Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

If we could make our own colors, then that wouldn't be a problem. It's all good though.

I have a stupid question, but does anyone know the usefulness of the 6a(m)?

is an unnecessary overhead from cs2

6a[m] is decent to use when the foe very close to a KO. decent damage for a solo attack, good range, and is completely unpunishable on block. it's also good against noel's 3c and hakumen's kishuu. using it often against these two often may discourage them from using those tools, giving you more freedom to use itsuu and her slow staff normals.

i dont like most of litchi's new colors, i want bbct/cs colors :x

also, i take it that litchi can't cancel into itsuu on block from anything even though it isnt + anymore? i guess they would have to make that a late cancel or a block cancel only since they dont want you comboing into it via chains

litchis dont seem to be using kanchan at all anymore outside of combos. lol new moves only good for combo meat?

I have a stupid question, but does anyone know the usefulness of the 6a(m)?

is an unnecessary overhead from cs2

if they're used to reacting to 4d then i guess sometimes 6a[m] is useful to surprise them a bit especially when you have meter to rapid

otherwise i guess there's gimmicks like mashing 6a over and over from a range for ghetto full screen pokes, lol

otherwise i guess there's gimmicks like mashing 6a over and over from a range for ghetto full screen pokes, lol

This so much lol

Seriously though, the only way you can combo into it is after a FC (good lick with that >.> 6a[m] fatals happen almost as much as tao walking) or after a rapid.

6a[m] is decent

safe on hit, relatively safe on block, punishes slides

main thing is that you dont have to spend meter or be really far for it to be safe like 4d

Sadly it's too obvious and slow.

I kinda disagree,

here's what I do to get 6a[m] in,

5b[m] 6a[m]

2b[m] 6a[m] <--- 6a[m] at the range of 2b[m], switch 6a with 3c/6b for mixups

and I will never do a 6a[m] point blank, it's too slow, make some space then do it out of nowhere

Edited by deadsnake

I am sorry, if I am asking something what has been asked before, but I want to know, does Litchi actually LOSE moves during her OD? I've noticed that in one of videos showcasing OD DD, the guy noted that due the fact her OD keeps her staff behind her, she cannot place the staff, so she cannot do Thirteen Orphan. Then it struck me that does this mean that she cannot use her staffless moves?

EDIT: Okay, looking at one video, it seems that she can do her non-staff moves like the Three Dragons, but that brings me to ask this: is Litchi's moveset in her staff or staffless mode or are they mixed?

Edited by TPPR10

I am sorry, if I am asking something what has been asked before, but I want to know, does Litchi actually LOSE moves during her OD? I've noticed that in one of videos showcasing OD DD, the guy noted that due the fact her OD keeps her staff behind her, she cannot place the staff, so she cannot do Thirteen Orphan. Then it struck me that does this mean that she cannot use her staffless moves?

EDIT: Okay, looking at one video, it seems that she can do her non-staff moves like the Three Dragons, but that brings me to ask this: is Litchi's moveset in her staff or staffless mode or are they mixed?

We don't have actual confirmed details on it, but she's in staffless mode. You can only use her non-staff related specials during OD, so you can't do Shinshin, Kokushi, Ippatsu, Riichi or Kote it seems.

She is 100% fixed in staffless mode for the duration of her OD. When the OD ends she immediately receives the staff, regardless of how it was set prior to activating OD.

So she's in her staffless state when the staff itself is launched (as she cannot use her stafless moves related to her placed staff). This honestly sounds like a big disadvansive towards Litchi, as it locks away most of her moves during it's duration.

Not particularly as you have self-controlled coverage from Daisharin (you were staffless before while Daisharin was active too). The problems come from variable duration and combos during OD actually using Daisharin hits don't seem to do much extra damage but have excellent corner carry. It will likely take some time before the optimal uses of it are really fleshed out.

TBH you have to look at it like this:

It's enough to just open someone up for the cost of a burst.

No one should be getting Hakumen-level results. (or Jin-level results. )

If we really expect every character to pop overdrive to open someone up or after opening someone up and get a 2000 to 3000 damage advantage we've gone from BlazBlue to MAHVEL.

She does get a huge damage boost from OD. It's just situational.

ODing at high life values with 50 meter, as long as you aren't too close to the opponent, let's you do 5B 5C 3C OD Ryuuisou -> combo for 6k~ damage.

There are likely more ways to go into this at lower life values and close to the corner, possibly something like IADing back while Daisharin hits and using Ryuuisou when you land.

Definitely my type of thing - but I'm more concerned with the primary function of the thing - it's a burst and DD first, then an X-factor.

What do we have off Jersey burst?

I'm losing free to tager again. I have to be the worst litchi in this community for being free to a free match.

no blocking j.B or C

no stopping myself from ground itsuu

no blocking on GF wakeup

no confirm off any 6B or 6c

no jump cancel to avoid mash 360.

No AA vs elbow on ground

nothing. I know all this and still not doing it. Over and over and over the same goddamn mistakes.

Even below average litchis have this free, and they don't even care to show their faces anywhere and here I am trying to. Christ.

Edited by Star-Demon

I'm losing free to tager again. I have to be the worst litchi in this community for being free to a free match.

no blocking j.B or C

no stopping myself from ground itsuu

no blocking on GF wakeup

no confirm off any 6B or 6c

no jump cancel to avoid mash 360.

No AA vs elbow on ground

nothing. I know all this and still not doing it. Over and over and over the same goddamn mistakes.

Even below average litchis have this free. Christ.

Star, you gotta chill yo. I mean, you're a much better executing litchi then I am though we were 1-1 when we played before. But you gotta have the mindset to enjoy the challenge even when outmatched. Years ago I played Zidane and got bodied for free winning 1 round in 11 matches-- only first or second round. I played Nineball many of times and i had the approach that I was gonna win a round in a best of out 5. I lost my first match 2-3. I lost the next five matches after that but I learned. I, mean, against Kehoon or who is that other psn 800+ psr tager, I'm like 4-36. But it's much closer now and that is an improvement. I know you want to be good at these games NOW, but you gotta have patience and the RIGHT mindset or it's not gonna get any easier. Btw, I'm terrible at fighting games. 48% litchi and my A.B.A and Robo Ky are struggling haha.

Don't feel bad, i still have trouble with the match myself, especially against deadliest and scrimgore.

iad j.b works wonders it seems, even if they read it and back dash, i still catch them (though since thy count as in the air, there isn't much i can do after words) i noticed i'm playing too aggressive against him, which is bad since it means approaching which against tager is bad :p. Star, what needs to be done is camping, despite how boring it is, if you are magnetized, and he tries to pull you in, itsuu prevents you from being pulled in (works wonders) i always get hit with the tagers elbow, xD but that's my own fault same with you, if he jumps there is a chance it will come and if you just stand there and try to crouch block you deserve to get hit by that shyt(once again, so you don't think i'm attacking you, i get hit with it myself). 6b 6c can be hard to hit if they read your pattern of when you will throw it out. try going for 2b 6c at times, same thing different day. ummm...................if he blocks and you wanna do itsuu burn it into you mind that he can IB the first hit and sledge before the second hit comes out (at least the tagers i fight do that >.> don't know if anyone on ps3 does that) just go to the match up thread, re read it, and......................press buttons.

Just play patently and try to catch him doing dumb shyt.

Does anyone have the link to Litchi's CP colour palette or is it yet to be released?

Litchi had the best colours in Extend imo and her CP look sweet.

Stop thinking that it's a free win. No match is a free win, you have to work to beat everyone.

Don't go into a match thinking that you'll win just because your Litchi. Litchi has the "tools" for what it takes, but Tager also has "tools" to beat you too. Your "tools" may be better in the particular match-up, but at the end of the day it's who utilizes their "tools" the best that will come out on top. Only the player can achieve the goal.

Edited by Kujikawa