Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

Between Mu's 6A and 2C, which one do you guys tend to go for more often when AA'ing? I like 2C's hitbox but find myself getting counterhit most of the time when attempting to AA someone. I've found myself using 6A more but have been told 2C's a better option most of the time.

2c is no longer a very reliable anti air due to it's late invincibility frames  but 6a is lacking a good hitbox, so it all depends on what situation you are in

Yeah, 2C is usually too slow to actually react and anti-air; I feel like the opponent really screwed up if they actually get hit by it. It's really a judgment call depending on spacing and the opponent's jump-in hitbox whether to use 6A or 2C. Don't forget to use 5A, 2A (low profiles depending on the jump-in and spacing), airthrow, and jA as occasional anti-airs as well. And if you're really not sure what to use, remember you don't always have to challenge people in the air, it's a good idea to just not commit and run underneath the opponent as well (ex: vs Tager j2C, Hazama air chains, etc).

Yeah, 2C is usually too slow to actually react and anti-air; I feel like the opponent really screwed up if they actually get hit by it. It's really a judgment call depending on spacing and the opponent's jump-in hitbox whether to use 6A or 2C. Don't forget to use 5A, 2A (low profiles depending on the jump-in and spacing), airthrow, and jA as occasional anti-airs as well. And if you're really not sure what to use, remember you don't always have to challenge people in the air, it's a good idea to just not commit and run underneath the opponent as well (ex: vs Tager j2C, Hazama air chains, etc).

Thank you sir, I'll keep that in mind and didn't know about 2A low profiling jump-ins.

Dash under barrier is really good against certain things, like jump cancels in pressure. Barrier makes you smaller and slides, so you don't have to worry about recovery.

Yeah, I also agree with bakahyl with the "it depends on which situation your in". Both of the AAs are lacking some thing that would make one dominate over the other.

Do people even use  2c > Yata no Kagami > j.2c> omoikane at the end of (not extremely prorated) corner combo's?  Since the damage on it has become rather bad since cp

Do people even use  2c > Yata no Kagami > j.2c> omoikane at the end of (not extremely prorated) corner combo's?  Since the damage on it has become rather bad since cp

Sometimes I do it. Its kinda crappy now though. :/

I do both if I have the meter (in fact just 2c yata omo). iirc with the steins from your average corner combo, yata does 200~300 dmg, it can make a difference. I only use supers at the end of combos when going for the kill anyway.

I do both if I have the meter (in fact just 2c yata omo). iirc with the steins from your average corner combo, yata does 200~300 dmg, it can make a difference. I only use supers at the end of combos when going for the kill anyway.

Hm, okay.

I remember double supers being mentioned before but never messed with them until now. Seems pretty good with charge stein route, you can get about 4-500 more damage with Yata after 3c when 5[D] hits, then do Omoi right afterward. I'll have to keep it in mind since I tend to forget to use save my meter lol.

We'll have to wait and see if they'll be doing any balance changes with 2.0. They could just add Celica+Lambda and rebalance later in v2.x or w/e. But I personally hope they make some changes with the newcomers.

Some new moves for Mu would be nice. maybe a 214d feint or some other move that interacts with steins.

(Wishlist move) 623D -> make all steins re-prime once then disappear, can be held down to prime steins with charged lasers instead. OD version similar to OD bomb and does max charge at all levels.
As for yata combos, I use yata in my FC 6C combo -> Ikutachi j5D yata ~wait dash omoi.

I want the lasers to stay on the field after you beat people. It's very stupid how they disappear now. ._.

I'm not sure why people are wondering if the game will receive a balance update, they have never added a new set of characters/stages and had it not balance update.

At best we might see some minor adjustments which doesn't involve using new sprites or movesets but for existing move sets, like from cs2 to extend getting an arial version of our dp and yata no kagami

At best we might see some minor adjustments which doesn't involve using new sprites or movesets but for existing move sets, like from cs2 to extend getting an arial version of our dp and yata no kagami

Aerial SoD? Aerial Ikutachi? Aerial Omoihikane? Aerial Astral? Persoanlly I'd love an aerial omo, opens up combo routes we didn't have before without use of laser support, jC Omo anyone?

Aerial omoi would be nice to tack on some air combo damage I suppose. Would look weird but I thought DP in the air looked weird as hell in EX so I guess I'd get used to it lol.

While we're still dreaming, it'd be pretty cool if they gave her the unlimited Mu cmd throw super that spawns four steins. Would be fun to setup into the "Mu Buster" and continue pressure afterwards. =)

mmm wishlist...

revert the input shortcut for supers. I guess it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" lol, it used to be you had to be precise while doing your super inputs. Now you have to be precise while doing any other input so you don't get super by accident (my inputs aren't very clean) :/

I would really appreciate it if they changed something on 6b's recovery. Either put it back to -1 on block, give it special cancel again, or give it a gatling into 5c :kitty:

Making 5b hit crouching opponents further would also be good, it would help our blockstrings a lot. At a certain distance, which isn't very far, the only jump cancel normal that hits crouching is 3c, which can't really go in to mixup, so it's a lot easier for the opponent to anticipate what we'll do next. Counter assault too pls, too easy to bait.

Giving 5a more air untechable time would be awesome, enough to do 5a j.a. I would like a stable 5a anti air combo, as it is now, I usually do 5a 5b because it works on normal hit, but 5b whiffs if they're too high. 5a 2c would hit, but won't work unless it's a counterhit, so it's hard to commit to it, knowing you could get punished.

Aerial omoi would be nice to tack on some air combo damage I suppose. Would look weird but I thought DP in the air looked weird as hell in EX so I guess I'd get used to it lol.

While we're still dreaming, it'd be pretty cool if they gave her the unlimited Mu cmd throw super that spawns four steins. Would be fun to setup into the "Mu Buster" and continue pressure afterwards. =)

Yeees. :3

mmm wishlist...

revert the input shortcut for supers. I guess it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" lol, it used to be you had to be precise while doing your super inputs. Now you have to be precise while doing any other input so you don't get super by accident (my inputs aren't very clean) :/

I would really appreciate it if they changed something on 6b's recovery. Either put it back to -1 on block, give it special cancel again, or give it a gatling into 5c :kitty:

Making 5b hit crouching opponents further would also be good, it would help our blockstrings a lot. At a certain distance, which isn't very far, the only jump cancel normal that hits crouching is 3c, which can't really go in to mixup, so it's a lot easier for the opponent to anticipate what we'll do next. Counter assault too pls, too easy to bait.

Giving 5a more air untechable time would be awesome, enough to do 5a j.a. I would like a stable 5a anti air combo, as it is now, I usually do 5a 5b because it works on normal hit, but 5b whiffs if they're too high. 5a 2c would hit, but won't work unless it's a counterhit, so it's hard to commit to it, knowing you could get punished.

Omg this. I've gotten so many accidental Omoi when I want to DP because I was blocking beforehand.

5b hitting crouching from further away would be nice. Hate seeing it whiff because I tried to do 2B > 5B gatling but they pushed me just far away enough with barrier.

On that note, it'd be nice if 3C had a bit more range. Idk if I'm crazy but it feels like they somewhat nerfed it from EX. It seems harder to get a knockdown from the max range compared to before.

5b hitting crouching from further away would be nice. Hate seeing it whiff because I tried to do 2B > 5B gatling but they pushed me just far away enough with barrier.

I would guess that's because different characters have different crouching blocking hurtboxes, so the range at which you can 5b on various characters isn't the same. Strings you're used to doing on some won't work on others because of this -__- There are good things, like 2a 5a on block will work against some characters, like Relius, where 5a would whiff if they weren't already blocking.

On that note, it'd be nice if 3C had a bit more range. Idk if I'm crazy but it feels like they somewhat nerfed it from EX. It seems harder to get a knockdown from the max range compared to before.

I think that's because attacks got more push back on hit and block (universal?).

Sign in to follow this