Kurushii

[AC+] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

I'm currently online so if anyone EC / MW is trying to play feel free to send me a invite / message. I also get a solid connection with WC for some reason so we can play too!

I didn't even do anything. You just left the moment I won a match. I just wanted to play people cause this game doesn't have lobbies.

Play me. I'll be on tomorrow evening. I need to get back at you for all those Tager/Hazama wins.

Play me. I'll be on tomorrow evening. I need to get back at you for all those Tager/Hazama wins.

Not sure about tomorrow cause we're gonna celebrate the end of final exams. lol

But sure I can beat you up more if you want.

GGs to Starblastor, you got me right as I had consumed a cup of coffee so my stuff was on point! XD

I don't think it was the coffee. TBH I'm just so fundamentally bad that you can just do whatever on the screen and it works. If you're really this new and I can't even defend myself, I don't think I should compete anymore.

Edited by Star-Demon

I don't think it was the coffee. TBH I'm just so fundamentally bad that you can just do whatever on the screen and it works. If you're new, I don't think I should compete anymore.

Well, I didn't drop as many things and stuff. I confirmed things right and got my FRCs and stuff to come out almost all of the time.

I'm not really "new" as I've played BB for 3+ years now, I just never really had anyone to play GG with on a daily basis so I didn't put much time into it and whatnot which is why I'm not quite as good with it as I am with BB...but just playing more shall fix that for both of us I think. :p

Well, I didn't drop as many things and stuff. I confirmed things right and got my FRCs and stuff to come out almost all of the time.

I'm not really "new" as I've played BB for 3+ years now, I just never really had anyone to play GG with on a daily basis so I didn't put much time into it and whatnot which is why I'm not quite as good with it as I am with BB...but just playing more shall fix that for both of us I think. :p

That is not really clear to me. I played BB and practiced a lot but I still feel like an 8-year old in both these games. Now It's only been about a week in GG since it came out and I feel the exact same way and I've been playing and practicing for 1.5 years. I don't really know what to think anymore. I don't really have any fundamentals, I'm being steamrolled by anyone willing to stay in my face, and I just don't know how to play this game right.

Not for lack of trying, either. I mean I'm probably riding a serious low, here, but I'm really trying to figure it out and do better. I am. I'm trying to just be good, I'm trying to always go in hard, but when it comes to the lasts two days of netplay It's like everyone finds this incredibly easy and I'm a retard.

I don't know what to do when I play, now.

I have people holding their head in their hands in sheer boredom at playing me, it's a big sign to me that I need ot go home or like I just don't know how to even play this game and am wasting their time. I know I should think about quitting and selling all this stuff, but I feel addicted and committed. I want to learn, but I feel completely handicapped. I hate feeling like this when it comes to games and communities.

Edited by Star-Demon

That is not really clear to me. I played BB and practiced a lot but I still feel like an 8-year old in both these games. Now It's only been about a week in GG since it came out and I feel the exact same way and I've been playing and practicing for 1.5 years. I don't really know what to think anymore. I don't really have any fundamentals, I'm being steamrolled by anyone willing to stay in my face, and I just don't know how to play this game right.

Not for lack of trying, either. I mean I'm probably riding a serious low, here, but I'm really trying to figure it out and do better. I am. I'm trying to just be good, I'm trying to always go in hard, but when it comes to the lasts two days of netplay It's like everyone finds this incredibly easy and I'm a retard.

I don't know what to do when I play, now.

I have people holding their head in their hands in sheer boredom at playing me, it's a big sign to me that I need ot go home or like I just don't know how to even play this game and am wasting their time. I know I should think about quitting and selling all this stuff, but I feel addicted and committed. I want to learn, but I feel completely handicapped.

Hmm, it sounds like you're putting too much pressure on yourself and you've stopped having fun. This is a sign you need to take a break, reclaim your cheery attitude and delve onto the game refreshed. You were playing better last time we played, I wasn't taking it easy on you as you may have thought then either, I think you're just on a low as you said so you need to take a small breather and take it easy.

I wasn't bored in any case, so don't worry about that lol. You play the game fine, some people out there play it even better. Just cause you lose it doesn't mean you don't know how to play, it means that they're just better, that's all. No reason to be down on yourself, just be up on them and look forward to becoming like they are.

As for your fundementals, you don't throw enough! I know I've told you before but even with Baiken's crap grab range, you need to figure out how to throw or to at least yomi and tech throws, they're just huge in this game. Also, use your burst to escape big combos early, it refills so unlike BB you don't wanna save em.

I have always been terrible at throwing. I wish I knew what to do about throws and throw setups. To me it's a speed thing and I don't think I really have it. I've tried grabbing the crossup and other things but I just can't recognize a throw opportunity or do instant airthrows yet. I've practiced but nothing. I know players far far worse than me who are just great at throwing. I don't understand it for nothing.

I probably really need a break, but not playing definitely hurts me - What do you guys do when you take breaks?

I don't know your combos, so I don't want ot bursts something jump cancel-able or something and end up burst thrown.

Why do I think it's easier for good players to take breaks and increidbly hard and even bad for new players to? Why do I feel I have to push hard?

It's funny. After three and a half years; playing BB, P4U, and now GG; you'd think I'd have worked bursting into my game plan by now.

But nope :3

I probably really need a break, but not playing definitely hurts me - What do you guys do when you take breaks?

If I ever feel like I need to take a break, I usually just use that time for a different hobby.

A bit late on this but GGs to Dr.Stormlocke, Solidplay, FMRoss, Ama, Star-Demon, Kazukifafnir and anyone else I ran into online lately

I have always been terrible at throwing. I wish I knew what to do about throws and throw setups. To me it's a speed thing and I don't think I really have it. I've tried grabbing the crossup and other things but I just can't recognize a throw opportunity or do instant airthrows yet. I've practiced but nothing. I know players far far worse than me who are just great at throwing. I don't understand it for nothing.

I don't know your combos, so I don't want ot bursts something jump cancel-able or something and end up burst thrown.

Why do I think it's easier for good players to take breaks and increidbly hard and even bad for new players to? Why do I feel I have to push hard?

Right, this thing sounds quite stressful. You don't have to push, the game isn't going anywhere and you're not gonna get left behind in the dust if you stop for a few days or a week or something. It's not even gonna seem all that different.

Of course not playing hurts you somewhat but playing when you're not having fun is even worse and defeats the point of playing altogether. It makes you both dislike the game and wastes your time, even if you do improve by a tiny bit during it.

As for throwing, just whenever you think you may be in range, throw, just do it, you'll be surprised at the results. I mean, with Baiken I can see why but you didn't even throw with Potemkin, you uses his command grab fine but his normal grabs were left untouched and these are the ones you need to practice with XD. Just try and keep in mind that throws rule and are almost as good as actual reversals and whenever you feel like reversalling and may be in range, throw.

It's a Trolltemkin I just want that bad jump or pot buster :P

TBH I don't understand how throwing works mechanically in this game. You are trying to use a grabbox to grab the pushbox of a character but it seems in BlazBlue you can get sucked into a grab more easily. Since Grab is like a normal you have to do it in a state where a grab can be made, or else you get a normal...

It's a Trolltemkin I just want that bad jump or pot buster :P

TBH I don't understand how throwing works mechanically in this game. You are trying to use a grabbox to grab the pushbox of a character but it seems in BlazBlue you can get sucked into a grab more easily. Since Grab is like a normal you have to do it in a state where a grab can be made, or else you get a normal...

Basically, judge the distance, if you need to be closer do forward grab, if you need to be further off do a back grab. Don't be in running animaton, don't combo into it. If they extend their hitbox into you, you can grab them from further off, which is how you can beat some slower things with grabs and artificially increase your throw range and it really does act as a reversal.

As for my gun blaze crossup, you're not supposed to be able to grab me out of it if I do it right, sometimes I just messed it up and went into it when it was too late, if I did do it perfectly I'd be completely out of range, you just need to identify when I'm doing it right and when I'm not and grab accordingly. The trick with it is to fool you into trying to grab me when I do it right by just a hair, cause that gets you counter hit. Incidentally, if you get hit by a flame pillar and you see me connect with the dash jHS, that's a good place to burst lol.

GGs tonight Brandino, sometime we need to set up a weekend for you to come over for us to not have to go through 2-3 matches of lag lol.

Sorry to Kazu and Star, I think I saw your invites but I was too into fighting Brandino that I forgot about them plus I didn't want to drop our matches. GG really needs a lobby system.

btw Kazu what part of Ohio do you live in? I don't think I've seen you around dustloop before :V

It's okay. I saw your invite, but was in a room with Mr. Biscuits, in which I learned of the horror that is Eddie.

I actually live in Toledo, same as Brandino.

I've been around dustloop since CT came out, but I'm not a particularly active poster, nor have I ever been in the GG section before now :)

Oh cool, explains why I never saw you lol. We should have a good connection then, sweet! We'll try to play tomorrow then.

Yeah man, those Rockets, amirite?

We could totally try that sometime, and I go to UT as well, if that helps any.

Well we're meeting up there next Wednesday most likely you should come. We were there yesterday too

yea kazuki, i was going to ask you next wednesday if you wanted to join me and brandino for gg but i guess i was too slow. I also have BB, SG, and this piece of shit game called P4A.

lol i haven't touched bb in so many months, i proly can't even haz corner vortex anymore

but yeah, i'll have to make sure everything's cool, but otherwise i'd be glad to