Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

Thefuck are you talkiung about, relius plays like relius, not like anyo ther characer.

YUou could say every character is a mix of somet other charactesr+, that's true for everyone.

I'd argue my point by indicating things about Relius, but I don't think there's much point in doing so at present. :P

[1:45:41 PM] Cor: Hmmm

[1:45:45 PM] Cor: 7 primer setup

[1:45:57 PM] Cor: Found one

[1:46:10 PM] Cor: Alternatively, full barrier + 2 primers

[1:46:11 PM] Cor: crush

[2:40:43 PM] Cor: 2c CH (corner) (punish or frametrap) > 6d > 5d > SoD > dash 5b > ]d[ ]d[ > j.2c > j.5d > dash 2b > 5c > 2c > ]d[ sj.2c > j.5d > dash 2b > 6a > :2c > ]d[ sj.2c > j.5[D] > j.236a

--->

[2:41:17 PM] Cor: On block -> j.236a (charge sod) > ]D[ > SoD > RC > dash 214d > SoD2

[2:41:48 PM] Cor: the combo sets a total of 5 steins

[2:42:06 PM] Cor: With the final 4 being directly on top of the opponent

I swear to god Cor does that on purpose

Of course he does -- thats the defining power of alcohol

The Rock overcame getting frauded by CM Punk and has become WWE champion again after TEN YEARS.

Our booty overlord is still Top TIER. The world totally makes sense to me atm:)

Edited by Tecta1Eastside

Welp its not official but its from jiyuna

S+: Tao, Litchi, Hakumen

S: Hazama, Jin, Valkenhayn, Mu

A: Arakune, Carl, Rachel, Azrael

B: Ragna, Relius, Tager, Platinum, Nu, Bang, Tsubaki

C: Izayoi, Bullet, Amane, Makoto

I asked him a question about our character also.

@jiyunaJP Is bbcp mu better than bbex mu?

@TectalEastside About the same, tier-wise. Playstyle is a little different, and a little harder to play I think. Strong character.

>no Noel

Amerikajin pls ;w;

>no Noel

Amerikajin pls ;w;

I grabbed the tier list from the CP discussion thread but its not official and i dont know why noel isnt on there. not his list but someone gave it to him i believe. take it as a grain of salt atm

Edited by Tecta1Eastside

Congrats on Xntrikcat winning the tournament last night. Proof that my mobility with Mu needs to be better (and lamer).

Welp its not official but its from jiyuna

Well this one is certainly better than speculative tier lists of the past. This list doesn't have Relius in S tier. Still looks off to me though. I completely disagree with Nu's placement. Has nobody seen the woman's data? She's certainly better than Lambda ever was at her peak in CS. probably all those terrible Nu players like S putting people off the character...

Well this one is certainly better than speculative tier lists of the past. This list doesn't have Relius in S tier. Still looks off to me though. I completely disagree with Nu's placement. Has nobody seen the woman's data? She's certainly better than Lambda ever was at her peak in CS. probably all those terrible Nu players like S putting people off the character...

Which data are you referring to?

The proration data for every character in cp is completely overblown in comparison to cs. This is due to the new system mechanic for untechability calculation.

Proration wise Nu is almost exactly the same as Mu when it comes to normals, so i don't see how that matters seeing that Mu has a higher combo rating than Nu. But if you were talking about how low Nu scores in that "tier list" despite that she has tons of "buffs"/changes, maybe most people haven't figured it out how to use her mode change optimally.

edit: IMO the removal of primers make Nu slightly less threatening in Cp than lambda was in any version of CS

Edited by bakahyl

Far as tiers go i'll start caring about bbcp tiers after 6 months from the arcade release.

Then again it doesnt matter that much to me anyway.

The proration data for every character in cp is completely overblown in comparison to cs. This is due to the new system mechanic for untechability calculation.

Fair enough. Exactly how does the calculation work?

Proration wise Nu is almost exactly the same as Mu when it comes to normals, so i don't see how that matters seeing that Mu has a higher combo rating than Nu. But if you were talking about how low Nu scores in that "tier list" despite that she has tons of "buffs"/changes, maybe most people haven't figured it out how to use her mode change optimally.

edit: IMO the removal of primers make Nu slightly less threatening in Cp than lambda was in any version of CS

It definitely looks like some players are having a hard time figuring her out, I'll concede to that.

Gotta disagree with your edit though. Lambda became a lot less focused on primer breaking in CSE and she was still powerful thanks to high damage output, great movement and excellent mixup. These all seem to be generally improved for Nu. Jump cancel 5D, low hitting sickle, Act Parser and aerial Act Parser mean she's far less predictable than Lambda. Faster drives makes them more difficult to react to, and at least in Dia mode, she's uncommitted, which is pretty big. 4B got slower and lost its first hit, which can be seen as a plus and a negative, but at the very least its a more practical overhead now; I think the Lambda's confirmed a midscreen 5K combo off it, and it might have been meterless. Supra Rage guarantees good oki anywhere on the screen, and Face Lift is almost a built in rapid which allows for confirms that wouldn't otherwise exist without the aforementioned cancel. I honestly think primers may not even have been enough of a price to pay for what Nu can do now over all CS Lambdas.

Gotta disagree with your edit though. Lambda became a lot less focused on primer breaking in CSE and she was still powerful thanks to high damage output, great movement and excellent mixup. These all seem to be generally improved for Nu. Jump cancel 5D, low hitting sickle, Act Parser and aerial Act Parser mean she's far less predictable than Lambda. Faster drives makes them more difficult to react to, and at least in Dia mode, she's uncommitted, which is pretty big. 4B got slower and lost its first hit, which can be seen as a plus and a negative, but at the very least its a more practical overhead now; I think the Lambda's confirmed a midscreen 5K combo off it, and it might have been meterless. Supra Rage guarantees good oki anywhere on the screen, and Face Lift is almost a built in rapid which allows for confirms that wouldn't otherwise exist without the aforementioned cancel. I honestly think primers may not even have been enough of a price to pay for what Nu can do now over all CS Lambdas.

IMO the removal or primers probably will even effect Mu despite that she was even less focused on breaking them in CSEX than her nearly primer breaking machine that she was in CS1 or CS2.

The thing is that you can turtle/block Nu more easily because you don't have to be afraid of spike chasers and act parser's breaking your primers.

Another thing is that her tools feel more telegraphed in CP, because she even loses some of her moves in modes.

Like for example while she is in Dia mode, i know that i won't have the threat of a ranged air unblockable because she doesn't have act parser knight or cavelier (forgot it's name) and her sickle storm is no longer a trapping tool but a ranged low.

Edited by bakahyl

A bit of tech I'd like to share since I haven't seen anyone else do this yet, it's good in CSEX but I doubt it'll still work in CP so have fun with it while you can.

When you want to bait a burst after 6a, instead of going into 6a j.2c for example, don't just block. Jump forward, hold back, wait, react, and do a delayed j.b j.c j.2c if they don't actually burst. j.2c is 21f startup and j.b is 10f startup, add that difference to the jump startup and hitstop, so you have time to see if they're bursting or not and pick the correct option. If the prorate was good enough sometimes you can still get a decent combo out of it. In the corner you can just go for a super ender after that, so if it would kill them anyways, you're better off going for this burst safe version rather than going for the full damage combo.

@TheC0R @mtlBrice The meaty command laser setup I posted earlier recovers in time to block MTW and aSledge, also she is airborne during 720. Also she can dash 5a/2b to stuff aSledge if she wants. If there's no superflash she can go pressure him for free. Also she can dash 5a/2b to stuff aSledge if she wants. If there's no superflash she can go pressure him for free. Turns out it's the best anti tager setup!

Use this.

Yeah thanks for that setup, as i found out earlier today in a good away that you are slightly in the air and i could not get grabbed by rachel who used a winded tech.

Sign in to follow this