Kurushii

[AC+] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

If you're already suggesting Nietzsche, I doubt people would accuse you of forcing religion on them in any case.

Edited by InWithTheAshes

If you're already suggesting Nietzsche, I doubt people would accuse you of forcing religion on them in any case.

Thank you. I recommend the MacArthur New King James Study Bible. A gifted pastor and good friend gave it to me a long time ago...

(Only use the notes if you have to.)

No mention of The Book of Five Spheres? No Flow? What about Blink? It's not as information based but it's more of an enjoyable read anyway. What about The Art of War? I also recently found out about The Art of Learning, which was written by a pro chess player that quit to become a martial artist or something, so I'm looking forward to picking that up.

Also, I probably wont be on PSN for the next 4-6 weeks because crunch time hit hard at work. At least I'll be too tired to complain about not having +R yet.

Has anyone played any other Chipp players online that are actually GOOD? Lol, every time I meet one online they're never that great... Not tryna say I'm any better myself, but I'm just curious because I wanna compare my Chipp play to theres..as weird as it kinda sounds.

TheRealBobMan, the request has been sent, whenever you're ready. I know I gotta do a lot to get ready (some Training as opposed to jumping straight on Network :). Gotta unscrub my Sol, then scrub it again lol.

Much respect. If I have time, maybe I'll find those books.

read Book of five rings like..15 something years ago. Might be worth a re-read now that I'm older. Sounded only half-profound when I was 15 but may not be now that I'm almost 30.

GGs to no one since You all have to lose nd the game's not worth playing unless I'm better than others. :P

ALSO I'm super- tired.

read Book of five rings like..15 something years ago. Might be worth a re-read now that I'm older. Sounded only half-profound when I was 15 but may not be now that I'm almost 30.

GGs to no one since You all have to lose nd the game's not worth playing unless I'm better than others. :P

ALSO I'm super- tired.

Haha, good stuff. Book of Five Rings (by Musahi Miyamoto) is too archaic imo. Some good stuff buried in a lot of useless junk I think.

Just watch The Samurai Trilogy. Or better yet, Yojimbo/Sanjuro. Especially Sanjuro.

Flow (At least if you start looking into things that relate towards it, such as Maslow's "peak moment's".) and Art of Learning are recommended.

However, we're getting rather off - topic here. BACK TO VIDEO GAMES PEOPLE.

urgh, couldn't resist...lately, i've only been playin while drunk or super tired. Ah heck, I may take the day off from the gym today to get some proper training for GG.

Just to pointlessly ramble further, I still gotta go help my [junior high teacher]+[good friend] run his after school self defense club.

Anyway, imma try to emphasize Wild Throw when I play today.

Be careful about that. Looking to "emphasize" some - thing within a fighting game - as within, try to do some - thing specifically - could mean you focus too much on doing it and try only for it, or get predictable. And the last thing you want to be in a fighting game is predictable. Especially with throws, which work best when you're opponent doesn't see them and, there - fore, is forced to tech/ mash out of them (And wild throw is both untechable and is pretty much nigh impossible to mash on reaction.) .

Of course, if you meant "just use wild throw more" then, if you were using it very little before - hand, then that is actually a fine idea and disregard any - thing I've just said.

Be careful about that. Looking to "emphasize" some - thing within a fighting game - as within, try to do some - thing specifically - could mean you focus too much on doing it and try only for it, or get predictable. And the last thing you want to be in a fighting game is predictable. Especially with throws, which work best when you're opponent doesn't see them and, there - fore, is forced to tech/ mash out of them (And wild throw is both untechable and is pretty much nigh impossible to mash on reaction.) .

Of course, if you meant "just use wild throw more" then, if you were using it very little before - hand, then that is actually a fine idea and disregard any - thing I've just said.

Got it. I feel ya buddy :)

I've been searching for players for months and I have never ever got into an online match, seriously. I still can't get enough practice on Guilty Gear without playing against another player. :/

GGs to Brandinoli and Hokuwokk last night. Had a blast! Hope you figure out who you want to play, Hok.

Also, Brandinoli is a beast Order-Sol. Hit him up for some good matches!

GGs to Brandinoli, BaneFang, Sizzerved, xxTeefxx, and K-Bas. Played some great sets with you guys this week. Starting to learn a lot more and now I'm starting to realize where I need to improve in my game. My Chipp is gunna be up there ! I just need to start playing him and ONLY him, though... I'm always switching to other characters :/. Maybe its a good thing. I can learn how most characters play and when I do play those characters I know what to expect. While I'm messing around with other characters I'm also trying to find a second main. I Always gotta have a 2nd character on deck. Been playing a lot of Axl and I gotta say hes a pretty damn cool character...

But yeah other than that GGs to everyone again !

GGs to everyone I played in the last couple of days!

Also, Brandinoli is a beast Order-Sol. Hit him up for some good matches!

You're giving me waaaaaaay too much credit lol.

GGs to everyone I played in the last couple of days!

You're giving me waaaaaaay too much credit lol.

Hes not giving you enough credit, lol.

I really am terrible at this game. I am just not getting any better.

The good news is that I upbacked Jam 50% less!

Edited by Star-Demon