Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

CH dp and 5c was nearly impossible in extend unless you knew it was going to hit the opponent because it knocks away the opponent very fast, but in CS2 a CH dp caused a minor wallbounce at midscreen giving you enough time to do something from it. Based on the videos so far, it seems you can probably combo from a CH dp more reliably with a rapid in CP.

As for Mu's new counterassault with her 5b animation, let's hope that it does not whiff against anyone who is crouching.

I don't have a ps3, xbox 360 or even a psp at this moment (staying at my parents during the holidays) to test if Mu's 5b could hit a crouching bang in extend or cs2

edit: typed ps3 twice

Edited by bakahyl

http://www.twitch.tv/central804/b/353281355

@2:11:03 there's a mu vs bullet match

There's more u-12 footage at 3:28:15 and last for a long time after

http://youtu.be/3jfjfufloNs?t=22m31s

midscreen 6c FC combo 3.4k atm. max damage will probably be higher

Edited by Tecta1Eastside

CH dp and 5c was nearly impossible in extend unless you knew it was going to hit the opponent because it knocks away the opponent very fast, but in CS2 a CH dp caused a minor wallbounce at midscreen giving you enough time to do something from it. Based on the videos so far, it seems you can probably combo from a CH dp more reliably with a rapid in CP.

As for Mu's new counterassault with her 5b animation, let's hope that it does not whiff against anyone who is crouching.

I don't have a ps3, xbox 360 or even a psp at this moment (staying at my parents during the holidays) to test if Mu's 5b could hit a crouching bang in extend or cs2

µ's 5b has always hit every character crouching. The range at which it would connect greatly depended on the character. Against Bang, Hakumen and Tager it will connect at maximum range.

Mu's 5b still has a horrible low hitbox, seeing that Tao's 2b can still slide under it in CP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96AqWzw9-MA&feature=youtu.be&t=487s

So i guess that Mu's counterassault probably has a better hitbox than her 5b

The removal of the lower hitbox on 5b is likely quite literal, there is a low hitbox on 5b, and it's no longer there.

mu201_04.png

This hardly changes the use of the normal, as 2b was always the go-to tool for poking out crouching opponents.

In terms of a counter assault, the range has near doubled, which is a trade for it now sharing the weaknesses of Litchi's CA.

On the topic of DP RC. The combo never changed, it's ease of hitconfirm was the only difference between versions.

To reiterate: Only by calling out the CA with a low-profile normal will the opponent be able to dodge the hitbox, whiffing at longer ranges is negligible, as the old 6a CA would never have reached to the distance that 5b whiffs at. Losing to hard callouts is hardly something that makes or breaks the tool.

Edited by C0R

Speaking of which, there was a funny moment when Pochp and I played earlier. I was in the corner, badly pressured, I CA and it was too short to reach. Pochp tries for 5b punish but misses the dash, I mash 2a, and both whiffed. My 2a right under his 5b. LolMuHitboxes

I'm starting to think that CA with mu is almost not worth the meter. It wiffs for me more than half the time. Not having that issue with lambda though even though it's the same animation. But then again I know nothing about this character or game(s).

CA with Mu is worth it in many situations, like Tectal said you need to be close, and if you're not using it, your opponent won't try and bait it, which means more chances of you getting hit. The thing is, you just gotta know when to use it against specific characters, for instance it's really good against Rachel, because it turns her 50/50 high low gapless instant overhead and fuzzy guards into 33/33/33 high/low/bait CA.

I'm starting to think that CA with mu is almost not worth the meter. It wiffs for me more than half the time. Not having that issue with lambda though even though it's the same animation. But then again I know nothing about this character or game(s).

There are many situations where it's the best option.

Alright thanks for all the info. I'll keep trying it out. I find mashing out 623C (RC> high low if blocked) to be more successful atm in my early learning stage but I know that kinda only works on noobs and net play so ill adjust. Thanks again for the input.

Has Sword of Decimation been removed? I haven't seen anyone use it in any CP gameplay yet

I saw it being used practically every time as a combo ender >_>

Yea, me too. Is this a change or something? o-o

Probably because Mu's oki has changed due to various nerfs/buffs.

Oh well, atleast i am pleased to see that Mu has become less rare in japanese tournaments in CP (unlike extend)

SoD is currently being used as the main ender for knockdown in the corner due to the new slide property giving it a long period of untechability. This is more for ease of access than anything else, as corner combo routes have not been optimised to ensure good oki sets.

As a result of such unrefined combo routes, SoD is seen as a simple to use tool that nets decent knockdown. It will eventually be phased out during the development of the character as corner damage is solidified.

Is there a good reason for not using 2b after a furu no Tsurugi in the corner in CP if the "usual" 5c does not reach ?

In many videos like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCvV5Cw8Qg&t=9m33s

I have seen quite some corner combo's missed/dropped due to a poorly spaced 5c after Tsurugi.

I know it's probably less damaging or less optimized using 2b but even so, it's probably better than missing out on a corner combo

Edited by bakahyl
fixed the youtube video link

I'm not sure if it's his usual combo or not, but at the end of that video Keba goes for SoD 2b, probably like you're saying and guaranteeing at least a combo. We'll probably understand it all better when we'll get our hands on it, but even in Extend there are situations where dash 6a doesn't look like it'll work so I'll go for dash 2b instead.

Is there a good reason for not using 2b after a furu no Tsurugi in the corner in CP if the "usual" 5c does not reach ?

In many videos like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCvV5Cw8Qg&t=9m33s

I have seen quite some corner combo's missed/dropped due to a poorly spaced 5c after Tsurugi.

I know it's probably less damaging or less optimized using 2b but even so, it's probably better than missing out on a corner combo

The linking off SoD in the corner uses the same theory as Cs2/x. The further they are from the corner when you hit with SoD, the heavier hitting move you'll be able to link off it. This is why 6c > SoD > 6b was the epitome of optimization for corner confirms in those games, as you didn't have to insert 6a before 6b.

Hitting with the very tip of SoD in CP will likely require very tight links to pick up.

No cp before evo so cant say im surprised

No cp before selection time. I doubt they would bring in CP unless it proved itself at other venues like P4A did. BB release schedule will always screw the game for Evo.

Sign in to follow this