Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

I miss the days when Tagers ruled the arcades on the first week of the new game's release, I want to see him doing good.

I miss the days when Tagers ruled the arcades on the first week of the new game's release, I want to see him doing good.

At the LOOP岡崎店 tournament tonight, 4 out of the top 6 were Tagers... >w>

Yeah, I saw some of the last matches there. I like when the world proves me wrong, especially when it involves Tager mirrors and King of Tager in the finals.

Yep been watching Tager closely. I see that he is gonna end up in the same fashion as last game. He can't beat Tao, he won't beat Valk, and once the murakumo's are added back in....it's back to that bs again. It is early but after watching how he deals with his bad matchups.....its sad to say that it will be the same and we will see timeouts AGAIN. Magnetism still has a not good enough effect on the opponents that move around a lot. Tager is still good but that is all he will ever be. If you don't believe it.......you will soon enough. Once again the tools Tager gets are so last game ago.

Remove head invul on 2C but gave it more untech time on regular hit.

Now our not so good anti air is CT status but is better for combos...but it's CT status.

Guys how am I suppose to feel about this?

Dunno why ASW feels this need to give us something but at the same time take away other good stuff.

Right now, some of the changes do sound interesting, but there are other things that come with them that i don't really know what to think :/ is like they are really afraid of making him to good, so they never really give him tools that are 100% solid and force him to rely a lot of his gimmicky magnetism that doesnt really help him on his worst matchups.

Well Tager's combo paths got completely re-routed again damage seems quite good but our neutral game seems to have nothing new or clever to show for it.Also apparently we have these things called "Jump cancels" now, dunno wtf that's all about though.

Fat chance the new hit stun on 2C will do for us if it's going to get stuffed all the time. Tager's in a worse AA situation than Kanji now. :/ Meanwhile, Bullet has Chie's 2B which I saw beat Ragna's j.C clean.

Remove head invul on 2C but gave it more untech time on regular hit.

Now our not so good anti air is CT status but is better for combos...but it's CT status.

Guys how am I suppose to feel about this?

2C never felt like it had head invul anyway.

Yeah, that's sorta how I felt. At least now I won't be fooled into trying to get a clean anti air hit out of it.

It felt like it had head invuln.. until active frames started. So it always traded.

Not that the FC you got off it made that a bad thing.

Anyway, Tager looks a bit more consistent than EX, and this game doesn't look a lot better than uh... any BB I guess. I might play it for kicks though.

I uploaded the clip for those that are to lazy to check the stream BBCP Tager 6a

The startup on 6a looks alot faster to me. if you frame step the video Tager doesn't even start 6a untill after makoto starts her dash. I dont see how that dash attack of makotos can be slower than 19 frames if her 5B is still only 9 frames startup. If so this would make super armored 6a not suck and be worth using. In extend i remember always getting stuffed before the slow super armor activated if i tried to use 6A at that close of range to counter an attack. What do you guys think?

I know it has nothing to do with gameplay, but that diagonal Spark Bolt looks awful. They didn't even bother to draw like the 3 angled-back shot frames he needed. Ah well.

I wonder if 2C xx XYH, 5C works now.

The 6A absorbed multiple hits as well. Wow.

It always could do that, I think it collapses after taking 1000 damage (1000 after the super-armour halves it, that is). Unless they've changed it in CP which seems entirely plausible.

EDIT (ninja'd by Mike Z): I think the animation for 623D is fine. I like the way you only get a different animation after the bolt launches, I'd rather not give any clues about where that bolt's going during the startup.

Yeah, I thought he did lean back more for diagonal spark?

From what I can see, he does, but only after the launch. And even then only subtly.

Also caught a good bit of his modified theme tune. Getting a more imperial vibe to the whole affair. In fact, I'm getting that about all of the tracks I'm hearing.

Hey man, I'm just happy to see somebody being legit effective with Tager again. But yeah the CH j2C bounce was ridiculous. Then again Rachel's j2C does the same crap, basically.

I always did get annoyed when I'd counter with j2C and STILL not pick up a combo. Problem: SOLVED.

At a bit after the 1 minute mark in that video, Tager gets a fatal 2C. What was Ragna doing? Somebody said it was a 6D but that seems like an odd thing to do that late into Tager's wakeup.

I know it has nothing to do with gameplay, but that diagonal Spark Bolt looks awful. They didn't even bother to draw like the 3 angled-back shot frames he needed. Ah well.

I wonder if 2C xx XYH, 5C works now.

I barely noticed a change in animation.

They have such a dislike for Tager.

Hmmm I haven't heard if 2C xx XYH 5C works but I doubt it.

As an animation aficionado i agree that the diagonal SB looks poorly done, but as manta said, i like that it doesn't give visual cues of what sb is being used until it has been launched.

edit

what is XYH?:?: