Kurushii

[AC+] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

GGs Gamma.

I am still ass at this game but I am having fun. I have no idea what to do against May, it's like you don't have a turn when you fight her...

Try to FD and push her out so that the last normal in her blockstring whiffs, whatever she goes for. It might not be what you're supposed to do, but it's something to deal with the pressure issue you're having. Should stop her from pouncing on you with dolphins, and while her 5H is awesome, the +7 or whatever on block wont matter if it whiffs and you get to hit her. Just be careful not to get OHK'd because you're holding faultless all the time, and don't waste all your meter on blocking.

If you're feeling brave, hold FD with say P+S, and then hit H right as the last hit in the blockstring would hit you, but err on the side of doing it late so that if you whiff the slashback you've still FD'd, such that May's move still whiffs and you're safe even with the 30 frames of no blocking. How useful this is sort of depends on who you're playing as (I'm experimenting with this as I-No right now since her 5K has good range), since you might push her out too far to punish effectively even if you land a slashback under those circumstances. Also, watch for May adapting and changing her blockstrings (like going into 6H to hit you from 3/4 screen anyway), and punish any new gaps or unsafe approaches (early dolphin or something).

I'm trying to be productive as I watch Dacid Stream but man no one wants to play.

What a waste of winter break...

Gotta finish more stuff! Gotta beat people and games!

ggs contra_x and his robo ky and the others I played tonight. I got bodied pretty bad tonight. I must be obsessive because I practiced Robo Ky's 5HS frcs all day today and I forget every single pressure string. In fact, I didn't do 5k 5S 2P etc at all tonight. I don't even think I did a C.S F.S 2D. Yes I got some 2k throws but man. What am I doing. And will I ever be able to hit confirm the 5HS frc in a match. I think I am seeing I'm so merandom type of player. In fact, I seriously have no idea how I ever win matches. I'm not really playing solid, but just scrambling well at times-- but not really good reads. It's like I'm playing in desperation comeback mode but all the time and I'm just surviving because I can somewhat do that. I'm gonna try to learn more and balance out my fundamentals. I understand Robo Ky requires great blocking and getting out of pressure requires patience. I mash too much and block too little.

In other news, I'm getting my applications done, composing mad music and getting ready to send this stuff to some collegiate and publisher competitions. Program Note writing sucks though. $25,000+ in competitions up for grabs. Highly unlikely if I'll see any of that but hey, opportunity is there and I have a shot.

GG's to Blitz, and a bunch of others I played tonight, such a fun game and I'm glad to be back! Hopefully I'll get my groove back soon so I can have even more fun :D

GG's to the people I played the past few days. Mainly Dreikoo and j4liu (Who's the best Dizzy I've seen online yet). Let's play again soon.

Ah yes specialedworld you were the first guy I played! We have amazing connection, where do you live?

You have a scary May and Millia, I had a lot of fun playing against you. I hate the fact that they're both so damn floaty :v: Btw my friend gave me his PS3 so I was using his PSNID since I didn't know how that worked, I've now created my own PSNID: nehcney

Ah yes specialedworld you were the first guy I played! We have amazing connection, where do you live?

You have a scary May and Millia, I had a lot of fun playing against you. I hate the fact that they're both so damn floaty :v: Btw my friend gave me his PS3 so I was using his PSNID since I didn't know how that worked, I've now created my own PSNID: nehcney

haha, I live in West Los Angeles. Ah, that makes sense. I messaged you on his name that night, that 2D Cancel is super hard to pull off. I will add you when I get on next time!

@EdWORLD and bizzaro: Hey, mind if I add you guys then? I'm in Glendale, so the connection will hopefully be good (or at least better than 1/2 of what I run into). I just got laid off, so I'll have plenty of time to play GG for a while. :psyduck:

@EdWORLD and bizzaro: Hey, mind if I add you guys then? I'm in Glendale, so the connection will hopefully be good (or at least better than 1/2 of what I run into). I just got laid off, so I'll have plenty of time to play GG for a while. :psyduck:

Yep, just add me.

GGs to everyone I played I guess.

Very disappointed in myself not being able to BnB after two years of doing the same combo. It's not like I was busy playing against anyone. Seriously - haven't masted a single one yet. Look at my youtube. Still working on that same damn combo.

My character is the easiest and cheapest ass character, too. Imagine if I tried to switch back to Jam...

Millia Mirrors!!! <3

GGs to everyone I played I guess.

Very disappointed in myself not being able to BnB after two years of doing the same combo. It's not like I was busy playing against anyone. Seriously - haven't masted a single one yet. Look at my youtube. Still working on that same damn combo.

My character is the easiest and cheapest ass character, too. Imagine if I tried to switch back to Jam...

What? Baiken isn't particularly easy, and definitely isn't the easiest character even outside of her above average combo difficulty. Who is telling you that Baiken is all beginner mode? In my personal opinion Order sol, potemkin, Ky, robo ky, Zappa, anji, and slayer are all easier than Baiken. Plus several more that people would definitely disagree with me over and I don't want to waste time discussing their relative difficulties and definitions of difficulty.

What? Baiken isn't particularly easy, and definitely isn't the easiest character even outside of her above average combo difficulty. Who is telling you that Baiken is all beginner mode? In my personal opinion Order sol, potemkin, Ky, robo ky, Zappa, anji, and slayer are all easier than Baiken. Plus several more that people would definitely disagree with me over and I don't want to waste time discussing their relative difficulties and definitions of difficulty.

Don't forget May. May is easy mode. And I hate Millia mirrors...then again I don't think I've ever done a Millia mirror. But the vids just look like there's pins flying everywhere.

GG's to specialed world, first time fighting a may, and millia so I had no idea what to against them, though atleast I was catching up a little towards the end.

GG's to specialed world, first time fighting a may, and millia so I had no idea what to against them, though atleast I was catching up a little towards the end.

GG's, that was an amazing Faust. Millia is actually one of Faust's worst match ups btw. @_@

I must be pretty bad if Robo Ky is considered that easy. I struggle with those 5HS frc combos and I don't get many opportunities to do them in matches. His strings aren't too difficult I guess.

I must be pretty bad if Robo Ky is considered that easy. I struggle with those 5HS frc combos and I don't get many opportunities to do them in matches. His strings aren't too difficult I guess.
You mean like 2S, 5HS frc 66 5S j.K j.S dj j.S j.HS type stuff? I don't main robo ky but that's what I do, and while it might not be beginner mode braindead easy I think Tatami FRC combos are harder or as hard, less rewarding and more unforgiving. If you screw up the FRC you don't get an RC. You just get like a 60 damage combo and no oki. Speaking of Damage roboky gets a lot more off of those combos than Baiken does off hers. Her FRC window is also less clearly defined than Robo ky's, because roboky just has to target the active frames.

To be more concise, I don't mean all of those characters are easy so much as I mean Baiken is actually very far from beginner friendly.

You mean like 2S, 5HS frc 66 5S j.K j.S dj j.S j.HS type stuff? I don't main robo ky but that's what I do, and while it might not be beginner mode braindead easy I think Tatami FRC combos are harder or as hard, less rewarding and more unforgiving. If you screw up the FRC you don't get an RC. You just get like a 60 damage combo and no oki. Speaking of Damage roboky gets a lot more off of those combos than Baiken does off hers. Her FRC window is also less clearly defined than Robo ky's, because roboky just has to target the active frames.

To be more concise, I don't mean all of those characters are easy so much as I mean Baiken is actually very far from beginner friendly.

Yeah that's all true. You do get a Roman Cancel if you mess up with Robo, unless I'm just that bad. Maybe R.C. meant something else. I find the 5HS frc pretty easy alone. I enjoy playing robo more than A.B.A I suppose. 2HS is different though.

Good games to those I played today. I lose a lot but I have a lot of close matches. I have no idea what that means. Perhaps I'm not solid enough at all or gimmicky.

I do think Baiken is clearly harder than Robo though.

Edited by TeeJay