Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CSE-CP] Jin Questions and Answers Thread - How Do I Shot Ice?

Haha, sorry bout that.

I guess I'll be on tipic and ask my question then.

I was experimenting with ways to use Ice Swords to extend combos (like j.D>236B/C>Ice Arrow on landing.)

Well I was having a hard time with that (I guess its a positioning thing), but it seems really cool. I was wondering if it has any practicality, or should I just give up on it?

Nah, the ice blades don't have a good enough ratio of damage to p2 to be practical. Looks swag as hell, though. There was a combo movie including it on Jourdal's old channel.

what'd you even mean by that? using 2C as a block string? and what does the corner having anything to do with gatling into 2C or just unleash 2C

what'd you even mean by that? using 2C as a block string? and what does the corner having anything to do with gatling into 2C or just unleash 2C

I mean: is there a way to get into 2C safely while standing in the corner, in a combo, without the opponent DPing, poking or plain hitting me out of it. Since I've noticed it's rather slow.

I want to use 2C to go into a cornercombo, but I want to find a way to get into it safely first.

what should I do off of a jD starter? I can 6C but without the ability to dash cancel the only followup would be 2D but it won't freeze since I started with jD.

If you have 25 Heat and you're close to the corner, you can follow-up with 6C > 214D (Whiff) ~ C > Corner Combo for good damage. If you're not close to the corner, you can go into 22C ~ D for decent damage. Other than that, just do the standard A > B > C > Ice Car combo on j.D confirm.

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but what are some blockstrings with frametraps for Jin? My opponents keep mashing out of my blockstrings and I eat 5As. I also feel like a scrub for asking this, but how do you pressure with Jin besides 2A x n and mix-ups?

Am I the only one having problems doing (2d), j.2c > delay j.c on Kokonoe?

If so, is there a trick to getting it down?

Are we going to get a CP Video Critique thread? I want to post my CP videos for some advice but the thread was CT-CSE.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I don't have a lot of options >>

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but what are some blockstrings with frametraps for Jin? My opponents keep mashing out of my blockstrings and I eat 5As. I also feel like a scrub for asking this, but how do you pressure with Jin besides 2A x n and mix-ups?

What's the block string you're using to create the frame traps? 5B is -6 on block and his gatling options after wards are limited. Realistically, off of 5B you're trying to mix the opponent up with 2B low, 6A overhead, 5C/2C into a jump cancel, 6B to catch lows (not full proof), throw if they're content with blocking. 6A is fast but if they're mashing hard on a blocked 5B you'll probably get hit out of 6A. Pending the match up if they're mashing 2A then 6B will counter hit them but some characters 2A will hit you out of 6B. If they're using a standing normal you'll also get hit out of 6B. They could also just back dash out of 6B pre and post block. You can slightly delay 2B after 5B for a frame trap but it can't be a long wait after 5B otherwise their mashing will win. The delayed 2B gatling is probably you're best bet to catch their mashing, imo. If they block 2B you're at -3 on block (-6 if they IB it though, -2 if they barrier guard) so you're safe but not at advantage. At this point, if they're mashing hard you can't really press the offense unless they're mashing a slow normal so you can gatling into 5C and jump cancel to reset to neutral. You can 2B again after 2B to try and catch a delayed button on their part or go for a tick throw.

Jin is not really the type of character who can just push buttons in your opponents face all day. He's got a good neutral and zoning game and that's essentially how you get your offense going. Up close, on block, it's really about conditioning your opponent with 5B -> 2B/6A and then mixing some options up to keep them guessing.

Am I the only one having problems doing (2d), j.2c > delay j.c on Kokonoe?

If so, is there a trick to getting it down?

On normal characters I usually did j.2C immediately but with Kokonoe I have to delay j.2C rather than j.C and that's been working better for me. The timing is definitely awkward though.

What's the block string you're using to create the frame traps? 5B is -6 on block and his gatling options after wards are limited. Realistically, off of 5B you're trying to mix the opponent up with 2B low, 6A overhead, 5C/2C into a jump cancel, 6B to catch lows (not full proof), throw if they're content with blocking. 6A is fast but if they're mashing hard on a blocked 5B you'll probably get hit out of 6A. Pending the match up if they're mashing 2A then 6B will counter hit them but some characters 2A will hit you out of 6B. If they're using a standing normal you'll also get hit out of 6B. They could also just back dash out of 6B pre and post block. You can slightly delay 2B after 5B for a frame trap but it can't be a long wait after 5B otherwise their mashing will win. The delayed 2B gatling is probably you're best bet to catch their mashing, imo. If they block 2B you're at -3 on block (-6 if they IB it though, -2 if they barrier guard) so you're safe but not at advantage. At this point, if they're mashing hard you can't really press the offense unless they're mashing a slow normal so you can gatling into 5C and jump cancel to reset to neutral. You can 2B again after 2B to try and catch a delayed button on their part or go for a tick throw.

Jin is not really the type of character who can just push buttons in your opponents face all day. He's got a good neutral and zoning game and that's essentially how you get your offense going. Up close, on block, it's really about conditioning your opponent with 5B -> 2B/6A and then mixing some options up to keep them guessing.

I mostly use 5B > 5C > 2C > 6C > 6B/6D as my main blockstring. I don't see too many people that mash 2A on my side, so I don't think it would really matter too much. I'm also guessing good blockstrings would 5B > 2B > 2B/Throw then? And I figured that Jin wouldn't have too much options with trying to pressure opponents. But if I remember, 5B can gatling into j.214D, right? I think that could substitute for 6A if there's a good amount of Heat left, which Jin shouldn't have too little of.

Could someone direct me to where I might find info on how to do Jin's Mission #25. I cant seem to find anything on youtube and i dont see an obvious answer here. Thanks

I mostly use 5B > 5C > 2C > 6C > 6B/6D as my main blockstring. I don't see too many people that mash 2A on my side, so I don't think it would really matter too much. I'm also guessing good blockstrings would 5B > 2B > 2B/Throw then? And I figured that Jin wouldn't have too much options with trying to pressure opponents. But if I remember, 5B can gatling into j.214D, right? I think that could substitute for 6A if there's a good amount of Heat left, which Jin shouldn't have too little of.

That's a pretty bad blockstring, you're feeding them easy meter through IBs and most players with a brain will know to push buttons after 6C. Sure you can go for a pretty ghetto frame trap with 6C > specials but you usually need meter to get something out of it.

Don't stick to a single blockstring, mix it up. There really isn't such a thing as a "good block string" but the less "filler" moves you use, the better the block string will be.

Examples:

2A x N, 5B > 2B/6A

2A x N, (Delayed) 5C > 6B

2A x N, 2B > 5C > 2D

Always have a goal in mind when you use a blockstring. Do I want to frame trap? Do I want to go for a quick mix-up? Do I want to reset pressure? Do I want to bait a DP? Don't just slap a bunch of moves and call it a blockstring, that's free IBs for the opponent.

5B is no longer jump cancelable on block, so you can't use a j.214D afterwards, it works on hit though.

That's a pretty bad blockstring, you're feeding them easy meter through IBs and most players with a brain will know to push buttons after 6C. Sure you can go for a pretty ghetto frame trap with 6C > specials but you usually need meter to get something out of it.

Don't stick to a single blockstring, mix it up. There really isn't such a thing as a "good block string" but the less "filler" moves you use, the better the block string will be.

Examples:

2A x N, 5B > 2B/6A

2A x N, (Delayed) 5C > 6B

2A x N, 2B > 5C > 2D

Always have a goal in mind when you use a blockstring. Do I want to frame trap? Do I want to go for a quick mix-up? Do I want to reset pressure? Do I want to bait a DP? Don't just slap a bunch of moves and call it a blockstring, that's free IBs for the opponent.

5B is no longer jump cancelable on block, so you can't use a j.214D afterwards, it works on hit though.

Thanks. That'll really be useful for me then. I'll definitely substitute those for what I used before. I thought that with both 6B and 6D being positive on block, but I guess they aren't really too good of an idea, especially after a 6C. As for my goals with blockstrings, I usually just try to frame trap them. I don't really have to worry about DPs too much, since I mostly just fight Hazama, Hakumen, Bang, and Valkenhayn players. I see the occasional Ragna players though. But again, many thanks. This'll definitely help me improve my offensive game, which I noticed I have been lacking.

And did 5B really lose it's jump cancelability? Really sucks if it did.

5B being -6 and not jcable on block feels like Jin's biggest nerf to me, partially because I just can't get accustomed to it and often find myself pressing 5B > jump and end up standing there like an idiot. Old habits die hard.

There's also the obvious lack of pressure resets that don't evolve 6B or the occassional 6D -which you should use, but sparingly unless you want to get mashed out of them every single time.

I personally find 6B really good and do use it, but you obviously need to gauge when it's ok to throw it out. I often get free resets or strong CH combos out of it since it beats many lows

Can someone explain how to do Jin's TK combo in the corner. I try doing it but my 2B never hits after the j.214C. D:

- Make sure you use 5B(2), I would assume the higher Hizansen hits, the more time you have to link 2B

- 5C has a lot of hitstun so go with 8214C instead of 2147C so you won't move backwards. Probably works with both though

- You can move a lot earlier than it seems after Hizansen, so you might just be too late with 2B

Actually, I think Jin's j.236D was his biggest nerf. I mean, from what I heard, you can set up tick throws easier with 5B. Now, j.236D is extremely situational, with it only being good for baiting anti-airs, and even then, it's extremely slow. Though the added recovery, -6, and losing jump cancelability was kinda extreme. 5B wasn't THAT broken.

Is there some sort of trick to doing 22C~D>Dashunder 5C? I can't do it for the life of me.

not really, it's just timing. Most of the time also I don't move that much. It still works without doing the 66. for the staple 5C>2C > air combo

not really, it's just timing. Most of the time also I don't move that much. It still works without doing the 66. for the staple 5C>2C > air combo

Guess I'll just have to practice it then. I usually did a 22C~D and then went straight into an aircombo but I found them to be rather lacking.

The only alternative to the "lacking" air abc is the Rehhyou route which only works off good starters, and is so hard pretty much nobody even attempts it anymore.

Other than that, you can do 22C~D > 6C > Musou > air combo if you switch out of the corner