Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

If you want to make a strong combo you must sj2C because you can j5D,j6D,j2D after the sj2C

If you want to make a strong combo you must sj2C because you can j5D,j6D,j2D after the sj2C

i assume you mean you can PICK from one of those options... and usually in the corner you want the j5.D to start with so there arent too many tracking issues -- assuming you arent doing anything extra ordinary 

man Ive been super afk from here-- didnt know we were getting so many hits...

I've been practicing for a bit, and I'm still having trouble getting the super jump j.2C to come out.

I've been practicing for a bit, and I'm still having trouble getting the super jump j.2C to come out.

Try to buffer it during the 2C. Ex: 2C~82C. It takes getting used to, but it's not bad once you grind it out.

some notes from watching the recent footage.

-nice setup : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNCzC-X7EA0&t=15m15s tachi ender in corner, j.2d? dash 2b 5b airdash (crossup ]d[)
-New variation on a combo route keba does : 6b 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.c j.2c 2b 5c SoD. Might only work on big characters? Would have to test.
-Interesting choice here, I've been starting to do that myself too when I remember, but when the opponent has a burst, you'll notice in the following clip that Keba cuts his combo short. If the opponent would have burst after tachi crossed up, he would have gotten knocked down in the corner, giving the opponent a chance at a comeback (especially since he didn't have a burst himself). Instead, lower damage, minimal risks : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS7NfEt13c&t=8m20s
-Interesting close to corner SoD ender... SoD 5d 2d 236a. Need to test it out to see if like habaya resets or catches roll and allows to still get a knockdown. Opponent can probably jump out but habaya might force him to block? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS7NfEt13c&t=20m20s

fuckin seriously? why cant we just have our old 6a CA back jeez

Yeah, generally delaying j.b j.c j.2c will help make it work. I feel like in some situations though, you're better off not delaying too much, as it causes the laser to miss.

If you do it from like starting positions, dash 6b 6c etc. on Jin, iirc you don't need to delay j.b j.c j.2c, so it should at least help you figure out if that's what you're screwing up.

Maybe this video I made, or the description's content will be able to help you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzNXhtS6MnQ Note that although I try it in casuals very often, I think I only successfully finish it less than half the time. It becomes really awkward when you go for it on stuff like roll catch 2b 5c 6c etc. I also don't use this combo in tournaments yet.

Finally I'm able to do this consistently, thanks for all your videos I've watched a number of them already for combo and stein setups

Try to buffer it during the 2C. Ex: 2C~82C. It takes getting used to, but it's not bad once you grind it out.

I think I herp-derped. The sic j.2C can only be done twice in one combo right? I kept thinking thinking it was 3 and wondered why my opponent was recovering.

I think I herp-derped. The sic j.2C can only be done twice in one combo right? I kept thinking thinking it was 3 and wondered why my opponent was recovering.

Yes just two time.

For the third, replace by j.623c.

We've mastered it. Now its time for us to master the next worse thing.

Yes just two time.

For the third, replace by j.623c.

I recommend ending in jC > j2C or [charge stein route] > j2C for ending corner combos with better oki. DP should be saved for corner combos with a Short starter or for the kill only, IMO.

I too, yearn for Extend's CA. I was hoping the CA hitbox buff would be more substantial; but I guess now we'll still have to be very careful when deciding where to use it.

Dp ender is good for running train in high pressure situations, the resulting near-ground air tech from 6b 5d 623c allows for good air unblockable hit/throw/falling into mixup situations.

I think malaka was talking about doing an arial dp ender by extending the corner combo loop, trading off slightly more damage for no oki. Which is imo a very non optimal combo, because the charged laser version does more damage and it gives an oki

Found new optimal fatal route.

SoD(lv2)(FC)>66A>5C>2C>923C>5B>6A>6B>5C>2C>sj.2C>j.5d>2B>6A>2C>j.C>j.2C>3C>Omo (6436 damage, builds 40 heat before super with SoD starter)

if you want style and damage over easiness:

SoD(LV2)(FC)>66A>5C>2C>923C>5B>2C>623C>5B>2C>sj.2C>j.5D>2B>6A>2C>j.C>j.2C

DP has better damage AND proration than j.2C but has smp, though dp and air dp are different moves.

6C(FC)>SoD(LV2)>66A>5C>2C>DP/TKDP>5B>5C>2C>sj.2C>j.5D>2B>5B>2C>j.C>j.2C>3C>Omo (5826 damage)

Can you get a CT after the SoD(2) FC? I know that boosts the SOD(1) CH damage substantially.

Found new optimal fatal route.

SoD(lv2)(FC)>66A>5C>2C>923C>5B>6A>6B>5C>2C>sj.2C>j.5d>2B>6A>2C>j.C>j.2C>3C>Omo (6436 damage, builds 40 heat before super with SoD starter)

if you want style and damage over easiness:

SoD(LV2)(FC)>66A>5C>2C>923C>5B>2C>623C>5B>2C>sj.2C>j.5D>2B>6A>2C>j.C>j.2C

DP has better damage AND proration than j.2C but has smp, though dp and air dp are different moves.

6C(FC)>SoD(LV2)>66A>5C>2C>DP/TKDP>5B>5C>2C>sj.2C>j.5D>2B>5B>2C>j.C>j.2C>3C>Omo (5826 damage)

Technically SoD is still an inferior starter to corner 2c CH. To my knowledge the Habakiri MAX route remains the highest overall damage, I imagine with SoD starter it would net something around 8k.

No idea why I didn't go test this earlier, but figured it was worth posting anyways.

Throw 6a 6b 2d 6a 2c j.2c 2c Omo 4236

Throw 6a 6b 2d 6a 2c j.2c 2c Yata 2d Omo 4593

6b 6c SoD 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 2c yata 5d omo 4320 with 1 stein (from the combo)

6b 6c CT SoD 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 3c omo 4681

6b 6c SoD 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 2c yata 5d omo 4778 with 4 steins (total)

So basically, you can add 2c Yata (on characters it works on), to some corner combos, to add an extra 350~ damage before doing the other super, and you have time to place a stein and super cancel into super to help with the timing. You also get that stein if you misjudged their remaining health. The old dash 2c 5c Yata doesn't work anymore, and neither will Yata j.2c 3c Omo.

Another random thing I thought of and tested out in training mode, not in matches specifically yet. So, since whatever into 3c superjump j.b is a standard safejump, by air backdashing instead you can make DPs whiff completely. This is kind of useful if your opponent has 50, and has the intention of just RCing it. Works on Kagura and Ragna's, which were the ones I was the most worried about, but don't delay the air back dash too much on Kagura, his reversal is very fast. You also then have time to land and punish.

So let me get something clarified, in order to successfully execute the Midscreen combo ( 6c tachi j.6d bdj.c j.2c 3c iad j.b j.c j.2c 3C SOD) the laser needs to hit in order for the opponent to be comboable? This is something I never caught on to. Would the placement of stein have to be altered if I was on different areas of the screen?

The stein laser does have to hit, but it shouldn't matter what part of the screen you're at. Any stein placement should let the combo work, though I'm personally fond of j2D since the stein will usually be directly on top of the opponent after the combo. Also, the airdash jB part isn't actually an IAD - it's just doing a 7 jump, then an airdash jB, even though it looks like an IAD. Doing that will give enough time for the laser to hit and use that hitstun to get the proper height for the airdash jB.

Sign in to follow this