Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oniros

Does anyone have the official Guilty Gear Stick?

It came out a while ago and apparently it's only available from ebten.jp, here is the official info from ASW Japan. Did anyone ever get this stick? If you did, how did you import it? I'm trying to get one but I don't know which would be the best way to do it.

The stick in question for those who haven't seen it:

guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-arcade-stick.jpgggarc1_thumb.jpg

A little video from ebten:

reaVer

I haven't played it much, and I'm kinda used to my awesome custom stick with Seimitsu LS-32, not to HRAP, so I can only give you some first and basic impressions:

- it's very light. This can be a huge benefit, I guess.

- it's very small. I'd say it's a bit too small even - I've had a slight discomfort holding right hand too close to the left side. But that's personal I guess.

- the stick feels very 'soft' and feels like it has relatively small engagement zone (or is that a big engagement zone? what I mean is that you _don't_ have to pull it all the way to the limit to enter a direction). I felt really comfortable doing dashes, but I kinda had some troubles with DPs and flips ([2]-8).

- 6 hit buttons are usual Sanwa buttons, I guess. Nothing to say here.

- additional buttons (L1, L2, Start, Select, PS) are not usual Sanwa OBSF-24, but rather some weird Chinese-esque small buttons that I don't really like - they don't really belong there =\

Then again, I had very little experience with it, and I'm used to a (heavy) custom stick with Seimitsu parts, so I'm not sure if I can be of any help there.

I have one, although it was given to me as a present. I can ask about ordering and shipping, I guess, if this info from Russia will help you.

Sure man, I'll be importing it to Canada but any info on how to get it out of Japan is useful.

Since DL is getting a lot of traffic today, I'm bumping this thread in hopes anyone actually did get this stick. Unfortunately I could never find unboxing videos or anything like that so a little more feedback would be more than welcome.

I've messed with the generic Exar version (only difference is the silent parts in the gg version) if you're looking for a small form factor it's not a bad stick (hard to find anymore last I checked). The only thing "wrong" with it is the JLF is mounted a bit too high, which is going to happen with a case this shallow. Be warned it is a very small case and does not weigh much.

Not exactly what this topic was about, but I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on the old GGXX PS2 Sammy stick. A local game store has one new in box for $80, and I played with it for a minute and it feels pretty nice. It can be used with PS3 with an adapter, so I was thinking about picking it up.

The one thing I noticed about it was that the stick itself seems pretty tight. Not awfully so, but it seemed like dashing and airdashing was a bit of a chore. I'm not sure if it would be better in the long run to have a tighter stick or a looser one. The buttons seem fine.

Any opinions appreciated!

I've played quite a bit on the PS2 GG stick. It's a stock Hori stick (iirc) which means that doing special motions is going to require excessive force, and the buttons aren't the greatest either. It's also not really usable with other games due to the layout. It's a cool collector's item, but not something I would recommend actually playing on if you're serious abiut the game.

I've played quite a bit on the PS2 GG stick. It's a stock Hori stick (iirc) which means that doing special motions is going to require excessive force, and the buttons aren't the greatest either. It's also not really usable with other games due to the layout. It's a cool collector's item, but not something I would recommend actually playing on if you're serious abiut the game.

Thanks for the feedback. I kinda figured it wouldn't be ideal since it's old and non-Sanwa, but the price is pretty low. I might pick it up anyway, just because I wanted one back in 2003 and couldn't afford it back then. They also have the old SVC Chaos stick at this store, which I think is the same thing with a normal 6-button layout. That could be a good compromise. Then again, I could just try to get something more modern...

Any recommendations for an alternative? I've read that the SF4 Tournament Edition stick is the best thing around, but it seems to be quite expensive.

edit: I should add, I'm not a super-serious pro player or anything, but I do love Guilty Gear. I just want something around the $100 range that doesn't suck.