Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[Jun 8, 2013] Ultimate Montreal Air Dashers - Montreal, Canada

Merde! This is all I know of Quebec:

The best part is that going to the sugar shack for lunch/dinner is exactly that. It's literally the food they serve. The only difference is you don't usually make a sandwich of it all.

am late to the party, but ya am looking for this too, hell, can't wait to see more people outside from MTL too.

Makes me think I've seen dumbstuff happens at foonzo lol. MTLSF's last fall tourney, some guy stayed at the venue in the area for casuals. He made himself comfortable and streamed the event... at the venue while it was happening. He was literally 15 meters away from the action, but at least he was comfy :st1ckbug:

I was actually watching with that guy. We were all wearing Team NAH t-shirts. Never felt so NAH in my life...even when I stayed home.

I can't wait still. New faces and hope CP will be around too could be nice too. But very can't wait to see people around the world to come :3

It's funny cuz until I went there I was under the impression that Toronto didn't have poutine at all :psyduck:

oh now i get it

fucking hell I was sad last year.

(yes I didn't realize MAD already had a thread since a month ago lol)

My Jam avatar > St1ckbug's.

Also waiting on my passport getting here, should be here in time though. I hope. Also hey Circuitous really wants to come but won't be able to since I'm flying and his car probably won't make it there and back and he doesn't have the money for a plane ticket. So I say we go esports and start a donation drive for Circ to go to Canada.

How did this made it out of here? 0.o

Long story short, kirbster and I took a shot of Tequila and a bottle of Heineken at Summer Jam and just did it, and Stickbug remembered.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while and this may be a silly question but are spectators allowed? It would be nice to watch a tournament in person for a change instead of watching it on a stream ^,^

This shouldn't be a problem, but there's still the entry fee for the venue of 10$. Though you are still strongly encouraged to enter the tournament ;)

The entry fee shouldn't be a problem and if I can manage to get somewhat decent at fighting games by June, I'll be sure to sign up for the tournament. Yay, I get to go to my first tournament!

The entry fee shouldn't be a problem and if I can manage to get somewhat decent at fighting games by June, I'll be sure to sign up for the tournament. Yay, I get to go to my first tournament!

Do you live in the Montreal area? If so come play with us, we meet up on a weekly basis at the venue the tournament will be held at. It only cost you to buy any item on the menu to play. Also, skill isn't really a factor when it comes to signing up to tournaments IMO, even if you get destroyed, you might get solid advice and tournaments will always put you under stress. Two things you could use if you want to get better ;)

Do you live in the Montreal area? If so come play with us, we meet up on a weekly basis at the venue the tournament will be held at. It only cost you to buy any item on the menu to play. Also, skill isn't really a factor when it comes to signing up to tournaments IMO, even if you get destroyed, you might get solid advice and tournaments will always put you under stress. Two things you could use if you want to get better ;)

I live in the Montreal area and I'm aware of the weekly meetups but I think it's still too early for me to get the most out of locals. There's a lot of basic stuff I still need to learn. I"ll probably start coming though sooner or later. I've heard so many good things about Foonzo that I can hardly resist, lol. Hmmmmm, I'll give what you said about skill and tournaments some thought. I don't really mind going 0-2 in the end but I'd like to be good enough to at least make the fights entertaining for my opponent. But I'll consider entering even if I can't reach this skill level by June.