Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel Combo Thread

More from the same vid, had to keep checking if this wasn't posted.

http://youtu.be/dOUSJlh9gm4?t=3h14m44s

Corner

CH5C > 214A > 2C > frog > 5CC > 6A > 236B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > 4B > BBL DMG:5786 w/ 1 pole there already

http://youtu.be/dOUSJlh9gm4?t=3h44m8s DMG:5506 no pole

He did use wind on the first 5C but that's just to get in range to punish the DP

Did he really just go undefeated for three hours and twenty fucking minutes straight? #praiseN-O orz

Anyways, pumpkin and frog oki at the same time is always nice. And 5cd with lotus (and hopefully without too) seems like a good way to punish a DP and get a big ole fat combo off of it.

A new combo from N-O's twitter:

JAJB始動とかで5CC→ダッシュ5B6AAロベ→8D→6Aリリー→Aロベ→Aロベ8D→リリー

j.A > j.B > 5CC > dash 5B > 6A > 236A+8D > 6A > BBL > 236A > 236A+8D > BBL

100% meter for the kill. Damage unknown lol, gonna ask.

Did he forget a 5B before 5CC? I thought it wasn't possible to connect 5CC after a j.B, unless of course they're being zapped by frog.

Ya, corner. He probably forgot 5B. No reply yet.

Edit: ah I get it. He only said "starter such as j.A>j.B", left out the rest of the combo before the corner part but it turns out only 5B is missing

A new combo from N-O's twitter:

j.A > j.B > 5CC > dash 5B > 6A > 236A+8D > 6A > BBL > 236A > 236A+8D > BBL

100% meter for the kill. Damage unknown lol, gonna ask.

j.A > j.B > 5B > 5CC > dash 5B > 6A > 236A+8D > 6A > BBL > 236A > 236A+8D > BBL = 3570 damage

It is also crazy difficult to get the second 236A inbetween the two BBLs since as soon as they hit they will tech almost instantly from same move prorate. Basically he keeps winding them higher and higher so that the 236As don't hit or hit super delayed. When I got it the last 236A hit at exactly the same time as the BBL hit so the dummy didn't have time to tech.

BTW replacing the 236A + 8D at the end with 6A makes this combo a breeze and it still does 3473.

I am new to Rachel and wondering what type of combos should i go for in general (corner carry/oki/just do the one with higher damage)?

IMO your go-to in midscreen should be corner carry combos, or combos that end in j.2C pumpkin. Try not to use too much wind in your combos unless you're taking them to the corner, 1-2 wind is ideal. The most difficult part of learning Rachel is understanding her neutral game, so, you want to have plenty of opportunities to summon pumpkin with wind up in order to get used to how it feels. Play her a little bit lamer than usual while you're learning.

Some midscreen BBL combos, since I haven't seen those anywhere:

5B > 5CD > 3C > BBL > 236C > 66 6A > 4B > 66 5B > 6A > 214C > sj.BC > dj.BC > j.236A - 3616, +2 wind

5B > 5CD > 3C > BBL > 214A > 6A > 4B > (frog hits) > 66 5CC > 214B - 3481, + 1.5 wind

5B > 5CD > 3C > BBL > 214A > 236A > (frog hits) > 66 5B > 6A > 4B > 66 3C > 214B - 3411, +1.7 wind

(in corner) 5B > 5CD > 3C > BBL > 236A/B > 66 (switch sides) > 6A > 4B > 66 5CC (wall stick) > 66 > 3C > 214A - 3374, +1.5 wind

5B > 3C > OD will also work as a starter if you have no wind.

if you get a 5cc ender midscreen without using alot of wind, l fine 236a9d 22b to be a great setup for lotus.

IMO your go-to in midscreen should be corner carry combos, or combos that end in j.2C pumpkin. Try not to use too much wind in your combos unless you're taking them to the corner, 1-2 wind is ideal. The most difficult part of learning Rachel is understanding her neutral game, so, you want to have plenty of opportunities to summon pumpkin with wind up in order to get used to how it feels. Play her a little bit lamer than usual while you're learning.

I wouldn't really recommend j.2C > pumpkin over getting somebody on the ground and ending in 5CC > pumpkin and/or frog or even just 3C > stuff. The general idea of midscreen corner carry and ending combos in ways to get pumpkin/frog out is all there though. Rachel's damage is low generally, but her mix up and set ups make it so you'll get a ton of hits. Another thing is a lot of her combos she can keep doing on the ground to build wind back as she combos, so there's that too.

I wouldn't really recommend j.2C > pumpkin over getting somebody on the ground and ending in 5CC > pumpkin and/or frog or even just 3C > stuff. The general idea of midscreen corner carry and ending combos in ways to get pumpkin/frog out is all there though. Rachel's damage is low generally, but her mix up and set ups make it so you'll get a ton of hits. Another thing is a lot of her combos she can keep doing on the ground to build wind back as she combos, so there's that too.

Well, the main reason I recommend j.2C pumpkin to a beginner is because air enders are a lot easier to execute, and they deal more damage, so you won't need to rely quite as much on capitalizing from your oki. Ending in 5CC is definitely good if you want to play defensively. I think just picking one or two things as your default is a good idea when starting out though, because Rachel combos are like a sandbox of possibilities, and it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Actually max damage air combos are the way to go this version, being jb jc j236a if you need to finish the combo high in the air. Reason being the foe goes soaring now to full screen, complimenting 5cc's corner carry. You're also not sacrificing damage anymore, and you gain flexibility in that you can setup any summon while the opponent has to deal with the pole in front of him and your summon, while you reposition and gain wind.

Not to say j2c isn't alright, just should the foe take the pumpkin hit you won't get as damaging a combo as in cse. You'll still get a 5cc combo but in general you're not getting a huge reward unless you're willing to spend more wind for the chance.

All in all I really think j236a ender is good vs most people for the safety and the ability to get 2+ items over your opponent

Actually max damage air combos are the way to go this version, being jb jc j236a if you need to finish the combo high in the air. Reason being the foe goes soaring now to full screen, complimenting 5cc's corner carry. You're also not sacrificing damage anymore, and you gain flexibility in that you can setup any summon while the opponent has to deal with the pole in front of him and your summon, while you reposition and gain wind.

Not to say j2c isn't alright, just should the foe take the pumpkin hit you won't get as damaging a combo as in cse. You'll still get a 5cc combo but in general you're not getting a huge reward unless you're willing to spend more wind for the chance.

All in all I really think j236a ender is good vs most people for the safety and the ability to get 2+ items over your opponent

So instead of using this: (2B) > 5B > 5D > 6A > dash 5B > 6A > 236A > dash 3C > oki

or this: 5B > 3C > 8D > Dash > 6A > 4B > Dash > 5CC > oki

I could do something like: (2B) > 5BD > 6A > 4B > dash > 6A > 5B > jc > j.B > j.C > dj > j.B > j.C > 236A > oki?

or is this a situation thing? Is the last combo kind of bad by comparison?

So instead of using this: (2B) > 5B > 5D > 6A > dash 5B > 6A > 236A > dash 3C > oki

or this: 5B > 3C > 8D > Dash > 6A > 4B > Dash > 5CC > oki

I could do something like: (2B) > 5BD > 6A > 4B > dash > 6A > 5B > jc > j.B > j.C > dj > j.B > j.C > 236A > oki?

or is this a situation thing? Is the last combo kind of bad by comparison?

If you go the 5BD > 6A route, I think what TD is recommending is:

XX > 5BD > 6A > 66 5B > 6A > 4B > 66 5B > j.B > j.A > j.B > j.C > dj > j.B > j.C > 236A

or

XX > 5BD > 6A > 66 5B > 6A > 4B > 66 5CC > (236A 9D > 22B) -or- (214B)

These microdashes are very hard, and 5BD is kind of tough to confirm/distance specific, so it's totally fine if you want to use the 3C > 8D route instead while you learn. You can mix and match the starters and enders in most Rachel combos to achieve what you want. For example, the combo you mentioned:

5B > (5CD) > 3C > 8D > 66 6A > 4B > 66 5CC > (236A 9D > 22B) -or- (214B)

can easily become:

5B > (5CD) > 3C > 8D > 66 6A > 4B > 66 5B > j.B > j.A > j.B > j.C > dj > j.B > j.C > 236A

I thought TD's talking about ending air combos in j.236A assuming it's not a combo that can be converted into a ground one. Especially because j.236A's CP change makes it more useful where now we don't have to rely on wasting more resources than we need for j.2C pumpkin oki.

I'd rather go for 5CC or 3C ender if I can. j.236A is still pretty good in this version but I'd do it only if I can't convert into the ender I want and I'd also try to hit as low to the ground as possible, so no double jump.

EDIT: what Rhapsody said.

like rhapsody and sam said.

basically, both ground and air combos have their place. if you must end a combo in the air, you should go for the max damage, reasons mentioned.