From the videos I've watched of Nu, none of the players used gravity, so I can't say how much damage it would add to combos, and they also rarely went into Luna form.

4B/3C is still pretty nice 50/50 mixup now that Nu has a legit, easier overhead at her disposal. I think some of the Nu players aren't used to 4B yet, they keep trying to space it with 5C, and it whiffs because of barrier.

Just a few questions...

Can 4D still link into 4B in Dia or Luna mode?

Also, is Luna mode only useful in combos? Because I've not yet seen anyone utilize it outside of combos.

Luna can be followed up meterless, but Dia can't.

I also read from haki transcriptions that someone managed to get 4.5k using Gravity Seed and a Crush Trigger from a 5B in Luna mode, so there definitely seems to be some good potential with that move.

Just a few questions...

Can 4D still link into 4B in Dia or Luna mode?

Also, is Luna mode only useful in combos? Because I've not yet seen anyone utilize it outside of combos.

Yes, 4DD > 4B still works.

I don't want to say too much on how the two modes should be used, but it does seem like Luna mode is more combo-orientated. Whether or not it can be used for anything is up in the air until people learn Nu better, but it doesn't seem like it can be as of yet.

Luna can be followed up meterless, but Dia can't.

I also read from haki transcriptions that someone managed to get 4.5k using Gravity Seed and a Crush Trigger from a 5B in Luna mode, so there definitely seems to be some good potential with that move.

Oh yeah, I do remember reading that 2DD > CT can work in combos. That sounds really fun. Sounds possible that if gravity is spent, CT is a good alternative to get good damage.

I hope it doesn't have repeat proration since multiple CT combos sound like they'd be pretty cool.

Oh, and I lied about [ν]Cresent Saber not being able to be followed up meterless. Seems we've got the ol' 3C pick-up back.

[ν]Throw > 2DD > IAD j.C > j.2C > j.214D > 663C > 22A > 3C > 236B worked in that stream archive Durkslag posted.

I wonder if Crush Triggers have positive proration? It might have SMP if it does have positive proration.

Crust Trigger loop? I could see it being possible if 5C can cancel into CT, seeing as there's no evidence that 5C has repeat and counts as one hit. I saw a lot of 3C > mode change loops. Well not a loop, but he did it a few times to get corner carry, I thought it was awesome.

More stuff~

26 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 22:01:31 ID:XbXX892E0

The combos are too hard!

The easiest one that goes into down is

2B>5B>5C>2C>3C>6C>Sickle for about 2000.

I'm still not used to her controls, so I'm stuck using this sort of lame combo.

It's not something you gentlemen here would need, right?

Also, Throw>6D>2D>JDD>J2DD>JDD>J2DD>Crescent does about 2500.

39 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 22:22:21 ID:xvj7U18M0

Is Supra head invuln?

It was completely useless for getting out of ground pressure.

42 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 22:33:41 ID:mUfo3Cvg0

Corner Crescent rc combo:

(Λ mode)Crescent>rc>5C>6C>Cavalier>2C>(jc)>J5C>J2C>(jc)>J5C>J2C>Crescent, damage is around 4000.

If you do all hits of the aerial, it becomes techable on the finishing Crescent. It was untechable at 47 hits.

44 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 22:36:34 ID:Xw7PR.2k0

Cavalier>5c>6c>Sickle>ct>5c>4b>2d>Aerial

Does 6500 with Calamity ender.

Fairly mediocre considering the meter cost.

Things learned today:

5Cch>Cavalier combos, but 5Dch>Cavalier doesn't.

Standing hit Blade>rc>Cavalier combos.

Crescent>rc>5C timing is very strict.

3C>Gravity>5C>6C>Cavalier combos.

46 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 22:46:21 ID:.kEIu.K60

The combo posted in >>977 from the previous thread looked good and damaging, but Sickle>FL>5C was too hard so here's a simplified version.

Dia 2B>3C>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra>FL>2DD>tk Crescent (does around 3100 damage)

I wonder if the one in >>977 won't work off a corner Luna throw>low 5C pickup instead...

47 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 22:48:10 ID:qKDUphPM0

I was able to do the JDD>2DD>Crescent cancel>JDD>2DD from the last thread (ν mode only of course)

It did about 3000 from Spike, I think.

48 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 22:57:32 ID:CnoalHTgO

ν and Λ Spike counts as the same move for repeat proration.

49 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 23:03:17 ID:zsgkDrBI0

>>42 Crescent was untechable for 49 hits. It became techable for 50 hits.

Max damage is 4100.

50 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 23:14:29 ID:issw../Y0

4B>2DD>low airdashJC>J2C>Crescent>land>3C seems to connect.

52 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 23:15:37 ID:NOmmFJ.s0

JC>J2C>2DD seems easier to connect with than before.

Throw or 4B>2DD>JC>J2C>2DD>Aerial>Crescent is fairly reliable.

53 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 23:18:34 ID:2tYlyO0E0

>>52

The angle change on 2D is just right for it, isnt' it?

55 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 23:27:45 ID:3AuIOGzM0

In Λ mode:3C>A Gravity>6A>6C>Cavalier(wall-stick)>4B>2DD>JC>J2C>jc>JDD>J2DD>Crescent

The old-style combo above worked.

It feels like we might be able to do 2DD>Crescent>6DD, but I'm not sure.

(Damage taken out because he remembered incorrectly. 3700 maybe?)

60 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 23:41:09 ID:y.Mak1r.0

Luna mode midscreen to corner

5B>3C>A Gravity>microdash 6A>4B>2DD>CT>Cavalier(corner reached)>Aerial

This did around 4500.

61 :名無しさん:2012/11/28(水) 23:48:20 ID:cCVU/zuM0

From midscreen with the opponent towards the wall,

Luna 5DD>Blade>FL>5DD>Sickle>FL>5DD~~

was very useful today.

I thought Luna mode might have better pressure in the corner, but 4B was the only reliable overhead.

A simple no-FL combo from Luna 4B>2DD>6C>Sickle>Spike>Cavalier>6A>Supra>2DD>Crescent did around 4k.

It can probably go higher with meter.

Not being able to match Tager's Sledge with appropriate risk/return is making me tear my hair out.

Not having any good damage sources from Dia 5DD sucks as well.

The 3C ender to delayed Sickle gimmick from CT worked surprisingly often, but that's probably just for now.

70 :名無しさん:2012/11/29(木) 00:13:32 ID:pDx2ZwNE0

CT animation stabs them from above and below with her 8 swords in something that looks similar to a bite.

Staggers on ground hit and does an small emergency untechable wall bounce on air hit, regardless of screen position. Air hit untechable time is especially long.

Connects from Dia Forma 3C for good damage.

72 :名無しさん:2012/11/29(木) 00:18:15 ID:yeUrrP9.0

Some combo parts. I mostly did them in Dia form, but I think all except the last can be done in both forms.

Launch>5DD>4DD>FL>5DD>4DD>FL>pick up with normals

Launch>5DD>4DD>FL>6DD>2DD>4B>2DD>Aerial

Launch>5DD>6DD>2DD>FL>2DD>4B>2DD>Aerial

2B>2C>5C>3C>C Sickle>FL>6B>5C>4B>2DD>Aerial

The last one did about 3200 from 2B midscreen, but it's probably character specific.

Launching with 3C and hitting them high with Sickle doesn't work on smaller characters.

The parts above after FL can be used from Spike, etc, to switch to Luna when you're going for more damage.

It goes into 4B, so it probably does more than the alternatives.

78 :名無しさん:2012/11/29(木) 00:39:30 ID:kYHjgaF.0

From midrange, you can do J2DD>Air forward Parser>JB or JC as an overhead.

82 :名無しさん:2012/11/29(木) 01:07:20 ID:7HAVVR1g0

In the corner,

5DD>Blade>FL>5DD(or6DD)>Sickle>FL>5DD>2DD>6C>~

Timing for FL after Sickle is pretty severe, but it looks cool.

Damage was around 3000~3500 I think?

84 :名無しさん:2012/11/29(木) 01:13:32 ID:N16y5olo0

In Luna mode near corner,

2B>2C>5C>Blade>RC>Spike>dash 6A>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>6A>Supra does around 3800.

For 50% meter and using all specials, it doesn't do very much, does it...I wonder where it's getting clobbered by proration.

85 :名無しさん:2012/11/29(木) 01:14:12 ID:k55Ub.0Q0

>>82 After the Blade>FL, going straight into Sickle works too.

I didn't investigate too deeply, but 5DD>Blade>FL>Sickle>FL>5DD>2DD>6C>Cavalier>Supra>6A>Crescent did 3600.

Dia 2B>2C>5C>3C>C Sickle>FL>6B>5C>4B>2DD>Aerial works? lolwat? i must see this. getting close range damage without 4b, gravity, or meter sounds really nice. Now we just need to find some way to make Dia be the form we wanna be in out of combo.

So apparently Act Parser in Nu form works from all D moves and 6C now?

At least that seems to be what people are saying.

So 5/4/6/2/D/D and J/J2/D/D.

If they aren't pulling our legs, think of all the possibilities @_@

So apparently Act Parser in Nu form works from all D moves and 6C now?

At least that seems to be what people are saying.

So 5/4/6/2/D/D and J/J2/D/D.

If they aren't pulling our legs, think of all the possibilities @_@

I remember it working off 5C back in the CT days. If it works off 6C, that would be nice. The coverage of her Act Parser in Dia mode is pretty great. Seems simple to cross over and be at the right distance to land a 4B or something.

The air act parser has shorter range, but I can see it being useful. I read a combo from that thread haki translated that went like j.2DD > parser > j.C, if they're mid-range. Maybe j.2DD > parser > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > air stuff works. Would be an interesting alternative to the j.2DD > crescent thing. Plus the air act parser can be used to prevent herself from landing, say if the person knows she'll do j.DD > crescent, she can act parser back and do j.2DD again.

I'm imagining that if you fall low enough with something like J2DD>delay JDD>(blocked, now close to ground), maybe you could cross through with air Parser and then go for an ambiguous low/high/throw? Assuming Parser goes far enough of course, I haven't actually seen it yet.

Yeah none of the videos I uploaded had Nu use it. Didn't even get to see crush trigger. But if they're close enough with j.2DD, you can probably do j.B. I feel that j.B may have gotten slightly longer in range, I'm probably seeing things though.

Something interesting would be say j.D or j.2D and act parser for an air throw if they're in the air and they block. Oh and I saw that 214D wall sticks in Luna mode from one of those videos.