Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

Dat movement. Also that charged laser combo is hype as hell, nice to see combo movie stuff like that in actual matches. I wonder how hard that airdash > charge laser hit part of the combo is, I saw Oboron drop it a couple times.

I've just started using this character, and she kind of confuses me. I saw that the critique thread was closed and my friend told me to ask for help in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDKK9T_-Ho

Some matches I had the other day (I'm terrible), I drop so much stuff and random distortions plague me to no end. Hope this is the right spot :<

I watched footage. You should start by learning combos 1st. Here's the mu-12 wiki with alot of info about the character and the combos are at the very bottom of the page. http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu_(BBCSE)

As far as each Match-up goes in general you have to learn when you can press the drive button and when you cant. If you try and drop steins at the wrong moments you can get punished. You shouldnt jump that often with mu-12 cuz her jump in moves arent that great and you can get anti aired easily.

If you have more things you wanna know ask either myself or another mu-12 player in the forum here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agk5UuSUlr8

The link about will show you how your drive works and what you can do with it.

Edit: I forgot. If you want to play with another mu-12 player someone on XBL/PSN would probably be glad to help you also

Edited by Tecta1Eastside

Same as the guy above, while trying to rekindle my passion for BB i picked up Mu too.

I like her playstyle, so i might take this seriously, but i am an AWFULL learner, so if someone could point me at the right direction i would appreciate it :)

Im practising atm 2a-2b-5c-2c-3c-SOD for midscreen and 6b-sod-6a-5c-2c-jc-j2c-j6d-2b-6a-jc-j2c for corner, what to learn after these?

sorry if this is not the right place

Same as the guy above, while trying to rekindle my passion for BB i picked up Mu too.

I like her playstyle, so i might take this seriously, but i am an AWFULL learner, so if someone could point me at the right direction i would appreciate it :)

Im practising atm 2a-2b-5c-2c-3c-SOD for midscreen and 6b-sod-6a-5c-2c-jc-j2c-j6d-2b-6a-jc-j2c for corner, what to learn after these?

sorry if this is not the right place

One of the easiest combos to learn and the one that will have the most longevity is the midscreen combo off throw, it teaches you all the midscreen combo routes you'll need to do the more advanced midscreen combos, it's also not too hard.

(4)BC > 66A > 5C > 6C > 214D(w) > 66A > 6b > 5c > 6c

If they end up closer to the corner after the 6b, you can also opt to do [...6B > 5C > SoD > (wallbound) 6C > 5D > j.2C], tacking on a bit more damage.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20162161

watch the combo @7:10.

4.4k from 5c starter, leads into the corner from halfway midscreen, gives you 4 steins, plus oki.

builds 33 meter. looks hype.

should work on crouching opponents and CH 5c starter also.

Other things I noticed were 2b starter standing with 25 meter does 4k in the corner.

SOD starter did 4.4k in corner.

6c fatal did 3.7k from about halfway midscreen brought the opponent in the corner also.(dmg probably higher though)

MOS #1 Ranked mu-12 player at 16 Dan.

Sakuma/Keba #4 Ranked mu-12 player at 14 Dan

Dio #8 Ranked at 13 Dan

H.H #11 at 12 Dan

woke up too early on accident. imma go back and sleep if my body let me

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20162161

watch the combo @7:10.

4.4k from 5c starter, leads into the corner from halfway midscreen, gives you 4 steins, plus oki.

builds 33 meter. looks hype.

should work on crouching opponents and CH 5c starter also.

Other things I noticed were 2b starter standing with 25 meter does 4k in the corner.

SOD starter did 4.4k in corner.

6c fatal did 3.7k from about halfway midscreen brought the opponent in the corner also.(dmg probably higher though)

MOS #1 Ranked mu-12 player at 16 Dan.

Sakuma/Keba #4 Ranked mu-12 player at 14 Dan

Dio #8 Ranked at 13 Dan

H.H #11 at 12 Dan

woke up too early on accident. imma go back and sleep if my body let me

That combo was fancy as hell. I wonder how hard is that on pad. o-O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2E5y_o7-q0

Its a match from the Arc Qualifier tournament

We got a Mu-12 in there.

I wanna say its Mos or one of the Top 3 Ranked Dan Mu-12 players

It's MOS.

http://arc-revo-cup.jp/%E5%BA%97%E8%88%97%E4%BA%88%E9%81%B8%E5%A4%A7%E4%BC%9A%E7%B5%90%E6%9E%9C/

2013年02月23日 九州・沖縄エリア TAC戸畑 MOS

Seeing that the Matchup sub forums are archived, i am going to ask it here about the MU vs Valkenhayn.

I keep having problems against him.

I know that 5a and j.a can sometimes be succesfully used to stop some of his Rasenwolf attacks, but 5a can't be infinitely mashed (plus it doesn't work against wolf 5a) and i rather don't want to be in the air to use j.a seeing that being in the air is very unfavorable because wolf 5b beats almost anything Mu has in the air (her poor air to ground attacks).

Also i feel that the risk and reward for using j.a and 5a is low. If it works i can get 2k (or less) or 3k+ damage (meterless) from it depending how much how i accidently mashed 5a or j.a but if it fails i am stuck in the corner while also eating a 3k+ damage combo.

Habaya doesn't always work, because it leaves me open to wolf cancelled j.c. And setting steins for totsuka is incredible risky because of ValkenHayn's mobility.

And like fighting Taokaka, unless you have a great yomi, it's nearly impossible to AA them with 2c or 6a :/

C0r said that this matchup isn't that bad, but i find this matchup a huge pain because i probably haven't fought against enough good valkenhayn for more matchup experience

Edited by bakahyl

i find this matchup a huge pain because i probably haven't fought against enough good valkenhayn for more matchup experience

This. Not much to say except you'll do better when you play it more.

Well uh... to be honest you already know them; Habaya 5a and j.a are your best bets. It's applying them properly is the issue that will come with experience.

5a is for ground to air situations, not ground to ground, so 5a[w] wouldn't be there anyway.

j.a is for air to air situations, not air to ground, so 5b[w] shouldn't be a problem here.

Habaya is tricky, and depends on the opponent.

Thanks, well i guess i have to find more valkenhayn players to fight to get more matchup experience.

Also i am starting to hate the range on Mu's counter assault, seeing that it has backfired on me for using it a few times today. Almost everything mu has is fairly long ranged except her dp and CA :/

Kind of forgot to ask about this earlier, but can you use Mu's chara throw (which i still can't reliably use) somewhere practical in a blockstring ?

If you mean during a pressure reset, sure there are a ton of places.

A blockstring is used to define a list of gatlings the you use to "string" "block" stun together. You have to stop during the string to reset your pressure with a throw mixup.

After 6a and 5b are the trickier points, that usually get though.

If you mean during a pressure reset, sure there are a ton of places.

A blockstring is used to define a list of gatlings the you use to "string" "block" stun together. You have to stop during the string to reset your pressure with a throw mixup.

After 6a and 5b are the trickier points, that usually get though.

I usually use a throw 2b because it's -0 (2a and 5a result in purple throws but it does somtime work), but it does get predictable againt smarter opponents. It sounds usefull to able to use throws after 5b or 6a, because it makes Mu's pressure better seeing that you can use either a jump cancel, 2b or 6b after those moves. I probably should practice the chara throw harder to use it anyway

Interesting, Rampage_chuck claims that IB'in Mu's 6b would make it possible for him to 720 me out of the 2nd part of 6b. Which i don't think i have ever seen it happen.

edit: i don't think it's even possible to do that, because 6b is a level 4 attack and the gap between 2 kicks is just 8 frames. But he claims he could have 720'd me out of it if there wasn't any lag >_>

Edited by bakahyl

Interesting, Rampage_chuck claims that IB'in Mu's 6b would make it possible for him to 720 me out of the 2nd part of 6b. Which i don't think i have ever seen it happen.

edit: i don't think it's even possible to do that, because 6b is a level 4 attack and the gap between 2 kicks is just 8 frames. But he claims he could have 720'd me out of it if there wasn't any lag >_>

No, it is possible to 720 the second part of 6B. If a tager can IB 720 Bangs 5A into 5B, I'm pretty sure 720ing 6B is possible

No, it is possible to 720 the second part of 6B. If a tager can IB 720 Bangs 5A into 5B, I'm pretty sure 720ing 6B is possible

Isn't bang's 5a a lvl 1 attack (which means it only has like 10 or so frames blockstun)? Eventhough i don't know after how many frames you can cancel 5a into 5b, but 5b itself is a 10 frames attack. So if you are slow at cancelling, i also think it's possible to get buster'd out of it

Sign in to follow this