Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

Even more than that:

-No good approach or mobility tools

-Magnetism doesn't even remotely fill that gap

I can't help but feel like that's his basic problem, more than anything else. It's pathetic that he can't pull vulnerable opponents who are on the ground and magnetized just because they happen to be in the middle of certain moves. They fucked up his gimmick and they're never going to fix it.

Didn't somebody say that Bullet's drive used to be a prototype for Tager's drive? You don't see her wacky-ring failing because some old fart decided to turn into a flying dog. Ugh.

Also, didn't Potemkin become a solid character at the same time as he got Hammer Fall Break, giving him a decent command dash-y option? While he'd still have the issue of not being able to pull opponents at certain times, I do think it'd be nice if Tager had a move where he could cancel his pull. Like, 6A or something.

Of course he'd also have to get mag first...

augh he's just too terrible.

Is this when we're supposed to ask for Hammer Break?

nu

mu

tao

hazama

valk

amane

litchi

did i forget any

You forgot Rachel, Arakune, and Carl. Izayoi is around the corner, who knows whether she'll make the list.

Might as well put Tager in blue tights so we can make jokes about his E- rank luck.

You need to ask for Murakumo Izayoi Tager.

Just wait and see that Kokonoe is going to be playable while riding Golden Tager 9000, showing all those zoner bullies who's the boss.

Boo hoo A grappler has bad match ups that's never happened before. Magnets have always been goofy, and we've usually been the worst character in the game. We're better than in CS which was better than CT. If you didn't quit by now I don't see why you'd suddenly give up.

Hammerfall without the break would be aight.

Make it safe ish. But adding a break would be silly as hell.

HFB > 720.

Hammerfall break isn't what made potemkin solid btw. He got it multiple games before he got mid tier. He had a long slow climb from the low tiers.

Hammerfall break isn't what made potemkin solid btw. He got it multiple games before he got mid tier. He had a long slow climb from the low tiers.

Ah, well that's actually a bit heartening.

Well, except for the recent nerfs.

Is he even fun.

Well, he's a huge guy who mangles the fuck out of people, which is the reason I played as him to start with. Complete with "stand here get thrown/jump get heat knuckled" mindgames. So yeah, I'd say so.

Oh and don't forget legit oki because people don't roll around like tumbleweeds in GG.

Is he even fun.
Yes. You have tons of options compared to other grapplers. He's getting nerfed because he had too much cool stuff. Unblockable set ups, dizzy combos, massive meter gain, legit anti air, really strong oki and good combos off of almost everything. His meter goes up a lot when he walks forward. Hammerfall break made block strings variable and resetable, and air pot buster combos just make you feel cool. His backdash is vulnerable for only 1 frame and he is really really threatening when he's next to you. He gives you so much more than any other grappler.

I figure. It's just that the videos I watch of him are always just the same thing, he does some Buster move and then hits them again into oki xN, match over. zzzzzzz

I figure. It's just that the videos I watch of him are always just the same thing, he does some Buster move and then hits them again into oki xN, match over. zzzzzzz
So it is boring because his mix up is really really good? What sounds fun to you?

Well, if he's just an unstoppable monster then it's boring. Might as well play Nu.

Although I guess playing Nu is fun too when you just want pure brokenness.

Tager is more hype to me because when he actually lands a 360 you know that it's a big deal.

You could sum any character up as "you want to do X thing." This seems kinda unfair chaos.

To quote a relevant passage from the "When All You Have Is A Hammer" page on TVTropes:

"A partial justification is that there are many ways to arrive at what looks like the same conclusion. For example, all of General Patton's strategies were elaborate ways to shoot stuff with tanks, and all successful modern infantry tactics ends the same way: 'and then we shoot them/call in the artillery.'"

Nah, you're right, it's not like I play Guilty Gear; if I was familiar with all the nuances of the game I would probably find it super interesting. I just mean watching the videos trying to get interested, I just get bored with the Potemkin matches. The ones I see he always does that unblockable setup over and over and wins.

Boo hoo A grappler has bad match ups that's never happened before. Magnets have always been goofy, and we've usually been the worst character in the game. We're better than in CS which was better than CT. If you didn't quit by now I don't see why you'd suddenly give up.

I don't want to change characters, I just wish Tager were in full body tights.

Nah, you're right, it's not like I play Guilty Gear; if I was familiar with all the nuances of the game I would probably find it super interesting. I just mean watching the videos trying to get interested, I just get bored with the Potemkin matches. The ones I see he always does that unblockable setup over and over and wins.
Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I've only seen that happen once and it was against a baiken who would have had to reversal backdash a meaty unblockable slidehead and got wrecked trying to figure that out.

I wonder if Tager would be good with his CP form if he could just spark bolt much more often and if 6a was a little faster uncharged with head invul. Ah well, I feel bad for him since every game he ends up not good and he has such a cool character design with the whole magnetism thing.

I wonder if Tager would be good with his CP form if he could just spark bolt much more often and if 6a was a little faster uncharged with head invul. Ah well, I feel bad for him since every game he ends up not good and he has such a cool character design with the whole magnetism thing.

If they made those changes he would actually be good lol. Have yet to play this game obviously cause i don't live in japan. But so far it looks to me that he works better than in extend. The only thing that i don't like is how little damage you get of a AC outside of the corner. This character will always have problems though, cause like half the cast is most likely always gonna be a bad matchup for us.