Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[Jun 8, 2013] Ultimate Montreal Air Dashers - Montreal, Canada

Let me tell you how much I'm looking forward to getting a passport and the ~7-8 hours of flights to Montreal.

Get hype for Toronto Tea though.

I wanna get the maximum out of this event since it'll be local. I might even consider taking a day off before/after. If any of the out-of-towners plan on doing shit OUTSIDE of the tourney, let me know and I would gladly join you (with the the 99,9% chance of having a car in the process)

I seriously think we should try to get a reservation at Poutineville, perhaps after all the tournaments are done. Sounds much more feasible than La Banquise (best poutine in MTL) and it's almost as good!

I seriously think we should try to get a reservation at Poutineville, perhaps after all the tournaments are done. Sounds much more feasible than La Banquise (best poutine in MTL) and it's almost as good!

That or mid-day Schwartz. It's not too far from foonzo even at walk distance. That smoked meat, that atmosphere. There's quite nothing like eating there feeling like you've known the employees forever even though it's your first time. Here's a better example, I went there and some japanese tourists were visiting that famed joint for a take-out order and the guy serving them was all like "I love your products, I have a Sony Playstation 3" and he mimes himself playing with a controler to make sure they get it. That joint is pure magic.

People that works at Schwartz are indeed awesome, never, ever, regretted going there. But I'd opt for Poutine over Smoked Meat for a first timer, and of course those who stays longer we can perhaps show them Shwartz and let them taste a Beaver Tail

Sounds way better than

Harvey's

Can't wait.

Seeing what I can do about going. Sad for Gundam. How about Vampire Savior! It goes by fast too!

if you don't have a passport

apply ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if there is a passport service in your city you can get your passport expedited (for a fee) but you have to sit in an annoying line for about an hour (if you go this route, set your appointment as early as possible)

it's very worth it to get your passport, you won't have to get another one for 10 years, and when you get sponsored and quit your job for esports, you won't look dumb for missing dreamhack grand finals over not having a passport :GetEm: :st1ckbug: :lordknight:

LK using LK emote.

Shit is getting meta by the second, people.

By the way, official events be damned, I WILL be setting up my laptop to play Melty Blood with all of the 3 players we'll have. Maybe by then UNIB will be out and we can feel all hipster by refusing to play the next generation of games?

Seeing what I can do about going. Sad for Gundam. How about Vampire Savior! It goes by fast too!

About Gundam. Last time we ran it, internet was completely ass and we couldn't play more than 1 on 1. Also, it sucked up all the bandwidth and the stream had serious lag issues. This is pretty much why we're so iffy about doing Gundam again with the main internet connection for multiplayer.

As for VSav, we'll be using half of the venue for tournament/pools/finals and the other side for casuals/w-e people wanna run as side events. that means that if you wanna do VSav casuals, bring the equipment to play and have fun. If you really want to run a small side tourney, have fun.

on another note :

Restaurant stuff. we cannot guarantee everything , more so if we are too much people. it's bound to fail as most thing would be better driving there and lol not everyone drives in MTL. Interesting thing that can be taken into consideration is that if you stay on Friday/Sunday/whatever day we can go with smaller groups as it's easier to go around and eat at restaurants without waiting hours to get a table for a hundred. we'll see.

I AM HYPE AS FUCK :D

LK using LK emote.

Shit is getting meta by the second, people.

By the way, official events be damned, I WILL be setting up my laptop to play Melty Blood with all of the 3 players we'll have. Maybe by then UNIB will be out and we can feel all hipster by refusing to play the next generation of games?

Actually a side melty tourney could be well deserved. The big plus is that it doesn't take away any potential tourney setup :)

submitted days off for fri-sunday and now to wait for gay ass mgr to approve it, though I am temtped to come up thursday I wanna sightsee montreal, especially the old part of the city, I regret not doing that cause of time. I thought melty had least 10 people at the last MAD

I don't know how feasible this is, but possibly have a 4G hotspot for Gundam exclusively? Or for the stream either way.

Then they wouldn't have to affect each other nearly as much?

Unlimited data hotspots doesn't exist in canada. It's like 2GB 4GB or 6GB

EDIT: We do plan on having something for cellphones to connect on to tweet their life out.

Makes me think I've seen dumbstuff happens at foonzo lol. MTLSF's last fall tourney, some guy stayed at the venue in the area for casuals. He made himself comfortable and streamed the event... at the venue while it was happening. He was literally 15 meters away from the action, but at least he was comfy :st1ckbug:

I TELL YUO WHAT

IT FUCKING SOUNDS BETTER THAN HARVEY'S