Sign in to follow this  
Cirno

[CP] Platinum Critique Thread

BBCP_Header_Critique_Thread.png

Whether you're struggling and need some advice, or if you've recently played in a tourney and want some reception, feel free to post footage of your play to receive some constructive criticism!

new game, new thread, even though we can't play it yet w

Edited by Cirno

Super audio desync. I need new capture software. Just turn the volume all the way down pretty much.

this was my first time fighting a decent Rachel in a long set. And the view is pretty small. I hate my current capture software :v Gomen

Super audio desync. I need new capture software. Just turn the volume all the way down pretty much.

this was my first time fighting a decent Rachel in a long set. And the view is pretty small. I hate my current capture software :v Gomen

-you're playing waaay too defensive. platinum vs rachel is a pretty bad matchup, but if you never attempt to do anything, you're never going to get anything.

-less 6C in your blockstrings, it leaves you in a position you can only do two things (j.c or jump) and thus is really easy to counter.

-you have j.C syndrome. i had it too and it's a really easy bad habit to get into, because platinum's j.c is so nice and long and has such long hitstun (or did,lol) that it's tempting to make it your sole approach, but you end up jumping around a loot more than you need to. try feeling your opponent out with a well-spaced 5b, 2b, or dash-in 3c.

overall you're just too defensive and too jump-happy, i'd say. it might just be because you were fighting a rachel and didn't want to get locked down on the ground, but it's really important not to be so predictable in how you play. platinum's normals are not the best in the world, but you need to make the other player respect what options you have. that rachel just went to town on you with no fear because you were constantly letting him (jumping around making your options predictable, not ever really attempting to poke out of blockstrings in the corner, always approaching the same way so he could peg you with projectiles easily)

Yeah, I had no idea what to do really and you're right. The times I just decided to try my best to RTSD I think I'd won pretty well. There was a match where I decided to just not give her room to breath to the best of my abilities and she didn't get to set up.

Those 6C's in strings were sometimes misinputs and other times intentional. I wanted to see if she'd press any sort of button there. Either way, I'll note that it's not very good. I know that already since I normally get AA'd out of it or I lose my pressure.

You're exactly right about my playstyle there. I didn't wanna get lockdown so I was jumping since I felt like it was my only real option. I didn't wanna mash since I don't know where the gaps were. Though I remember a time or two where I mashed and got results. I don't really know what to respect and to disrespect on Rachel's strings. I specifically remember a time during that set where I had bat and was forced to block about 6 overheads. I was mashing bat during that and it was airtight.

I'll try to work on everything you've said. I've had this J.C syndrome forever haha. It's really something I should work on.

Thanks for the advice.

My Platinum match starts at 2min50s (old footage 18.11.2013) I have been improved more as her though since dropped Kokonoe and focussed Platinum + Bullet. My gameplan has slightly different than in video (abused slighty her command grab and counters in video), but mostly is samelike as her. I have been improved my combos (practiced many new routes). What else I need to improve? I think my blockstring is quite predictable and it's too repetitive.

I can do atm Platinum's instant overhead with swallow moon j.b, air blockstring into swallow moon j.b/j.c/j.d, all mami and persia combo routes, missile and bomb loops. Edited by wauhti

j.C is a great air poke, but personally I think j.b is often a lot better choice, especially when relatively near the opponent. You can see some of the ways it can be used if you watch Daiwas BBCP matches 5:10 -> 5:25. The IAD > J.b > j.b is one of my personal favourites and it's mixup j.b > swallow moon > j.b is pretty whacky as well. This might help you mix up your pressure a bit as well. j.a, j.b, j.c and j.2C are all good tools for jump pressure.

Personally I think you are using way too much CDT, I find it only good as reversal and most of the time you get better damage and advantage in the match just by spending your meter to item upgrade or RC'ing Mami Circular to all kinds of nasty stuff. Treasure chests are good but mostly if they are under or behind you as this way they will protect you by breaking combos heading in to that direction since they won't disappear. In the air CDT ender seems a bit unorthodox tough, most of the time I see people use it after 3C.

You seem to jump a lot as well in few of those matches, this somewhat leaves Platinums excellent 66 > 2B, 5A/2A stagger pressure, and anti-air options underused. Might be to opponent only tough, as Jins projectiles seem nasty and haven't faced a good Jin yet.

Edited by Seiska

if you mean 3C > 236AA~B > sj.C then your problem is probably not delaying the last hit in air persia.

If you don't delay it, the opponent get's enough time to tech before sj.c

[Edit] @CakeWasBanned yes, thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Seiska
corrected, see below

if you mean 3C > 214AA~B > sj.C then your problem is probably not delaying the last hit in air persia.

If you don't delay it, the opponent get's enough time to tech before sj.c

214AA~B? you mean 236AA~B

Sign in to follow this