Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

Doublepost cause yeah I'm a mod fuck the rules.

Which µ players were at NEC? I saw the MTL Leftovers guy who kept opening the door for me that I never actually got the name of.

Spring Raid

Dai(facepalm why do you play mu you bang dude)

Me

Some dude.

There was a guy named FlyingVe but it was the wrong FlyingVe also that guy stopped being so active a while ago.

A long shot, but are any Mu players going to Apex in Jersey, Somerset, two weeks from now? I know this is gameplay discussion but... yea...

Oh good, thanks for running things. With entry fee being $10 at the door I can afford to play CP as well. I don't know any local US players though, would be nice to have another Mu player to talk to when I'm actually distracted from Smash. Is C0R going? I hope so. I like C0R, he knows his shit.

No, I'm WC, it's tough to make it out to EC events.

No, I'm WC, it's tough to make it out to EC events.

I see, well that sucks, oh well. Is there anyone in particular I should look out for? I'll try and play as much as I can, in any case.

I don't know why I'm maining Mu sometimes. My mobility is crap with her. Is there any way to improve on it?

I find myself trying to block way more often than I should and its costing me matches.

If you have heat, never not go for DP

Worst case you RC into a mixup.

And you want to do lots of crossovers and crossunders.

I need to stop playing so robotic with her. Its a hard habit to break.

Yeah UI have that problem to sometimes, fall back on IAD Backwards to much in situations.

Yeah UI have that problem to sometimes, fall back on IAD Backwards to much in situations.

With me, its a combination of that and not reacting fast enough. I had a crappy three day losing streak.

Very basic Mixup Setup midscreen

X>5C/2C>3C(Must hit with further half of it)>6[d]>IAD

Options:

j.B>662B>5B>CT>

-5C>6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>j.2C>663C>j.2C>663C>SoD/repeat/Distortion (If hit before CT)

-4~6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>665B>5C>5[D]>j.B>j.C>j.2C>j.5D>66j.2C>3C>j.2C>3C>SoD/Distortion (If Guardbreak close to corner)

-4~6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>j.2C>663C>IADj.C>j.2C>663C>SoD/Repeat/Distortion (If midscreen/far from corner)

j.B>662B>5B>6B>

-6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>j.2C>663C>IADj.C>j.2C>663C>SoD/Repeat/Distortion

-

j.B>662B>5B>3C>RC>

-5C>6C>Tachi>Ect....

Empty Jump>2B>5B>3C>CT>

-same as the j.B pressure starter.

Empty Jump>2B>5B>6A>6B>Combo

-same as the j.B pressure starter

The laser will cover your 6B or CT making them completely safe. The only thing you have to worry about is getting DPed at the start of this mixup.

Very basic Mixup Setup midscreen

X>5C/2C>3C(Must hit with further half of it)>6[d]>IAD

Options:

j.B>662B>5B>CT>

-5C>6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>j.2C>663C>j.2C>663C>SoD/repeat/Distortion (If hit before CT)

-4~6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>665B>5C>5[D]>j.B>j.C>j.2C>j.5D>66j.2C>3C>j.2C>3C>SoD/Distortion (If Guardbreak close to corner)

-4~6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>j.2C>663C>IADj.C>j.2C>663C>SoD/Repeat/Distortion (If midscreen/far from corner)

j.B>662B>5B>6B>

-6C>Tachi>j.6D>44j.5C>j.2C>663C>IADj.C>j.2C>663C>SoD/Repeat/Distortion

-

j.B>662B>5B>3C>RC>

-5C>6C>Tachi>Ect....

Empty Jump>2B>5B>3C>CT>

-same as the j.B pressure starter.

Empty Jump>2B>5B>6A>6B>Combo

-same as the j.B pressure starter

The laser will cover your 6B or CT making them completely safe. The only thing you have to worry about is getting DPed at the start of this mixup.

iirc they can roll forward.

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to inform everyone that (though this has already begun), I won't be as active over the coming months. This is due to my newfound broadcasting work and developments at Riot Games. I fully entrust Pedro with any developments that may arise during my spotty attendance in the coming future.

I'll definitely still drop by every couple days to check developments and answer questions, so no funerals yet.

Good find, those setups look really cool. It seems like they eat rolls for breakfast but they didn't show how they fare against reversals. I'll have to mess around with those.

Um... Novice Mu player here.

Um, what are some good habits to use when pressuring/performing mix ups on the opponent?

I am currently stuck without my ps3 at this moment to test the gimmick or corner oki (with .... 2b 5c 6c 2d SoD 3c ikutachi or ... 5d j.2c 3c ikutachi), out from this video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22681963

but is this oki actually viable?

This setup is nice! I will go in the lab to try.

I played against another MU player and saved games. Would you have the time to look and give me some advice please?

I am the blue MU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rverKphS8sU&feature=youtu.be

@Wild Candy : I think if you read below you'll find some answers, I also wrote a small summary on the wiki. If you were looking for more than that let me know, I could always elaborate.

First I'd just like to say that it was pretty good, neutral was okay, combos were okay. Defense, offense, and planning would be what I'd say should be where you focus. Even if it was a long set, I might have misjudged something or I could just be wrong in general, maybe a lot of mistakes were related from nerves from playing a set or something.

Too many jump ins, unnecesary risks. Seriously you could have gotten anti-aired way too often.

Combo into 6c on crouching, either like whatever into 5c 6c or 2c 6c... then depending on starter, full combo or oki or whatever. ex : 2a 2b 5c 6c 5d SoD, or 2a 2b 5c 6c tachi j.d dash 2b cross under

Use meter more, like counter assault and rapid cancel. It's hard to block mixup online so don't hesitate to spend ressources to get out, DP RC is great. On the offense, 6b(1) RC 2b is also great, or even just 3c RC 2b.

Could use more j.2c at neutral.

I feel like you could block more. I'm sure a lot of the situations were like missed DP or backdash timings, but my point still stands.

I also feel like you could use more planning. Whether its what to do after a knockdown, to what to do when something whiffs, or even just recognizing patterns in your opponents play and being ready to counter them. Like there were a lot of situations that involved whiffed 236a. Have a plan for when that happens, either anti air if you judge that you have time, or DP if they're close, because you know they will press a button. Also, your knockdowns, you're placing a charged laser most of the time, but it doesn't feel like your blockstring takes advantage of it, you could either use it to hitconfirm your mixup, set up a crossup or something... hit the lab! I feel like when you use an option, you're only ready for a small amount of possibilities, and when something that you weren't expecting happens you kind of freeze. I'd say not doing anything isn't a bad idea, but more planning and thinking about possibilities will help you avoid that.

Your mixup and blockstrings could be better, I feel like you're going too early into 2b. Do a few more normals before it, it becomes much more effective as a low and as a pressure reset the later you do it, its also a lot easier to hitconfirm than 3c. I saw you do this a couple of times, but doing it more regularly makes everything scarier.

Corner okizeme, setplay, and just keeping them there felt kind of inexistant, it might be unclear how to go about it, as there aren't many resources out there outside of a few combo videos... I've been thinking about making a tutorial video to explain it better, but also surprisingly busy these days.

If you need any details on something lemme know.

Pochp already pointed out almost everything

But the biggest thing that i noticed was that you press buttons alot during strange moments. Like you were hit way too often by the rather obvious gap between 5c>6c or from 3c>SoD and a few times by 6c>SoD.

You also tried to punish 6b>6c at the wrong distance. If you want to punish Mu's 6b, then you should never barrier block the 6b because the pushback will make the overhead almost safe and you will eat a 6c for pressing buttons

The other Mu player used more optimal combo's than you did (or atleast tried), but since it's online i don't think it's that much of an issue because i sometimes also use easier combo's if there is some noticable lag

Edited by bakahyl

Sign in to follow this