Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LukeR

Just for Fun: Why is EX Axl godawful?

I don't know if any of you have tried EX Axl for funsies, but he's really bad for some reason. For a simple example of just random why is that gone, 6K isn't jump-cancelable. He also has only one hit on his chains, and the hitstun isn't very big, so it makes it very hard to do anything with them. His new moves aren't very good, either...

This obviously isn't very important, I just thought it was funny.

I dunno, EX Axl has a couple cool things going for him -command Rensen, FB Dust-slide-thing, tensionless upward Bomber, Housobako that always does the attack (which is how it works in AC+R). I suppose I agree that "vanilla" Axl is almost certainly better, though.

EX characters have uneven power levels because they're not playtested - the developers add things they think might make for fun, silly extra characters, and sometimes those things trickle down into the real game later on.

Hi, sorry for the necropost/bump but I didn't want to make a new thread about EX Axl in AC+R. My question is: what does EX Axl's Hachisubako move catch in AC+R? It says catch after the command. Thanks for the help and sorry for the noob question.