Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PimpUigi

All the sad - Lvl 2 Rock It doesn't cause ground bounce, knocks down now. (and other R+ changes)

- Charge gauge: When using a move the gauge depletes slower.

Buff: now we can always get lvl3 BRP to lvl3 gun blaze combos. Otherwise, we already had the lvl3 Rock It xx lvl3 GB/SV frame trap, and that won't be any easier since we still need to jump cancel to get the timing right

- Dragon Install Sakkai (632146S): Tension cost became 50% instead of 100%.

Buff: Easier to be flashy. ;p

- Ground lvl 2 Bandit Revolver (236K) now causes sliding instead of knockdown, has longer startup, untech time now at 37f from 18f

Buff: Can now grant a ground slide combo in the corner...longer startup is meh.

- Air lvl 2 Bandit Revolver (j.236K) untechable time decreased, no longer knocks down after air combos.

Nerf.

- Lvl 1 and Lvl 3 specials are still the same.

Oh well.

- 2D apparently has shorter range.

Nerf. Hopefully they're wrong.

- Can (still) dodge Slide Head with FD.

???

- 5H untech time from 18 to 20f

Buff: Lets us get hj. IAD combos easier, and lets us combo things like 5S,5H j.D which will let us get more damage against certain characters.

- 2H unthrowable from 1-26f, lower body invulnerable now from 11-22f

Buff: Now we don't have to rely on 6K to counter throws. I guess that makes 6K less useful though, but this hopefully will lead to more damage and better mix ups.

- j.S larger hitbox at the back

Dunno how this will help.

- 6P staggers

Probably a buff, depends if it still causes wall bounce on counter hit.

- throw, proration now 40%

Nerf. Less damage after throws.

- airthrow, higher float

Buff. Hopefully now we can get in 5s, j.HS, jD. dj. HS j.DxxBRP on every character instead of just floaty ones. (better tech traps!)

- dead angle, recovery +5

I guess it helps?

- charge burst, untechable time from 20 to 43f, increases blockstun by 5f

So it's -10 now, still unsafe on block...but hopefully allows better follow up.

- gunblaze (lvl1/2) added 85% proration, up to 1 pillars guaranteed to come out of lvl2.

Nerf. Less damaging lvl1 combos. : ( At least lvl2 was buffed.

- gunblaze (lvl3) recovery shorter by 3 frames, up to 2 pillars guaranteed to come out

Buff. We get to use these as go to moves on wake up again.

- blockhead buster (lvl2), guard bar decrease from 4 + 4 + 4 to 8 + 6 + 6, now wallsticks

Buff. Hopefully the damage on this in the corner will be comparable to the old lvl 2 Rock It roman cancel combos. (doubt it)

- blockhead buster (lvl3), after 2nd hit, decreases guard bar by 2

Slight buff.

- rock it (lvl2) faster movement speed, startup faster by 1f, 2nd hit knocks down, recovery lessened from 17f to 14f

Neutral change maybe? Was already a good midscreen poke tool that granted big damage and was -1. Now it's +2 and we don't get big damage if it hits.

- rock it (lvl3) 4th hit otgs, proration now from 80 to 90% (currently has none according to AC+ Framedata), smaller float

Nerf. Less damage. (unless current data is wrong)

- savage fang (lvl3), gets up to 5 hits, otgs

Will have to wait and see. Hopefully more damage.

- tyrant rave ver. omega (lvl2/3), 2nd hit has longer distance

Buff.

We got twice as many buffs vs. nerfs. I'm probably looking on the down side of things as what we lost is a bit of what I've been relying on.

I dunno, it seems like a hard knockdown and guaranteed charge would serve HOS a little better than a handful of damage and the risk of losing track of the opponent in the air.

In AC Order Sol could gain level 3 from l2Ri combo, especially when the opponent teched backwards. I can't really say why they would've made this change and I don't see any significant advantages with it yet.

While a pure theory approach says this change is bad, I think it allows for use of the move in more situations, at least. Before, it was basically only for combos, and most of those combos had specific spacing requirements and were also character-specific. Now if you use the move as a long range poke, you get a better reward for it, since at that range you usually didn't get a combo anyway unless you burned meter.

I wouldn't call it a positive change, more of a neutral one? Trade off damage potential for more versatility, I guess.

if it gives us enough time to AC safely after the knockdown, im all for it. havent done the research to see if this is the case, but thats what im hoping for, besides i did a lot of L2RI dash 5k 5s combos. i would like a real trade for missing that.

While a pure theory approach says this change is bad, I think it allows for use of the move in more situations, at least. Before, it was basically only for combos, and most of those combos had specific spacing requirements and were also character-specific. Now if you use the move as a long range poke, you get a better reward for it, since at that range you usually didn't get a combo anyway unless you burned meter.

I wouldn't call it a positive change, more of a neutral one? Trade off damage potential for more versatility, I guess.

To be perfectly clear, I never said the change is bad. Even theoretically it does allow you to get more control over your opponent even in midscreen(which was a problem). Though what just slipped into my mind was that the knockdown could've been gotten anyway if we wanted it because l2BRP would combo. That would mean that the 5S2S5Hl2Ri 5S-H l2BRP combo wouldn't just replace the old one in terms of damage, but would also gain the player knockdown AND one or even two free action charges. If this occured in the corner, OS could've continued the combo instead of action charging and probably would do so much damage that he'd get his own dedicated tier!

- Can (still) dodge Slide Head with FD.

???

Potemkin vs. HOS matchup specific.

Slidehead is Potemkin's fullscreen unblockable that knocks down. If HOS stands straight up and does FD when Potemkin does Slidehead, HOS will avoid the unblockable. To my knowledge, he's the only one that can do this.

This is a neutral change, because that matchup doesn't need to get any worse for HOS at mid-to-long range, but it wouldn't have hurt him completely to lose it.

- j.S larger hitbox at the back

Dunno how this will help.

Easier to cross-up. Buff.

Tbh I was expecting some new moves in this update, but these aren't too bad of changes. Can't say I can get behind the throw nerf though.

Noticed something about the charge gauge buff, its slow enough to get several level 2 specials after using a level 3. In this vid Order Sol has about 3.3 charge, uses level 3 BRP. and does 3 level 2 BHBs before he hits level 1! In AC+ in the same situation you can only get 1 level 2. This seems like it would make our charged pressure game really scary.

Playing with HOS in ACR training mode on the Vita, to give you another idea of how slow the charge gauge drains:

At Max Charge you can do: Level 3 Tyrant Rave, RC 3rd Hit, Level 3 Bandit Revolver Prototype blah blah aircombo

Now I can't do aircombos with HOS, but just doing that along with a 5S JC jS gave me around 275 Damage. Granted this takes 100 meter and full charge gauge (and for the player not to go for Dragon Install: Sekkai cause I know that's always a temptation) but still, that long to drain. Goddamn.