Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

Testament vs May

Nets are useless in this matchup. All dolphins travel through nets to their intended course with no care in the world. FEXE Beasts are risky because a vertical dolphin FRC > combo can punish you way too harshly for just trying to use a natural zoning tool, and lastly backdashing can result in May getting damage because she happened to do a vertical dolphin. Not that you want to block too much either, lest you risk having her do OHK and suddenly dolphin loop you. I hate May =(

Random notes: Don't waste frames on nets. Instead work on your Tree placement since she has a harder time dealing with those than anything, especially if she's using Dolphins to move around. The only time Nets are worth anything at all (in this matchup) is on wakeup as usual. Any other time, refrain. Limit senseless backdashing. If you really need to move away, IAD backward should be your best bet, but simple things like doing a regular backdash way too much can get you killed by random dolphins that happen to come out right when your getting ready to backdash. This is a semi tough thing to do for some people (at least it was for me for a bit), since basic trap formations that make you want to backdash and gain space simoultaneously well....require a backdash. I just don't find it worthwhile in this matchup since before you have anything established, May will probably be actively advancing with all four of her dolphin arc's, and will probably nail your backdash as I said above which is a really big deal for me in this matchup. K skulls are as useful as ever to control air space, but make sure you have the necessary time to get through the insane startup before getting punished. If you spam this without thinking you can get caught by fast dolphins. If you have one out there you are all set since you officially eliminate her ability to use long vertical dolphins. Should she be taking too much time pondering what to do (or if she has a skull curse on her from earlier), you can use this oppurtunity to work on some more trees and use your beasts to keep the screen under your control. OHK might just be the scariest thing she has in this matchup, but she has to get in to use it correctly. However, knowledge of obvious setups, good use of OFJ, and doing things to protect against it actively go a long way in reducing it's power. (on that note, 2S is very good in this matchup for some reason, it helps you protect your space around Range 1.5 so you can use it to beat some of her longer range pokes as well as prevent her from doing a quick run in > OHK) If you tag her with anything, my suggestion is to get a skull curse on her ASAP. It fucks her hard. Whale OD Has deceptive speed, unless your approaching her on wakeup with a net, be very careful of running into one of these because of rushing her down prematurely. Any feedback on the above?