Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[Jun 8, 2013] Ultimate Montreal Air Dashers - Montreal, Canada

Nedel, Mortified, Bluenine, if you guys need a place to stay, I can offer my living room on friday and saturday (and sunday if needed). Livewire, I'm assuming you're either staying with DerQ or with the other Ottawa people. I already have Digital Watches coming, and I offered it to Deadliest as well, I don't know if he still needs it or not. I think I can fit 5 maybe 6 people in my living room (2 futons, a sofa, and probably and inflatable mat or something).

Anyways, let me know when you can so I can offer this to others if they need it.

Ottawa people.. Some advice, if you guys can find a designated driver, maybe you guys can drive in and out on the same day, kind of like how we do it when we go to Ottawa. Bus might also work, megabus terminal is like 10-15 min walk from the venue. It's going to be really hard to find a hotel I think.

once again, next year, we won't pick the only weekend of the year where it's almost impossible to book a hotel ;_;

I think I'll take you up on that offer pedro. Just gotta make sure I have a bus going in now

I'll gladly stay at your place Pedro. That being said, if anyone from outside wishes to stay there and you're missing one space, I can try and find another place to make their life easier.

Nedel, Mortified, Bluenine, if you guys need a place to stay, I can offer my living room on friday and saturday (and sunday if needed). Livewire, I'm assuming you're either staying with DerQ or with the other Ottawa people. I already have Digital Watches coming, and I offered it to Deadliest as well, I don't know if he still needs it or not. I think I can fit 5 maybe 6 people in my living room (2 futons, a sofa, and probably and inflatable mat or something).

Anyways, let me know when you can so I can offer this to others if they need it.

Ottawa people.. Some advice, if you guys can find a designated driver, maybe you guys can drive in and out on the same day, kind of like how we do it when we go to Ottawa. Bus might also work, megabus terminal is like 10-15 min walk from the venue. It's going to be really hard to find a hotel I think.

once again, next year, we won't pick the only weekend of the year where it's almost impossible to book a hotel ;_;

Yeah, depending on what winds up going on with the rest of the Ottawa people, I might just end up taking Derq up on his offer. That being said, it's entirely possible we'll have a designated driver an all that, but I'm not sure how familiar many of us are with parking availability around the venue or whatnot.

I'm pretty sure what'll wind up happening is what normally goes down with us in the form of us not really knowing what we're doing until the Wednesday or Thursday before after all, lol. Thanks again for the suggestions, too.

Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. Can't get the time off of work.

I hope you guys have oodles of fun, and I'll try to tune into the stream when I can. :3

Aww, that sucks, Lythi. It's understandable though, and I'll give that Noel rep for you.

Did you guys need me to bring anything? Consoles, games, monitors, power strips, extension cords?

Bibi, do you need any extra stream equipment? Cables? Splitters/amplifiers? Capture devices?

Bringing a setup for hotel room casuals might not be a bad idea, but we should be good for the event in terms of setups.

edit : actually a couple power bars might help, it's always an issue.

I'll leave you a message on skype tonight if anything, running my last set of tests tonight to make sure everything is working for UMAD. But you can bring your LGP if you want as a backup.

Everyone is free to bring their own LGP for side recording. But I'd like to have one for my main station since I know my BMDIS is not stable on the drivers I am running.

Approximately. What we'll do is create pools around ~10 minutes before the tournaments start, but there will most likely be a lot of byes that can be filled if anyone was to arrive slightly late (these spots are limited and not guaranteed). Please show up at least 30 minutes before the indicated time to be safe, or let us know (in this thread) if you're going to be late and want to be added. There will be setups for casuals, money matches or whatever (planning on having at least 6).

Also, if anyone is curious, side tournaments are happening. They may or may not be free entry (with bonus prize either way), depending on who shows up. There is no schedule for them, but I think we will start with Gundam more or less around the same time Blazblue starts, and soon after KoF13.

I'll be in the venue at 8 on friday. see you guys then.

I'll bring my copy of gundam as well just in case. Do you need any other game copies?

question: don't know how packed the streets are gonna be due to the grand prix, but what would be the best bet for parking?

For recording games, do you need an HD PVR? just curious because my PVR isnt HD sadly : C

Can't use it, every station will use a PS3 + HDMI, so it has to support that and remove DHCP. Thanks for offering anyways.

Due to some complications, we'll have to open the venue a bit later. 11:30 AM or so. We'll try to be there a bit earlier and start setting up so if you arrive early come help out!

Sorry

I can be there early, but I can't call anyone. Will anyone hear me knocking on the door? [ Or go through it? /kappa ]

I can help with heavy lifting and stuff if need be.

GGs everyone, I really had a good time.

>Doesn't place in BB

>Doesn't place in GG

>Gets 3rd in Gundam but doesn't even play the game

lolwut?

I really need to work on playing matchups for characters no one plays lol. I need to figure something out, but thanks for the advice shotokon about playing Ky thursday. Roldy I WILL consume your bishounen soul, your fate is inevitable. We need more free-health-care-combos sarcasm-mixup game and Pedro needs to stop dropping his Jean Chrétien hit confirm combos lol.

I wish I could've stayed longer for some more GG. But oh well my matches with Omar, Roldy, and Louis were dope.

Well during the day i was pretty much watching people playing, however the setup was indeed pretty good, in fact.

So Shoutout to everyone joining up the event, it was very awesome and epic! Was also very happy to see new faces around too! = )

Edit: sorry for my english.