Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

The part about "authority" and "winning anything" is wrong. Just cause you ain't no champion or great player doesn't mean you can't give advice. LK is respected because he knows alot about litchii and contributes like hell for this forum in addition to that he is greatly respected or winning tourneys .

But do you really think every litchii who comes on this thread should run to champions and great players? if thats the case , why don't i go main another character and and run off tosee all the people who have "trophies" under their names.

We're all here to help , whether you are a loser or a winner / inactive or active. You may know something that someone wants to know. People learn from others mistakes or experiments.

Doesn't seem to be the case to me, but if you say so then I guess my view of the situation is just different. I hope everyone actually does share that view.

If you wish to exaggerate and make a "beginners series" be my guess. Don't expect me to laugh when to be honest , at least you're contributing something.

That was not an exaggeration.

I'd say something but winning panama tourneys is not noteworthy at all when there's like 4 good players and the rest are d-mashing noels...

But Exo is right, you don't have to iwn tourneys to be really good at hitconfirming, or really good at neutral-People who win high level tourneys are just good at most core skill areas.

Like, I', sure there's something YOU'RE amazing at when you play Litchi, Star. In one of the core gameplay areas oyu excel, and you're completely entitled to helping newer players in that area, at least.

I'd say something but winning panama tourneys is not noteworthy at all when there's like 4 good players and the rest are d-mashing noels...

But Exo is right, you don't have to iwn tourneys to be really good at hitconfirming, or really good at neutral-People who win high level tourneys are just good at most core skill areas.

Like, I', sure there's something YOU'RE amazing at when you play Litchi, Star. In one of the core gameplay areas oyu excel, and you're completely entitled to helping newer players in that area, at least.

Unique Skills Sets/In Specific Areas

And yup you hit the nail directly.

Thank you GenoWhirl

it's ok.

you tried.

:)

i'm with the 'strong players only' video section for all the stated purposes, but for the sake of pleasing everyone this way probably shouldn't be considered as the main focus. instead, having a separate list of 'strong players' and their matches, and then the weaker players may work out, it has for the p4 subforums imo.

He's also the only one I know of that's won anything around here - and let's be honest - I'm not the only one around that thinks been having tournament wins is the only thing that qualifies you to be saying things at all about the character. Everyone else is encouraged to stay quiet.

Then why do you ever make posts about this character? From a devil's advocate point of view, this is an incredibly hypocritical post. Playing strong players and being a strong player are the only things that matter here. There is always someone better than you, there is always someone who can and will beat you. There is always someone who is your equal. We don't need trophies to know what we're talking about, that's not the only proof of knowledge. Everyone's posts and critiques here are subject to critiques themselves. I apologize that I don't contribute on the level that I used to back in CS1/2, hell, I don't even play as much as I used to.

User contribution is part of message boards, if you only listen to one person you will falter, we aren't Shounen and all still have our own things we need to learn. You need to get a wide amount of information and sift through it for what you need most.

________

Moving on: I agree with the suggested layout for the combo thread. Where I differ is that ad-libbing should not be in the main post. At most, it should have a section to itself with quotes or videos showing it. Ad-libbing with Litchi is a truly learned experience, no matter what skill level you're at it is not something that is just picked up by reading notation or seeing it done. Having the awareness and execution to successfully ad-lib borders closer to theory and should be kept to detailed posts, rather than being condensed into notation. That's how I view it at least. I also understand the CP looks to be much lighter in this aspect and we probably can eventually find concrete things to notate.

As for a video thread, I'm with LK. I don't feel that anything is learned from watching the lesser players. Whether it be in Japan or the USA, I'm only interested in the top level of play and for the most part our video thread should be kept cleaned up with that sentiment in place. I feel exceptions should be made for when the video contains something interesting or new. The critique thread can be for our own postings.

My absolute biggest problem so far though that has not been addressed is you guys need to clean up your posting habits for informational threads. This board needs to be kept clean and that's a community effort, save the useless posts for the general discussion thread we have here. I don't enjoy seeing 2 line max posts in my changes thread, in the video thread or in the combo threads. Make it easy for new players to sift through our information and find it, it won't always be on the front page of every thread.

Edited by sG

So it's agreed then, the video thread will only post high level Litchi play.

You've got my vote.

As long as contribution from everyone is there. i think this thread will be perfectly fine.

Any suggestions on how to make the video thread better/cleaner and separate the videos that aren't needed from the videos that people want, or is it fine the way it is at the moment

Any suggestions on how to make the video thread better/cleaner and separate the videos that aren't needed from the videos that people want, or is it fine the way it is at the moment

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15327-CP-Azrael-Video-Thread

This was already given an example as what should be and what is desired now out of video threads. Also remove your anecdotes after some videos, they clutter up the list and don't serve too much of a purpose. You also need to actually link the match time for ease of viewing (right click -> copy URL at current time frame)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15327-CP-Azrael-Video-Thread

This was already given an example as what should be and what is desired now out of video threads. Also remove your anecdotes after some videos, they clutter up the list and don't serve too much of a purpose. You also need to actually link the match time for ease of viewing (right click -> copy URL at current time frame)

Okay, got it ;) (can believe i forgot that)

edit: i'll start tomorrow so i can organize the videos first then get the templet up, then put in the video's.

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA

Hey hey, don't count out SG, ATGWarlord (when he decides to be in America) or Romey! They all put in work! And you never know who's going to put in some effort, show up and try to do well.

At the moment CP Litchi adlib parts are way simpler and more consistent (mostly just 5B > 4B > ItsuuA or staff launch > Puffball) so it won't be as bad (that might be it really).

Unfortunately the game is only out in Japan so it would've been a Japanese player match video thread anyways :st1ckbug:

ATGWarlord/Mantenbo is still active? I miss the mirror matches :(.

Stood up late finishing up the template for the video thread. it's a bit of a mess at the moment but in the morning i'll continue working on it. It should have all the videos in the thread as well as new ones uploaded by the end of tomorrow. If i am missing any litchi player (which i know i am since some videos list the characters and not the name) just let me know who they are and what color they use and i'll add it to the player section of it.

A suggestion I'd like to make is to link this and this. For the popular players, post the # of the color, much better than making up names.

Also, Dr. Doom is Chou.

EDIT: When you get some more time, either clean up your BB coding or have LK/a supermod do it for you, thanks for working to make it look clean by the way. It's appreciated.

Edited by sG

A suggestion I'd like to make is to link this and this. For the popular players, post the # of the color, much better than making up names.

Also, Dr. Doom is Chou.

EDIT: When you get some more time, either clean up your BB coding or have LK/a supermod do it for you, thanks for working to make it look clean by the way. It's appreciated.

Will do (the names were just to be funny and silly, but i get what you are saying ^_^)

Alrighty thanks.

Coding? i'll look into it. If anything i may just get a mods help. i did just copy the azreal thread, put it in google docs and start editing it, so i may have messed up.

No problem anything to help out.

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA

Coding?

Looking at the video thread, I think you already know coding without knowing what it is. He means the bullets, tables, charts, the naming of links and such, etc.

Looking at the video thread, I think you already know coding without knowing what it is. He means the bullets, tables, charts, the naming of links and such, etc.

ah okay thanks, -__- hate knowing how to do things without knowing what it is.

almost done with cleaning up the thread this last video is a real pain (3 hours and change holy fu.....)

Edit: going to finish that last video a bit later as well as post the ones that were uploaded by jourdal yesterday, i need to do somethings

and eat some food

but it is nearly done. enjoy the new, clean, video thread. Also if anyone has any suggestions, please don't be scared to share them :)

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA

You know what I don't have?

My own litchi colors.

have you seen the color pallets yet, or are you going to stick with classic red

5, 6 and 8 have really caught my eye. Such nice colors :(

EDIT: E3vE3 if you could condense the video links with coding like this [ url = link here ] Click! [ / url] (take out the spacing to make that work) and place the date in front of it and the name of the player if available after it that'd be great. Just continue using the Azrael thread as a reference. Looks a lot better already with what you've done so far!

Edited by sG

5, 6 and 8 have really caught my eye. Such nice colors :(

EDIT: E3vE3 if you could condense the video links with coding like this [ url = link here ] Click! [ / url] (take out the spacing to make that work) and place the date in front of it and the name of the player if available after it that'd be great. Just continue using the Azrael thread as a reference. Looks a lot better already with what you've done so far!

Alright will do, just let me get everything organized and i'll do that. Thank you too for the suggestions sG, big help ^_^

i like color's 9 and 10, because 9 is actually a good blue that doesn't look like shyt and 10 because.....well it should be obvious who it reminds me of :3

have you seen the color pallets yet, or are you going to stick with classic red

I have always rocked default - but you need your own color. I've always liked "suzumebachi" (CS D color), but I'll need another look at the palette. Color 15 looks like the one.

I could of just gave you my template to save time trying to copy another threads lol. Guess LK didn't inform you guys. If you want a header like the others just link to the ones in here: http://kurushii.tv/Dustloop/BBCP/Graphics/Litchi/

Nah, it gave me something to do since i wasn't sleepy and stood up till 2:30.

Plus knowing myself i would have been to shy to ask anyways xD

Cute avi btw

@star: that's her mitsuru color so since i know you play her, you could use that one as well.

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA