Kurushii

[AC+] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

Then get a new hobby

I've been FRCing pretty decently with Ky on netplay. 7/10 when I attempt one I get it. Still need to grind them out to have them become muscle memory. But it shows the netcode isn't even that bad and people need to calm down. I need some new people to play, if anyone wants a mediocre Ky player to play against and is EC just let me know.

GGs psyblade! Dizzy mirror matches are the SHIT!! :D

Btw you've improved tremendously since the last time I played you, and I'm loving our matches.

I changed my PS3 output settings and suddenly I can GAHN FUREIMU FRC

It's like I'm in a different world now. Jeez. Why didn't I do this sooner?

I changed my PS3 output settings and suddenly I can GAHN FUREIMU FRC

It's like I'm in a different world now. Jeez. Why didn't I do this sooner?

What did you change? how did you change it?! is it much better now?!?

What did you change? how did you change it?! is it much better now?!?

PS3 was displaying in 480 - TV display flips to 720 - So I set to 720 - tested 1080p (1080 mode don't look right but 720 mode comes into focus fine)

Dude. I can Gunflame FRC consistently. I can j.d consistantly. My TV was always slower than Anime Club 50" or Next Level LG monitors, but now it's much closer.

I can relearn Litchi timings since objects move differently now (the Screen SO MUCH BIGGER!) but GG has instant improvement. WOW.

Plus all the UI stuff on PS3 is smaller and I can see full backgrounds now. Wow.

I wonder what I can do from TV side? I think I set that up first, so I might not be able to do much as this IS a cheap flatscreen TV.

He'll still get mad when he loses.

That likely won't change.

Unless his attitude is dependent on his TV performance.

snip

Smaller UI? wow, you had some serious problems with your display man.

I'll try to mess up with my set up, might reduce the lag in some way or another maybe. Thanks for the heads up.

He'll still get mad when he loses.

That likely won't change.

Unless his attitude is dependent on his TV performance.

Finding out the last year of having and using this TV was messing me up doesn't erase the fact I'm still a bad player.

Maybe it might fix some smaller problems with the game, but fact remains I still don't know how to actually play.

Nothing you can't work on.

Start taking one step at a time like I suggested.

It's not about winning, it's about learning.

in general you just need to chill out, star, and keep the word from Fujiwara, he right about this.

Well, I was online for a short while this afternoon, pretty fun stuff.

It's easy to lose control in the air though. :/ Hope that gets fixed.

Well, I was online for a short while this afternoon, pretty fun stuff.

It's easy to lose control in the air though. :/ Hope that gets fixed.

I don't understand what you mean.

I don't understand what you mean.

I find it difficult to maintain air combos online, that's all. It seems like as soon as I start an air combo of some kind, it gets way too buffered and I miss a hit. I've nailed a few here and there, but for extended things like Dust combos it's kinda difficult depending on the connection I'm facing.

Last night was actually an improvement in how the game felt for me. This is good - but the game still is not meant to be played online as is. Blade has a good way of putting it.

The faster or more complex you are moving the more room for error you get.

There's only like two or three kinds of inputs that make Kire tatami forward work. Back is very easy for me - forward is very hard online.

A proper unreactable TK youzansen is also like 1 input...also hard for me to use in pressure.

Edited by Star-Demon

Hi, freshmeat here. I want to get better at Guilty Gear but most local fighters where I live (Nova Scotia, Canada) are playing BB and SF.

Not that I'm not a fan of BB, but I feel Guilty Gear is a much more rewarding game to master.

Sadly, I can't master it because I lack compitition. I can't seem to find any decent connections to play against online, was hoping to find people closer to home through this board.

My Tag: be4r_1n_m1nd

Main: Chipp

Loc: Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Just add me to PSN and Challenge me, I may not be that good at the game yet, but I'll always be down to fight (unless my girlfriend is using the PS3 :P)

If somebody has the Japanese version, does that mean their PSN profile will show "Japanese" as their language? I usually base whether or not I play someone on that, since custom search is broken and quick match doesn't show the connection icon. I'm starting to wonder if I could get a playable connection with some of those people.

I find it difficult to maintain air combos online, that's all. It seems like as soon as I start an air combo of some kind, it gets way too buffered and I miss a hit. I've nailed a few here and there, but for extended things like Dust combos it's kinda difficult depending on the connection I'm facing.
Oh. When I GG online had that trouble too.

I would always hit the button too early and I'd jump then do nothing or something.

Oh. When I GG online had that trouble too.

I would always hit the button too early and I'd jump then do nothing or something.

I have that problem with the j.D Robo Ky dust combo. Offline it works fine. Sometimes online he'll just j.c out of the J.D immediately.

If somebody has the Japanese version, does that mean their PSN profile will show "Japanese" as their language? I usually base whether or not I play someone on that, since custom search is broken and quick match doesn't show the connection icon. I'm starting to wonder if I could get a playable connection with some of those people.

PSN is PSN, it's not tied to this specific game, it's settings are general settings people customize in their ps3's system options. Those people are just ones who have set their language as Japanese, likely some of them are in Japan but you have no way of knowing and anyone can set their language to Japanese. About all you can really "know" from that is that they can input Japanese characters on their ps3.

This game has cost me tens of thousands of dollars in wasted life and student debt.. I want something in exchange for ruining my life further.

if you have "wasted" money and time in your life in your life it is your own doing. the game is not at fault for your mistakes, you are. take responsibility for your actions; if you are miserable while playing this game, then quit. it's pathetic how you just spend your time scraping at the bottom of the barrel hoping for any low form of attention you can get. such a marginal existence.

PSN is PSN, it's not tied to this specific game, it's settings are general settings people customize in their ps3's system options. Those people are just ones who have set their language as Japanese, likely some of them are in Japan but you have no way of knowing and anyone can set their language to Japanese. About all you can really "know" from that is that they can input Japanese characters on their ps3.

Okay, thanks. The reason I asked is because I thought people might have to be logged into a Japanese account to play their Japanese version of the game as per Sony's rules or whatever. I guess if people can change their location/language to anything and play whichever version of the game they have, I'm justified in using this information as a location indicator.