Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skd

[CP] Izayoi Gameplay Discussion - Tobe! Gandamu!

Was cruising around some YT vids. Does she have an infinite loop already? o_o

no.

6b.. feint?

the slash part didnt come out, and its pretty apparent too.

wat.

and about the guard point, yeah thats 6a. I dont see her taking any damage though?

Looks like 6b is low invincible. You can probably setup some really nice CH setups with it too since she is probably considered airborne.

So Dunno' if it's already been asked, but... What happens when two Izayois use the D teleport at the same time? or for that matter when Arakune is using his teleport?

Yea even when transformed she still retains the problem of having short ranged normals which can whiff (has happened ocassionally) if you're not close enough.

By the way I'm pretty sure ground Sonic Saber has cooldown.

So Dunno' if it's already been asked, but... What happens when two Izayois use the D teleport at the same time? or for that matter when Arakune is using his teleport?

I guess they will end up in the middle between them when they started.

So can she airdash cancel all of her normals in Gain Art mode or just the jump cancelable ones

i dont believe anything is "airdash cancelable", i mean you could IAD off of a jump cancelable normal but... thats about it.

on another note, we could probably combo off justice phorizer? i dont know what they were thinking making it cancelable into teleport but thats cool too i guess

heres some stuff by R-1, if any translators could take a look it would be greatly appreciated~

http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=47141

I was under the impression she works like Aegis or I-No during her Gain Art mode where she loses her run and it turns to the upward airdash. But I suppose you mean Gain Art just changes her airdash to the upward version

no, that's correct. she loses her normal ground dash.

let me put it this way, shes not really like aigis in the sense that her airdashes get changed.

66/44 > I-No/Morrigan style dash(backdash follows a similar trajectory, i-no's is just a backdash)

j66/44 > unchanged

you cant cancel into the dash off of normals, though. When you think about it shes not really like aigis, i feel thats kind of a bad comparison.

the closest you can do is cancel into a charge move and stance cancel it i guess.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I generally avoid translating what is mostly combos but I'll do this. Not taking particular care for sounding good on this though, just meaning.

During GA, 2C on normal hit is advantageous enough to connect to an A without a cancel.

It's probably slightly plus on block, so should be good for frame traps.

Against a scared opponent, you should be able to get closer with hover.

Out of the knockdown combos of 5C>2C>6B and 5C>2C>3C, 3C

seems to be more advantageous, so if it works on all characters, that's that.

During GA, 6C > hj> BC>j>BC>Noir followup> Should be able to finish with

Justice DD without using D Mira.

6C has a motion that seems to draw back, and that parts feels like it has invulnerability.

Requires further research.

○Topic

Air throw combos during GA.

BC> γ followup> 5C2C6C is confirmed to be character dependent.

Midscreen throw RC combos.

Corner throw RC combos.

○Followup combo recipes

Corner throw> CT>γAMirage>2C5C>JB>JABC>Noir

GA Corner throw >CT>2C5C>JBC>JC>Noir followup

GA Corner throw> CT>5D>2Bα>Slide Aegis> Aegis ( From GA, does 3000+ recovers 6 charge)

GA Corner back throw>B Mirage>γ followup>C>JBC>JC

Air throw>Dash>BC>Aerial

BC>β followup Astraeia >2C(1)5C2C>γAMirage>5C2C6C>JCJC>Noir followup finish

Good recipes from jbbs:

6Cfc>β cancel>2C5C6C>γAMirage>2B5C>hJBJAJB>JAJBJC>Noir followup

Normal

○Midscreen

Whatever>C>γA Mirage>2B>B>α

Whatever>C>γA Mirage>2B5C>hjBAB>jABC(>Noir)

whatever>β>BMirage~Continue combo

BC>γAMirage>2B>αBMirage>α(6Charges)

BC>γAMirage>Aegis>jB>jABC>Noir(6 Charges)

Throw>BMirage>2C5C>hjBAB>jABC(>Noir)

Throw>BMirage>γAミラ>hjBAB>jABC(>Noir)

Throw>γBMirage>(2B5C>)Aegis>Slide Aegis(6 charges)

○Corner

Throw>γAMirage>2B(5C)>α>jB>jABC>Noir

Throw>γAMirage>2B>α>Slide Aegis>Aegis(8charges)

BC>γAMirage>2B(5C)>α>Slide Aegis>hjAB>jABC>Noir

Gain

○Midscreen, 2 charges

Whatever>β followup Astraea>B Mirage>BC>hjBC>jBC Noir followup finish

Whatever>C>γA Mirage>5C>β followup Astraea B Mirage>BC>hjBC>jBC Noir followup finish

○Midscreen 4 charges+50%

B family, up to 2 hits>β followup Astraea>B Mirage>BC>hjBC>jBC>Noir D Mirage>jB>Noir followup>Land> Justice

○Corner 2 charges

(JC)BC>β followup Astraea >2C γ A Mirage>5C2C6C>JCJC>Noir followup ender(4150)

Corner 4 charges + 50%

(JC)BC>β followup astraea>2C γ A Mirage>5C2C6C>JCJC>Noir D Mirage>jB>Noir Followup> Land> Justice(5000)

○Midscreen combo that works for forward or back throw

Throw>B Mirage>γB Mirage>5C2C6C>JCJC>Noir followup

○Corner throw, 1 charge

Throw>γ A Mirage>5C2C6C>JCJC>Noir followup ender

Throw>CT>2C6C>JCJC>Noir followup ender(~3700)

Wasn't sure what the meaning of one thing that came up in combos was.

2C出し切り

At any rate, in those places I just put 2C. Probably something particular about how you hit with 2C. maybe only a single hit off it, or whatever.

課題 is similar to "homework", so rather than "topic" I think it is "things to research".

I looked up 出し切り and it seems to be "let the whole move hit".

As GA 2C has two hits, it would kind of make sense. But why they don't write it as 2C(2) is beyond me.

By the way, I think it is impossible in normal mode to follow-up throws out of corners, as they ground bounce to far away.

In GA I think we can still do Dmira.

課題 is similar to "homework", so rather than "topic" I think it is "things to research".

I looked up 出し切り and it seems to be "let the whole move hit".

As GA 2C has two hits, it would kind of make sense. But why they don't write it as 2C(2) is beyond me.

By the way, I think it is impossible in normal mode to follow-up throws out of corners, as they ground bounce to far away.

In GA I think we can still do Dmira.

Throw is special cancelable, do throw > 214B?

Question, I don't know if it was asked before but what type of player style do you all think that fits Izayoi? Like zoners would tend towards Nu-13, Hazama or Mu-12 and rushdown minded players mind tend towards Ragna, Platinum or Makoto.

Throw is special cancelable, do throw > 214B?

When you have your back to the corner, the screen edge is much father away, so 214B won't take you all the way.

Question, I don't know if it was asked before but what type of player style do you all think that fits Izayoi? Like zoners would tend towards Nu-13, Hazama or Mu-12 and rushdown minded players mind tend towards Ragna, Platinum or Makoto.

Not that I have any experience to talk of with any of characters but:

* her projectiles works similar to Jins

* her normals are similar to Tsubaki in range

* she needs to get metre before she can deal any real damage similar Hakumen

* she has two mode similar to Litchi

I think she is quite a nice blend of many styles. She cannot zone like Nu or Mu, however her tricks and mind games with the teleports makes her something else than your average rushdown. Maybe it is little like Arakune, play neutral and gain ground with your short combos, until you get curse (in Izayoi's case "stars"), then go all out berserk.

ah, okay. i thought you meant just straight not in the corner, so like midscreen haha. hmmm, that's kind of strange, not too bad since you can just throw them into the corner i guess.

and as for a playstyle comparison, it's kind of hard to classify her haha. she has solid tools to work with, but a strong mixup game unlike other "vanilla" characters. she has to play neutral to build stocks, but it's kinda gimmicky neutral w/ projectile + teleports. id say really gimmicky jin? then again i haven't touched her haha

As long as you throw towards the corner you should be fine, but you probably want to do Amira in the corner, or you will cross-up (I had to learn that the hard way).

I'm liking what I'm seeing with her so far along with those explanations about her playstyle. I currently main Lambda and Mu-12, though I'm really liking the teleports and fanciness of Izayoi.

Izayoi is augmented rushdown I'd say. She has crap for defense so she can't really be described as a Jin, the man with the 4 DPs, she's not really a zoner since her projectile's function is to either build her unique gauge or to let her enter safely somewhat akin to Bang's nails. She's kinda like an offensive Hakumen/Tsubaki hybrid with I-no dashes (not Aigis dashes, she doesn't dash-cancel her normals on a whim and she can't aim her glide dash like Aigis can) and teleports.

Izayoi is augmented rushdown I'd say. She has crap for defense so she can't really be described as a Jin, the man with the 4 DPs, she's not really a zoner since her projectile's function is to either build her unique gauge or to let her enter safely somewhat akin to Bang's nails. She's kinda like an offensive Hakumen/Tsubaki hybrid with I-no dashes (not Aigis dashes, she doesn't dash-cancel her normals on a whim and she can't aim her glide dash like Aigis can) and teleports.

Jin's "4" DP's dont really matter in terms of defense, she has a "DP" to match his A/B DP, and his C DP is rather...bad. When you think jin, you dont think DP's due to his only fast, startup invin one costing 25 meter making it somewhat costly to RC and make safe. Half of them arent even real DP's, and her 623B does have invin too so :v

She has a GODLIKE backdash in Gain Art, i wouldnt say she has crap for defensive options. Her super is relatively difficult to punish from what weve seen so far, and it can be canceled into D teleport, so i wonder if its a legitimate option. It all really depends on how much recovery D Mirage thruster has, but her options arent too bad.

I'm interested to see Izayoi Vs Rachel match up soon and see these two clash.

@not_lunaris: Also, I have to say that avatar is hillarious xD

At least she has a Wesker teleport type (214C is really fast and moves her forward, so any gap between hits can be escaped) and a really fast mode change. I don't think she can be rushdown like Amane.

I wouldnt really count teleport as a tool to get out of pressure... im relatively sure it has a good amount of startup before she disappears.