Sign in to follow this  
Kurushii

[AC+] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread

Gotcha, I'd much rather just add the name in the tags honestly because my name isn't my XBLA name either so it's also confusing but rather keep it uniform the whole way through.

I know my username doesn't match the GT, but (unless I'm mistaken) you own that account. The GT I was using however, belongs to someone who isn't me. The owner of that account also goes by that name in other places, and isn't my best friend or anything. He works at the venue I play at, and was reluctant to let me so much as buy the game on his account in the first place. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather not risk being confused for him in case he or someone he associates with uploads videos that use his name. I'm not asking you to crack open Windows Movie Maker and watermark my name over the GT in the video, just that you change the video titles and tags, that's all. I'm sorry if this sounds pushy... It's not my intent to make you waste your time and I know it's a lot to ask, but this is important to me.

Skullgirls had a better online scene than this trash after it was out for the same length of time

This online is HORRID

what can you do, its the best game no one plays (online)

Yet again, crazy matches. Oddly enough I felt like we didn't get to play as much this time, even though the count was 13 to 14 when I counted the youtube vids... weird.

Edit: Btw, I've left a couple YT comments on specific matches, and for the sake of organization I feel that said discussion of specific matches/situations would be best left there. This post is simply a general statement, so that's why I'm saying it here instead.

It's interesting reading your comments on each match, as it reminds me that I'm not the only one who makes execution mistakes due to lag (be it connection slips or simply the inherent frame delay) which is something I should probably keep in mind when assessing our respective levels of play. Still, I feel that while I probably make more decisions I deserve to eat combos for than I care to admit, overall I feel like when we play, I'm the one who gets in more hits/fails to block properly less often... at least, in regard to when I actually commit to holding 4 or 1, that is. Failed reversal attempts are their own category IMO, regardless of whether it's on wakeup or during pressure strings. Both are mistakes, I just consider them different kinds.

Now, the question of who dropped/botched more inputs/combos due to lag... (be it connection slips or the inherent frame delay) is a whole different story. Obviously only the results of an offline set would actually confirm which of us would play better in that scenario, so instead of going into theory fighter mode on that front, I think it's safe to say that playing online GG is simply a different game.

It's still fun to me either way though. One of these days I hope to play a set with you where we can trade win-loss ratios, or at least be closer to 50/50 than it has been so far... but in any case, I hope we can feel satisfied and say good game afterwards. I'm glad you don't seem to get salty over what happens, unlike some other people I played later that day...

Edited by Chrome Homura

Yeah you salted me haha

The combo of me losing my 65 win streak and the way you go about defensively mashing really initiated a sodium spike lolll

Your johnny is really very good. It's annoying I don't have enough good people to play with online to practice the high level matchups. And I gotta alter my normal dog pressure because you mash jab or 2h which surprised me

Ggs all around though

Yea, I had to go early actually because I was waiting for someone to come online for video conference.

I don't attribute my execution errors to lag. Some of them like the first few matches were because my hands were simply too cold! Later on, like with most of your matches, my execution is terrible naturally and I have no excuse for it. I've always been bad at executing what I want when I want it; online and IRL.

I only get salty when I know I can beat a player but it's totally my fault in execution during that match when I didn't (like the darklion510 matches). I could have definitely beaten that Testament, I just didn't have my execution there.

Johnny's 2H is too good. I hate that thing. Actually all of his H moves are too good. There was a video I recorded YEARS ago called Hard Slash Johnny where I counted my opponent using the HS button over 70 times in a match.

Jailhouse, he's had a lot of practice against my Zappa for the past two weeks so he's definitely going to give you a run for your money. :P

I'll have to try playing online with you guys... I'm in the Southern US but my connection with randoms is miserable most of the time (as in lag starts on the character select screen), with the occasional good game here and there. Gamertag is ViridianBlues and I play a matchup deficient Venom.

I'm most likely heading down to my local venue today, so... if you're still up for some matches in like, an hour or two I'd be down. I'm one of those antiquated people who don't have a smartphone yet though, so I can't check DL once I leave the house. Thus, if you want to reach me you'll have to check your PM inbox :p

So I try to play via XBL but it is more or less unplayable laggy. Everything feels kind of slow and the timings seems to be off. Is that a problem everyone is facing or is it just my connection?Or do I have to familiarize the feeling of playing online (in comparison of playing offline)? Is it better via PSN?

I find it hard to believe that PSN is somehow better or anything, although one is more likely to get matches in on PSN simply because an overwhelming percentage of Dustloop's playerbase are PS3 owners. You'd think everyone would prefer 360, considering the frame delay matches that of the PS2 version where PS3 doesn't (strictly speaking in regards to offline play, of course) but I guess Xbox owners are the minority for some reason.

PM me, I will be on playing BB but I really wanna play some GG. please [(please) please] "plz" "plox" someone get on so we can GG. ty doesn't matter what sys i'm on both

GGs to Biscuits. I can't block Eddie online or off, plus my defense in general has gone down the shitter since I moved from Norcal.

Glad you started to vary your air movement after awhile, I was getting worried there for a second. :P

So I try to play via XBL but it is more or less unplayable laggy. Everything feels kind of slow and the timings seems to be off. Is that a problem everyone is facing or is it just my connection?Or do I have to familiarize the feeling of playing online (in comparison of playing offline)? Is it better via PSN?

where do you live?

Edit : GGs to Qwerty! I will learn to netplay as hard as I do with axl-low with other characters so I can be like BasedSwaggJohnnyGod Qwerty. But, real talk. It's dope that we can play, you helped me get to where I am now in games and i don't think a lot of people know that. So it was cool playing a set with you. Hope you stay safe upon your travels. ^^

Edited by Leonil_Requiem

I'll have to try playing online with you guys... I'm in the Southern US but my connection with randoms is miserable most of the time (as in lag starts on the character select screen), with the occasional good game here and there. Gamertag is ViridianBlues and I play a matchup deficient Venom.

~_~ ...... You know you wrong for what you did. Lol

Ggs Leonil you really showed me with that Double perfect last match...

what's funny is even with all the lag, we still were hitting frcs. gdlk right?

Sign in to follow this